August 2013 Moms
Options

Belly Bump Looks Weird

I've been having a lot of BH lately and each time I have a contraction it's almost like the Red Sea parts. My belly on each side of the belly button sort of grows and hardens yet the area where my actual belly button is sinks in. So my belly goes from being round to looking sunken in on the middle...

Does this happen to anyone else?
I'm not worried, it just looks crazy.

I did have surgery last year to remove a cyst and one of the incisions was in my belly button. Not sure if that has anything to do with it??
photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
My baby is ONE!!

Re: Belly Bump Looks Weird

• Options
    Me! FTM so that's how I figured it was BH instead of baby moving bc when he moves his butt I'm lopsided but BH make both sides even, with a dip in the middle. It looks so funny! Not sure how they're supposed to look so can't really help you there unfortunately...
  • Options
    I have noticed that the right side of my belly looks different when the BH come. Not quite a Red Sea parting but something strange... Hehe
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO will do this sometimes. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• Options
    Your abdominal muscles are off to the sides like  that so when your stomach contracts it seems reasonable there would be a little dip in the middle. I haven't noticed it myself but seems logical... ::shrugs shoulders:: 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Yes! Exactly what you described, happens to me!

• Options
    Sometimes mine looks like that depending on how baby is laying.
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    I think it sounds like you are noticing the separation of your abdominal muscles. Mine does something similar
    Tara
  • Options
    imagecrogers19:
    Your abdominal muscles are off to the sides like nbsp;that so when your stomach contracts it seems reasonable there would be a little dip in the middle. I haven't noticed it myself but seems logical... ::shrugs shoulders::nbsp;

That would make total sense!! I obviously paid no attention in high school anatomy. Lol.

I'm glad I'm not alone, haha.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    Mine does this too! Earlier on, I thought I wasn't having BH because of the separation.
  • Options

Yes this happens to me too!  

I also had abdominal surgery with an incision above my belly button. But by the sounds of it we aren't alone with the odd shaped belly. Smile

• Options
    imageVG101808:
    I've been having a lot of BH lately and each time I have a contraction it's almost like the Red Sea parts. My belly on each side of the belly button sort of grows and hardens yet the area where my actual belly button is sinks in. So my belly goes from being round to looking sunken in on the middle...

Does this happen to anyone else?
    I'm not worried, it just looks crazy.

I did have surgery last year to remove a cyst and one of the incisions was in my belly button. Not sure if that has anything to do with it??

FTM so I'm not sure what it is, this has been happening for weeks and weeks! I'm 37.5 weeks now. I told my doc and she said it could be contractions. Other than that I've had no contractions yet!! I too had a hernia repair at my belly button but it only shows the scar, no physical changes.
  • Options
    When I have BH my whole abdomen gets hard across it. I haven't noticed any odd shapes or anything like that. But I could see how that might happen if LO was positioned a certain way or there's a structural difference in your muscles from surgery, etc.
  • Options
    I noticed the EXACT same thing today.  Guess it's normal!
  • Options
    mine does that too! it's hard right underneath my boob area, smaller down below the bellybutton, but the bellybutton sinks in
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Yip, I get the weird shaped belly too.

I've had surgery where they went in just under my belly button as well so there is a strange shaping there, and then little girls back is quite defined on the left, and her little bottom is up high under my ribs on the right. When I have BHs the whole lot goes hard and I get a really long bump sticking out where her back is, a big dip in the middle and bottom right, and then her butt sticking right out at the top. She's a big baby (90th percentile) and I'm only 5'1" so it's even more obvious. 

TTC Since March 2010 - 2 angel babies - BFP December 12 EDD 12 Aug 13 Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    This happens to me when I have BH also. That or one side bulges, making my belly look lopsided. The first time it happened I was like "well thats weird" haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"