Breastfeeding
Options

if LO doesn't finish a bottle?

do we toss the rest?  or is it still good for an hour or two?

Re: if LO doesn't finish a bottle?

• Options

my understanding is that its good for several hours.  Try offering it to your LO at the next feeding.  I dont think you are allowed to warm it up again though

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It will keep for a few hours, but then you have to toss it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We put it back in the fridge and reuse in the next bottle.
  • Options
    I put back in fridge and offer one more time (and I do sometimes warm it up again) and we have never had any problems.  Sometimes I put a new nipple on the bottle (but sometimes I don't.)  If the contents of the bottle are not finished at this second feeding - it gets tossed after that. 
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Options
    We use it again.  We often change the nipple.  We will warm it up again too.  If it's not used at that point, the out it goes!
    I give up trying to add my kids' photos. Just know that they are adorable.
  • Options

imagepatrish1980:
    We use it again.  We often change the nipple.  We will warm it up again too.  If it's not used at that point, the out it goes!

Ditto

• Options
    We leave ours out on the counter with a cap on it. This leaves it at room temp since you shouldn't warm it twice. Try at the next feeding even if it's a couple hours. We've never had a problem and neither has DS.
  • Options
    imagelesliemostly:

imagepatrish1980:

Ditto

this is what i do too

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"