Babies on the Brain
Options

NBR: RN's I have a question

This is for those of you that work in the hospital floor setting as opposed to an outpatient area.

Crash Carts in your facility--how many crashcarts do you have per department?  What kind of hallways do you work on--like a short hall and a long hall?  Do you have one cart for each hall? 

Right now we have a 24 bed unit--8 ICU beds and 16 SDU beds and we have two crash carts.  One sits in SDU one sits in ICU with our SDU beds on spread among 8 rooms in a short hallway; and our ICU beds in a little cluster around the nurses station.  At the new place facility they're building, there are 2 crash carts for a 32 bed (all private rooms) combine SDU/ICU with the hallways looking like a T--the short hall holds the two carts.  So if there's a code down at the end of the LONG hall--and these are LONG halls--it's going to take an absurd amount of time to get the cart down there.  Seems kinda silly to only have 2 and for them both to be located in the same place...agree?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.

Re: NBR: RN's I have a question

• Options

I am not an RN but I work in a hospital pharmacy.

On our large sprawling floors we have two crash carts placed at opposite ends of the floor, like in the ER. 

Only the smaller floors only have one crash cart.

I definately think that is very silly to have two crash carts and then keep them in the same spot on a large floor.

• Options
    1 CC for our 24 bed pediatric oncology unit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm a Tech/ CNA and I float all over my hospital. On all the med/surg units there is 1CC. On any Critical Care there are 2CC.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"