2nd Trimester
Options

Moms using second hand Breat Pumps

Ok so my friend was so gracious enough to give me her $300 Madela Pump in Style Advanced Backpack Breast Feeding kit and all I need to buy is the replacement kit (tubes, attachments that touch your boob, 2 bottles, etc). I thought this would be easy but I can't find the "kit" anywhere. I see on the Madela website you can buy each part separately but I thought I would be able to register for that together and I can?t find it on BRU, Amazon, etc? Anybody in the same boat? What did you do?

Re: Moms using second hand Breat Pumps

• Options

The Medela In Style pump is a single-user pump only. It operates on an open system so there is a risk of cross-contamination. I don't know if they sell a kit for that like they do with the closed systems because they're not designed for more than one user.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I heard that same thing. Its not good to share so they don't sell it seperately since it is a contamination risk.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It is not recommended to share a pump that is not a closed system. However I am told you can call madela to get replacement tubes. As for the bottles and boob attachments they have them at BRU. Also when you go to the hospital you can ask them for a pumping kit. But it depends on which brand of pump your hospital has. Mine they use a medala pump but it is the medala symphony and it does not match the pump in style however it you cut the tubing it works.

On a side not if you plan on BF for any lenght of time the pump really just pays for itself since you are not spending the $ on formula. Plus if you plan on having more children you can use it with them.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

While it's not recommended to share the Pump In Style pumps since they are an open system, it looks like you can find them on-line. 

https://cgi.ebay.com/PIS-KIT-Medela-Pump-In-Style-ALL-NEW-PARTS-Spare-Extra_W0QQitemZ120369109120QQcmdZViewItem 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have 2 second hand pumps from my friend and my aunt. You might check with your hospital - they gave me all of that stuff for free because I  pumped in the hospital to get my milk going and draw one of my nipples out. Also, unless you are going back to work right away, don't worry about pumping yet!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"