• Options
    We did the last two times. I really have no preference
    Tara
  • Options
    ludaliludali member
    We only posted our final good news when DD arrived on July 10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I announced a day after their arrival. I made the mistake of telling our immediate families when my water broke and then they lost their sh it when we didnt then update them for another 3 to 4 hours. Sorry, fam, but I was put under general bc Baby A was in distress. Texting an update wasn't really on my mind as I try not to dry heave ice chips and am all doped up on morphine in recovery.

• Options
    Not my style. I don't think I even posted a picture or announcement of DDs arrival until the day after. I was kind of busy...
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No Facebook for us but I know family of our will unfortunately.
  • Options
    imagecoraggiosa:
    No way. I haven't even posted about pregnancy, so there is no way I would post about going into labor.

this. i dont want people to showing up to the hospital or worse, to my house.
  • Options

Only my Mother, stepfather, and FH's Mom will know when I go into labor. Everyone else will be informed after she arrives...

I don't care to have really anyone come up and visit us while I'm in the hospital, but I doubt FH's family will care about my wishes... UGH. :-/ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    There won't be any FB updates from me until a few days after baby arrives. 

We're not even telling anyone our induction date, or when the labour has started, but will text close friends and family once LO arrives and then do the FB thing once we are a bit more settled. 
    TTC Since March 2010 - 2 angel babies - BFP December 12 EDD 12 Aug 13 Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    No Facebook. I just posted a picture of my bump Friday and announced we were expecting aug 22. It was a really outrageous picture and it got a lot of likes and comments. within minutes my sister, who is used to being the centre of attention, posted she was going to be getting a nephew for her birthday.

I regret putting up the picture now, as it seems to have opened up the flood gates for my sister to appropriate my pregnancy.

I changed my settings so nobody can post to my wall and I can't be tagged in pictures. I hate seeing ppls walls when they are overdue. Stupid comments along if the LO has arrived or not. I do not want that.
  • Options
    We're not posting on Facebook until LO is here safe sound. We might even wait until we get home. Of course we'll call family close friends but anyone else can wait a day or two as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Itll be pretty private when i go into labor. Itll be my parents sisters and bfs parents who know im going to ld, and after lo is born well tell close friends
  • Options
    Definitely not. I haven't posted on Facebook about my pregnancy at all. There are many people I'm friends with that I'm not even close to. I just told people that I was pregnant in person. I think a great alternative to doing that is sending out birth announcements! Much more meaningful in my opinion.
  • Options
    I will most definitely NOT be updating any statuses when I'm in labor. I only want a VERY few select people to know that I'm in labor (mom, sis, DH) and that's it. This will help me concentrate on the task ahead, especially since I'm planning a med free birth. Don't even know if I'll be bringing my phone to the hospital! Haha

• Options

We will post a facebook update as soon as he's born, most likely. We, however, have no family in town and only a handful of friends would have any interest in visiting us at the hospital - but they know who they are and they are respectful enough to ask us before coming. Last time we did this and we only had 3 visitors our entire time in the hospital.

ETA: NO dilation updates, I can tell you that much! Just a "he's here, this is his name".

• Options
    I have no interest in telling anyone when we head to L&D.  For one, like you, if its a false alarm, being a FTM, I really don't want to look silly.  And yeah, I want it to be a private family time for us!  We are thinking about just telling parents on both sides and no one else till the baby actually arrives.  However, you bring up a good point.  My MIL loves to facebook, so I could see her ruining our moment.  I may get hubby to mention to her not to post anything until after we do.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We won't be posting anything... Friends of mine have, and they have been surprised with lots of visitors they might not have wanted there as a result acquaintances they would have preferred to see when they got home.

• Options
    imageMillie1984:

imageJill9288:
    DH and I have agreed that there will be radio silence until LO arrives, and asking family to respect that as well.

This for us as well. Privacy is really important to me, plus I think I definitely have one or two people who would push their way into the hospital before I was ready to see anyone.   

Reading this made me think it would be appropriate to ask my family parents live out of town but will come up when I am admitted, to not post anything until I give the ok.....I didn't even think about family posting updates about me.

• Options
    imagecoraggiosa:
    No way. I haven't even posted about pregnancy, so there is no way I would post about going into labor.
      This

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm hoping everyone who is on our "labor watch" list will respect my decision to not post on facebook until I can get a picture of me with the twins 
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"