January 2014 Moms
Options

Nt scan what does this mean?

Hi ladies, I am looking over my nt scan paperwork from Monday and I was wondering if you could help me with what these mean:
GA EDD 11w5d. I'm guessing gestational age estimated delivery due date?
GA AUA 11w4d. I have no idea.
EDD 9.01.14 I'm guessing is estimated due date or delivery date.
EDD AUA 8.01.14 I have no idea?
BPD ASUM 20.3mm Age 12w4d?
CRL ASUM 50.8mm age 11w4d?
GP 80 percent?

Thanks guys!

Re: Nt scan what does this mean?

• Options
    Not a clue. Call your office, they'll know.

• Options

CRL is crown rump length, which is how they measure the size of the baby, and BPD has something to do with the measurement of the head. But that's all I got.

ETA: I think AUA is Adjusted Ultrasound Age or something along those lines.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    They don't really give out info. In New Zealand we go to a government owned ultra sound place, they take the pictures, then ill take them to my midwife, who I see in a week. I can def wait till then. We are not under the care of an office or dr at all. The midwifes work independently, they don't have receptionist or anything, so I would hate to bother her.
    The person doing my scan did say everything looked good!
    I was just curious about all the different dates and measurements.
  • Options
    imagepeanutmuse:
    CRL is crown rump length, which is how they measure the size of the baby, and BPD has something to do with the measurement of the head. But that's all I got.

Ok thanks! That is helpful. So my baby has a big head that is measuring right on track, but is a short haha measuring a week behind! My FI will not be happy!
    Just kidding, I am from a short family though, and he is from a very tall one. If its a boy I kinda hope he gets the tall genes!
  • Options
    So we can't say short a.s.s that's not even bad!
  • Options
    I don't know what the abbreviations stand for but im guessing your LO is measuring one day behind and therefore your due date is changed by one day from the 8th to the 9th (or the other way around and measuring one day ahead)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Options
    Ok adjusted ultrasound age makes since too. I did ask her if my due date was any different, and she said it is best to go off the first scan, which I had at 7 weeks, which had a due date of the 8th. LMP would make it the 9th, but this scan also says 8th. I know it really isn't that accurate, and a day makes bugger all difference. It will be interesting to see if it changes at the 20week scan.
  • Options
    imagetesskerr:
    They don't really give out info. In New Zealand we go to a government owned ultra sound place, they take the pictures, then ill take them to my midwife, who I see in a week. I can def wait till then. We are not under the care of an office or dr at all. The midwifes work independently, they don't have receptionist or anything, so I would hate to bother her. The person doing my scan did say everything looked good! I was just curious about all the different dates and measurements.
    You're a kiwi too? Squee! I hadn't seen any others on here, where abouts are you? I'm in Blenheim. Had our 12w scan yesterday too and can't make any sense of the numbers/info either but the tech did give us the thumbs up that from what he could tell everything was okay.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

GA EDD 11w5d. I'm guessing gestational age estimated delivery due date?

Gestational Age, Expected Delivery Date

GA AUA 11w4d. I have no idea.

Gestational Age, (based on) Actual Ultrasound Age 

EDD 9.01.14 I'm guessing is estimated due date or delivery date.

Estimated Delivery Date 

EDD AUA 8.01.14 I have no idea?

Estimated Delivery Date, (based on) Actual Ultrasound Age

BPD ASUM 20.3mm Age 12w4d?

Biparietal diameter (head from side to side) and age based on that measure 

CRL ASUM 50.8mm age 11w4d? 

Crown Rump Length, and age based on that measure 

GP 80 percent?  

Can't help with this one, sorry 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    imageindiana101:
    imagetesskerr:
    They don't really give out info. In New Zealand we go to a government owned ultra sound place, they take the pictures, then ill take them to my midwife, who I see in a week. I can def wait till then. We are not under the care of an office or dr at all. The midwifes work independently, they don't have receptionist or anything, so I would hate to bother her.
    The person doing my scan did say everything looked good!
    I was just curious about all the different dates and measurements.
    You're a kiwi too? Squee! I hadn't seen any others on here, where abouts are you? I'm in Blenheim. Had our 12w scan yesterday too and can't make any sense of the numbers/info either but the tech did give us the thumbs up that from what he could tell everything was okay.

Oh hi! I am in crappy old christchurch! I just got a call from my midwife, she was super super busy and could only talk to me for like a minute. She said everything was all good. I kinda feel like we are treated a bit dumb, like she would never bother to explain what all the numbers mean, just it's ok and leave it at that.
  • Options
    imageblue_elle:
    GA EDD 11w5d. I'm guessing gestational age estimated delivery due date? Gestational Age, Expected Delivery DateGA AUA 11w4d. I have no idea. Gestational Age, based on Actual Ultrasound Agenbsp;EDD 9.01.14 I'm guessing is estimated due date or delivery date. Estimated Delivery Datenbsp;EDD AUA 8.01.14 I have no idea?nbsp; Estimated Delivery Date, based onnbsp;Actual Ultrasound AgeBPD ASUM 20.3mm Age 12w4d? Biparietal diameter head from side to side and age based on that measurenbsp;CRL ASUM 50.8mm age 11w4d?nbsp; Crown Rump Length, and age based on that measurenbsp;GP 80 percent?nbsp;nbsp; Can't help with this one, sorrynbsp;

Thanks so much that was really helpful!
  • Options
    imageblue_elle:
    GA EDD 11w5d. I'm guessing gestational age estimated delivery due date? Gestational Age, Expected Delivery DateGA AUA 11w4d. I have no idea. Gestational Age, based on Actual Ultrasound Agenbsp;EDD 9.01.14 I'm guessing is estimated due date or delivery date. Estimated Delivery Datenbsp;EDD AUA 8.01.14 I have no idea?nbsp; Estimated Delivery Date, based onnbsp;Actual Ultrasound AgeBPD ASUM 20.3mm Age 12w4d? Biparietal diameter head from side to side and age based on that measurenbsp;CRL ASUM 50.8mm age 11w4d?nbsp; Crown Rump Length, and age based on that measurenbsp;GP 80 percent?nbsp;nbsp; Can't help with this one, sorrynbsp;

Thanks so much that was really helpful!
  • Options
    imagetesskerr:
    imageindiana101:
    imagetesskerr:
    They don't really give out info. In New Zealand we go to a government owned ultra sound place, they take the pictures, then ill take them to my midwife, who I see in a week. I can def wait till then. We are not under the care of an office or dr at all. The midwifes work independently, they don't have receptionist or anything, so I would hate to bother her. The person doing my scan did say everything looked good! I was just curious about all the different dates and measurements.
    Oh hi! I am in crappy old christchurch! I just got a call from my midwife, she was super super busy and could only talk to me for like a minute. She said everything was all good. I kinda feel like we are treated a bit dumb, like she would never bother to explain what all the numbers mean, just it's ok and leave it at that.
    Maybe at your next appointment bring it up? Or could you text her? I find texting my mw is easiest sometimes. I know appointments are few and far between atm though. Very excited to have another kiwi on this board!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"