Parenting after a Loss
Options

A phase?

DS has semi- lost interest in eating solids.  He'll eat well for the first few minutes, and then he just starts pitching a fit.  It's been going on for over a month now.  At first, I thought teething.. but, it seemed odd that he still acted like this at least once a day even when at no other point did he shows signs of teething discomfort.. then I thought reflux, because we had lowered his dosage.. I've modified it back to where it was.. and though I see some improvement in other places, the eating is still hit or miss.  My sister said she thinks it's a phase?  Anyone else notice this type of phase?
Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!

Re: A phase?

• Options
    Under a year it's more of an activity than it is a meal, so I wouldn't stress about it.  If he eats a little and is done, then I wouldn't force it...  But check with your dr. if you do feel like it's more than that, like reflux or something.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've heard of babies going through phases like this.  Just an idea, but have you had him weighed and his reflux meds adjusted recently?  DD used to get mad when eating (though it was also when she BF) and we upped her dose and she was good again.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageluvmyducks:
    I've heard of babies going through phases like this.  Just an idea, but have you had him weighed and his reflux meds adjusted recently?  DD used to get mad when eating (though it was also when she BF) and we upped her dose and she was good again.  

i need to talk to the ped... He was doing so well and we hadn't upped his dose since 6mos.. So ped said he was already weaning... But then crap hit the fan outta nowhere.. I will have to call them and see if maybe he does need it increased.. I just hate giving him more if that's not the problem, ya know.. Was really hoping he'd be off the reflux by now... 

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Options

The most important rule I respect when feeding my baby is: first breastmilk and then solids. I first breastfeed and after one hour or so I offer solids, she's not taking a lot but still, breastmilk is the primary source when it comes for feeding. You should just make sure she gets enough breastmilk and find the right solids to offer. I use very different fruits and vegetables which I get from here: https://goodmomming.com/   . I think it's a great resource for weaning. 

You should also try some different veggies and fruits and see what your baby likes.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"