Working Moms
Options

Judgement Thursday

2»

Re: Judgement Thursday

• Options
    I know I shouldn't, but I have been judging one of the daycare moms. She told me she is a teacher who is off for the summer and has lots of free time, but yet her kid is always last or second to last to get picked up every day. I do not judge her using daycare, but my kid is last or second to last out of necessity. It makes me wonder what else she does until 630.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• Options
    when 4 of them are in school it's quite doable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageamberdanielle68845:
    My judgement this week stems from family drama.  I judge single mothers who are completely ok with receiving child support from both ex's for her 5 children, doesn't work or make an attempt at finding work and doesn't make any effort to support her children and then pulls the "it's for the kids" line in order to get even more money on the side which is then used for her fun and not the kids.  Get up, get a job, and support your children! Rant over...

I'm sure it's easy to find a job that covers daycare for 5 kids. 

When 4 of them are in school it's quite doable.

• Options
    imageNicb13:
    imagemilkergirl1:
    imageNicb13:
    imagemilkergirl1:
    imagemexicolombiana:

Also she constantly leaves her kids at my house with my nanny (her mother) to do things when she knows I pay her mom and it's hard on her mother to have 4 small kids in the house.  She shows her mom no kind of consideration.  I also admit it's partially my fault for having this relationship be so "friendly" and not business-like.

If her mom worked at any other job, she wouldn't be able to drop her kids off, so if it bothers you that much, I'd put a stop to it.  And if it's hard on your nanny to watch that many kids, it could have a negative impact on your kids.

My judgement is about other people's driving.  I'm tired of people running stop signs and red lights in my area.  And people who stay in the left lane going under the speed limit.  It's the law to move to the right unless you are passing.  I live near the Canadian border, and many of these violators are Canadians.  But they have the exact same laws in Canada! 

I live in WA near the Canadian border and I have also noticed that much of the bad driving is from Canadians. Not all, but a lot. I can't stand having to pass someone on the right because they don't realize they are in the fast lane or if they do, then they are too stupid to move over.

We must be neighbors:)  I feel like I'm wasting my Costco membership because it's too crazy there. 

We might be! I don't dare go to the outlet stores because those are insane too! Go back to Canada!!! Hahaha...half kidding

Confused lame.
  • Options
    imageLibraryChica:
    imageCrawltheWarriorKing:

20+ years ago, yes. 

I don't see my child going out to ride bike at 4pm and telling them to be back before dinner.  I just wouldn't be comfortable being inside the house and my child riding bike around the neighborhood without regular check ins.  I'd prefer to be outside either riding with them or having them bike the block and then come back in front of the house then repeat. 

I'm all for playing with your kid -- but why 20 years ago? The violent crime rate is lower than it has been since 1963. My child, once she is old enough to actually ride a bike, should be safer than I was when I was biking all over the place in the 80s and 90s.

I was all for letting my now-8-yr-old DS ride his bike around our neighborhood.  We live in a nice neighborhood, which you have to go out of your way to get to, so not really any through traffic, and we know a lot of our neighbors.  But then a few weeks ago apparently a man and woman in a minivan were driving down our street and tried to get some kids to come over and get in their van.  Then a couple of days ago, DS was outside alone in the driveway, and I came outside.  There was a white van parked on the street in front of our house.  DS calls out to me "mom, why is that van in front of our house" as I came through the garage and then suddenly the van drove away as soon as I walked out.

So add me to the camp of paranoid moms who will not be letting my child out unsupervised in the summer unless he is with a big group of friends.

• Options

I let my 8 and 5 year old go around my neighborhood together. Everyone is so alarmist and paranoid. They are thoroughly coached on talking with strangers, staying together, proper biking rules, and I know exactly where they are and I know many of the neighbors. CTFD Parenting. You have a better chance of them being hurt in an auto accident or drowning so I make sure they are properly straped in in the car and take swimming lessons.

I would be willing to put money on the majority of people saying they wont allow it never had an 8 and 5 year old.

• Options
    My DS sometimes plays for a few minutes of a time unsupervised in our yard while I cook dinner, put groceries away, etc. He is a rule follower and knows not to leave our yard. We live in a rural subdivision and our street only has 3 other houses on it. I think its ridiculous to expect an 8 year old to be constantly supervised outside.
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"