August 2012 Moms

Working moms who pump

So I was talking with some of my Dec 06 mom friends and asked them about nursing mornings, nights, and weekends after I stop pumping and they said our bodies adjust.  A few of them told me they went to 18 months, even 2 years like that until the baby self-weaned.  So that gives me hope.  The only thing is that come Monday I may be engorged again, lol!  Oh well.  Small price to pay.  So there ya go, some hope! 

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
       Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Working moms who pump

• When are you planning to stop pumping at work?

If I feel like my body will provide enough for weekends I would to stop pumping at work before her first birthday.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMaizey06:
    When are you planning to stop pumping at work? If I feel like my body will provide enough for weekends I would to stop pumping at work before her first birthday.

I'm going to start cutting out pumps the week after he turns one, I guess.  I'll probably cut out a pump first week, then another second week.  But you can probably start cutting out pump sessions a couple weeks before she turns one.

• Loading the player...
  • That sounds great! I would love for that to happen, but right now my right nipple feels like it is falling off. I was hoping come end of August when school starts that I can transition to only nights and mornings. I refuse to pump next school year!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I stopped pumping at work a few months ago. My body adjusted within a few days. On my days off (Monday-Thursday), I don't pump during the time I would have when I was pumping at work either. My supply did dip a little, but I make just about what he drinks now.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• BBJ That's good to know! 

• Toni79Toni79 member

imagelatnprincess:

imageMaizey06:
    When are you planning to stop pumping at work? If I feel like my body will provide enough for weekends I would to stop pumping at work before her first birthday.

I'm going to start cutting out pumps the week after he turns one, I guess.  I'll probably cut out a pump first week, then another second week.  But you can probably start cutting out pump sessions a couple weeks before she turns one.

Thanks for sharing this info from your friends! 

I think your plan sounds good.  I think I'm going to do something similar.  I'm going to wait until DD is one.  Then I'll cut out a pump a day each week (or every 2 weeks) and hopefully by 13 months I'll no longer be pumping at work!  YEAH!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"