Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Tell me your laundry routine please...and detergent.

First off, I am not sure what detegent to buy.  Is there one that works for all types of CDs? 

Seems like every site has a different recommendation on how much detergent/water to use and what cycles to use.  I am overwhelmed. 

I need to get all my prefolds prepped and other dipes washed before baby comes!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Tell me your laundry routine please...and detergent.

• Options

I love Crunchy Clean cloth diaper detergent- it's made by a nestie and a lot of ladies on this board use it.

I'm still tweaking my routine, but I've been doing a cold rinse first with a little CC sprinkled in, then a hot wash with 1 TBS CC and a small squirt of Dawn, then a cold rinse with a splash of vinegar.

ETA: This is what I do with heavily soiled loads. There are times I skip the Dawn and the extra rinse cycle at the end.

• Options

Most girls on here use Cruncy Clean for their detergent.  I haven't used it myself but I've heard great reviews.

And wash routine is cold rinse/hot wash/cold rinse (only sometimes) 

I usually hang dry, but sometimes, if I'm in a hurry or it's nasty outside I will use the dryer.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I use a homemade detergent.  I make my own.  To buy, I recommend Crunchy Clean.

As for wash.  I do a cold wash/rinse cycle with about 1/2-3/4 tbs detergent.  Then follow with a hot wash/cold rinse (mine doesn't have hot rinse) and a full tablespoon of detergent.

As for drying.  If it's sunny, I line dry.  If not, dry on med. heat.  I use a lot of AIOs, so I remove all of my covers and pockets and run another dry cycle.  I use an automatic dry cycle so that it doesn't run too much.  It 'knows' when it's dry as opposed to a timed dry.

My machines are not HE btw.  I wish they were, but that's an expense that will come another day :)

Hope this helps, even a little :)

• Options
    I'm only at the pre-washing stage (as my Bun isn't finished baking yet), but I washed all my new diapers and ProWraps thrice - once with All Free & Clear, once with Method laundry detergent and once again with All.
  • Options

I have an old-school washing machine.

I do a cold rinse with 1 tbsp of Crunchy Clean diaper detergent, then a hot/cold run with another tbsp.  I sometimes add a tiny squirt of Dawn or a scoop of oxi-cleaner stuff if things are stinky, sat for a while in the pail, whatever.

I try to air dry, but when I don't I put them in the dryer with wool dryer balls.

Before I started with this routine, I washed a couple loads of towels and tees and such with Crunchy Clean and no fabric softener to sort of clean out my machines of all the softeners and additives and such.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"