1st Trimester
Options

Anyone have a pain in the as$?

I forgot to ask my midwife this yesterday...  I have a pain in my tailbone.  I know this is common in pregnancy but I thought not until later.... anyone else experiancing this?

Re: Anyone have a pain in the as$?

• Options

I am just over 8 weeks & I have been having the same pain!!...very strange...I wonder what causes it?

• Options

Yes, my DH at times....

Oh wait, did you mean litterally? Then no.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is common throughout pregnancy not just later. What happens is, as your uterus grows it will push up against your tailbone causing a dull ache. Mine got really bad at one point. To relieve the pain I did lower back stretches and applied a heating pad. Also sleeping with a pillow between your legs can help. Hope this was helpful!

• Options
    if it's a shooting pain down the cheek it could also be sciatica....soooo not fun.....
  • Options
    Yes.  I have a pain in my tailbone that comes and goes also.  I had heard that you would experience that later on, but since everyone is different, I just attributed it to having weird early symptoms. 
  • Options
    YES! I have this, it sucks.  I just try not to put pressure on it and wear loose clothes.  Doc was not concerned at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I have that too...great...if its this painful already I cant imagine in a few months...I'm going to be a "peach" to live with and be around :P hehe
  • Options
    I have this too!  It is painful to stand up from sitting although once I'm up, I'm fine. I was attributing to a really bad office chair. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes!  This is what I read about it:

Many pregnant women also experience an occasional pain that begins in their buttocks and radiates down their back or legs. This is known as sciatic nerve pain and can be extremely painful at times. More than likely the pain is caused by the pressure on the nerve and it is best to lie on the opposite side to relieve the pressure.

(I got that from week 8 on the website i-am-pregnant.com)

Kristy

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"