March 2014 Moms
Options

Any WI moms out there?!

If you're from WI you know that there are great fairs and festivals going on right now. I know I can quietly avoid the beer, but I'm wondering if there are any festival foods I cannot enjoy. Thoughts?!

Re: Any WI moms out there?!

• Options
    I am also from WI. I would personally avoid hotdogs/corndogs. I would probably eat cheese curds, fries, and stuff like that as long as it seems appropriately hot when I get it. The same would go for cold foods being cold. I'm always paranoid about my food though.

DS #1 - born 11.6.08
    DS #2 - born 2.10.12

BFP 7.9.13 / Due 3.8.14 / MMC Dx 8.5.13, D&C 8.9.13

DD - born 12.25.14

• Options
    eec129eec129 member
    Yes, I am in the Milwaukee area!
    DD: 1/8/12
    DS: 3/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Nothing I'd avoid.  I eat corndogs and hotdogs.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm in Racine! Born and raised here and I hate cheese, hot dogs, bats, and beer so I think I'm okay. I am, however, looking forward to some banging funnel cake this summer.
    February 19, 2010- BFP! March 14, 2010- M/C January 17, 2011- BFP! April 26th, 2011- It's a boy! Due September 20, 2011 May 2, 2011- Confirmed Gastroschisis August 7, 2011- Labor begins August 12, 2011- Max is born October 4, 2011- Max comes home!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I went to the Jefferson County Fair to see Little Big Town - Great concert btw - and ended up eating a burger and the cheese curds. They had this great rootbeer stand that offered cool souvenir cups so that was my "not drinking beer" excuse. Oh and a soft pretzel - yum!
  • Options
    ntdanentdane member
    This post just made me jealous and homesick. We just moved to MO, near Kansas City after living in Madison for 12 years. Huge adjustment! We went to the county fair this weekend and I was so excited because I did a lot in 4-H and FFA growing up.  We get there on Saturday and all of the animals were gone, the advertised petting zoo was 4 animals, and DS and I almost got run over by a horse while on his first pony ride. DH happened to get it on my phone; he was scared to death! And to top it off, no real fair food :(.  Maybe DS and I will need to make a trip up for state fair...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"