Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Shoes

My 15 month old just started walking and I need to get her some good shoes. What are everyone's favorites? She has one pair of stride rite sneakers, but I'd like to get her another pair.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Shoes

• Love Keen Newport h2 for summer outdoor play.
  • ilanatilanat
    Ancient Membership 100 Comments Name Dropper
    I love the pediped brand.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Stick with soft soled shoes for a new walker. My favorites were always the ministar brand from target. Similar to Robeez and way cheaper.

E 9.08, V 8.11, #3 coming April 2014
  • Nicb13Nicb13
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers Second Anniversary
    I've found that the Robeez shoes didn't have enough protection on the soles for DS when he's outside. DS has Nike's and Van's which so far have been great for him. I talked this shoe issue over in great detail with our pedi and a couple other Pedi's I work with and they have all told me to buy whatever shoes I want for DS. As long as the soles have a little flexibility then it really doesn't matter what he wears. Target has some great toddler shoes as well that are very inexpensive.

image DS born 3/10/12

BabyFetus Ticker

• aandgaandg
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments
    Pediped Originals and See Kai Run Smaller are both great for new walkers. 
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have loved our stride rite shoes for while they are just learning how to walk as they have such good protection around their toes.  We got their mary jane sandals.  They have also been so very durable and still look great 2 months later. I just ordered a bunch of Livie & Luca shoes.  While they seemed to be made well, they all were so very big on my two girls so I had to return them.  I have heard great things about See Kai Run as well and just ordered 2 pairs from them but haven't seen them yet. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Nicb13:
    I've found that the Robeez shoes didn't have enough protection on the soles for DS when he's outside. DS has Nike's and Van's which so far have been great for him. I talked this shoe issue over in great detail with our pedi and a couple other Pedi's I work with and they have all told me to buy whatever shoes I want for DS. As long as the soles have a little flexibility then it really doesn't matter what he wears. Target has some great toddler shoes as well that are very inexpensive.

I don't get this protection thing. How are they not protective enough?  

• With our DD we had got her a pair of Nike's, they worked best. Now with our DS he wears the nike sunray sandals for now. We will probably get him some nike shoes like we had for DD (but in boys obviously) But DS does have fatter feet so I'm not sure if they will work!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Nicb13Nicb13
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers Second Anniversary
    image LalaMama81:

image Nicb13:

Of course you don't. Not sure how else to explain it but for us, those shoes didn't work well. I prefer sturdier shoes with harder soles to protect better from the wet ground (we are in the rainy PNW where it's constantly wet) and while he's outside playing. Those shoes are too flimsy for my liking. They are shoes...it's not really a big deal what kind he wears.

image DS born 3/10/12

BabyFetus Ticker

• image Nicb13:
    image LalaMama81:

image Nicb13:

Of course you don't. Not sure how else to explain it but for us, those shoes didn't work well. I prefer sturdier shoes with harder soles to protect better from the wet ground (we are in the rainy PNW where it's constantly wet) and while he's outside playing. Those shoes are too flimsy for my liking. They are shoes...it's not really a big deal what kind he wears.

It was a question. Through 2 kids and many pairs of robeez type shoes, it had never occured to me that they weren't protective enough. I can see how the wet weather would affect them.  

• image aandg:
    Pediped Originals and See Kai Run Smaller are both great for new walkers. 

These are what we used/are using.

• When DD first started walking, we liked her See Kai Run shoes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have pediped's for nicer outfits, stride rite sneakers and keen sandals for playing outside, love them all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• When my DD started walking we got Robeez Minishoes and Riley Roos.  Now she wears Riley Roos, Nikes and Toms.

DD#1 4-12-12  DD#2 due 8/3/14