3rd Trimester
Options

Help! Gigantic belly button in bridesmaid dress

Hi ladies!  I lurk every day on these boards, but rarely post.  However, this problem needs your expert ideas.  I am standing up in a wedding next weekend and my belly button (which popped several months ago and keeps finding ways to push farther and farther out) is VERY visible in the dress.

I have tried band-aids of all sizes, and ace wrap, but none have contained this beast.  I really don't want to go the spanx/control top pantyhose route, as I think I'll be pretty uncomfortable as is.  Any ideas on how to hide my belly button in a satin dress that shows just about everything?  TIA!

Re: Help! Gigantic belly button in bridesmaid dress

• Options
    It is just a sign that you are pregnant.  I don't think I'd get worried about it.  People will think it is cute.
  • Options
    lkichlkich member
    what about putting a nursing pad over it, it may help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Motherhood Maternity makes a pg version of "spanx" that aren't too tight at all and give a really smooth look. They even let me try them on in the store before buying them. I thought they were super comortable.
  • Options
    C.MoC.Mo member

Sorry, but your post made me LOL at my desk.

I honestly wouldn't cover mine up. If someone wants my @ss in a satin dress they can deal with a little bump. Everyone will think it's cute anyway. Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mama Spanx are comfortable on the belly, and might help conceal the belly button.
  • Options
    I use masking tape.  Thinner than a bandaid and doesn't hurt when removed.
  • Options

If you had a bella band you can wear that just around your stomach to smooth it out, but I'm sure the dress looks great already!

• Options
    I havent tried this, but I heard it works but can be painful. Put a nursing pad over the belly button and then duct tape it down tight. Not sure I'd be able to do it, but it might be worth a shot? At least for the pictures.
  • Options

"Motherhood Maternity makes a pg version of "spanx" that aren't too tight at all and give a really smooth look. They even let me try them on in the store before buying them. I thought they were super comortable."

I did this for a wedding I was in a few weeks ago. Worked like a charm and I wasn't at all uncomfortable.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Options
    I think it would be cute to have the bellybutton and you dont need anything, but, if you want to hide it, I would maybe try Victoria's Secret. They sell these stickers that are kind of velvety. They are actually made to cover your nipples if you are going braless, it might work for the bellybutton.
  • Options
    Duck tape. It fixes everything...
  • Options
    Target carries "popper stoppers" and they work great. (they are a bit bigger and a little more padded then a band-aid)
  • Options
    LOL I like the popper stoppers..that's cute
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for all the suggestions!  Popper stoppers is pretty funny, and I love Target, so I'll have to check that out.  Duct tape sounds painful with how fuzzy my belly is these days!Surprise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"