August 2012 Moms

Working moms who pump

So I was talking with some of my Dec 06 mom friends and asked them about nursing mornings, nights, and weekends after I stop pumping and they said our bodies adjust.  A few of them told me they went to 18 months, even 2 years like that until the baby self-weaned.  So that gives me hope.  The only thing is that come Monday I may be engorged again, lol!  Oh well.  Small price to pay.  So there ya go, some hope! 

Mom of 2 monkeys
     Christian12/06 and Liam 08/12

*~*~2 angel babies - 1/10 & 12/10~*~*

MY BLOG!

photo siggy_zps3467080c.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Working moms who pump

• When are you planning to stop pumping at work?

If I feel like my body will provide enough for weekends I would to stop pumping at work before her first birthday.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Maizey06:
    When are you planning to stop pumping at work? If I feel like my body will provide enough for weekends I would to stop pumping at work before her first birthday.

I'm going to start cutting out pumps the week after he turns one, I guess.  I'll probably cut out a pump first week, then another second week.  But you can probably start cutting out pump sessions a couple weeks before she turns one.

Mom of 2 monkeys

MY BLOG!

• That sounds great! I would love for that to happen, but right now my right nipple feels like it is falling off. I was hoping come end of August when school starts that I can transition to only nights and mornings. I refuse to pump next school year!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • I stopped pumping at work a few months ago. My body adjusted within a few days. On my days off (Monday-Thursday), I don't pump during the time I would have when I was pumping at work either. My supply did dip a little, but I make just about what he drinks now.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• BBJ That's good to know! 

Mom of 2 monkeys

MY BLOG!

• Toni79Toni79
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper

image latnprincess:

image Maizey06:
    When are you planning to stop pumping at work? If I feel like my body will provide enough for weekends I would to stop pumping at work before her first birthday.

I'm going to start cutting out pumps the week after he turns one, I guess.  I'll probably cut out a pump first week, then another second week.  But you can probably start cutting out pump sessions a couple weeks before she turns one.

Thanks for sharing this info from your friends! 

I think your plan sounds good.  I think I'm going to do something similar.  I'm going to wait until DD is one.  Then I'll cut out a pump a day each week (or every 2 weeks) and hopefully by 13 months I'll no longer be pumping at work!  YEAH!

Me 32. DH 38.
    TTC # 1 Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".

After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle arrived on August 6, 2012.