Baby Names
Options

At hospital and still no name for baby girl...

2»

Re: At hospital and still no name for baby girl...

• Options
    Ruby!
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Options
    imageaustenfan919:

imageprovwife:
    There isnt 1 name that you both agree on? Why do you each have your own lists? I like Emma best.

I'm sure she wouldn't be asking for help if there was 1 name they agreed on already. I feel like I'm pointing out the obvious here, but sometimes it is hard to find names you both like.

Word.

I think Ruby has the most spunk. I also like Nora but not Eleanor. I like Jessica a lot, but not with sibling Josie.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRedCardinal:
    imageJoy2611:
    Ruby!!!nbsp; Cute, traditional, spunky.
    Exactly my thoughts! Love Ruby. Dislike Jessica, and Emma is way too popular.

this 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    BWC4747BWC4747 member
    Ruby Mae gets my vote. It's spunky and cute! The more I say it the more I LOVE it!
  • Options
    If you want spunky, I would nix Jessica and Emma. Both are dull and overused. Another vote for Ruby Mae here!
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ruby and Eleanor have been coming up on TB constantly. The minute I saw you mention those names, I knew they'd get the overwhelming response. There is nothing spunky about Eleanor. I never understand why people say names like Jessica are "dated to the 80s." To me, names like Eleanor and Ruby are dated...to the elderly. From your list, I like Jessica best, with Emma coming in after that. I just don't see the appeal of the geriatric names which seem so popular here. ETA: DD was nameless until an hour before we were discharged from the hospital. Ultimately, we gave her a name we'd never discussed beforehand, rather than one we tossed around but couldn't agree to.
    image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options

Eleanor and Ruby are lovely. Emma is traditional, but super popular. Jessica with Josephine is a bit too matchy (for my taste). Ruby Mae is very spunky, Eleanor Mae is a bit quieter. I also like Emilia Mae, you could do nn Emma, although I love Emmy or Lia. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you everybody for your responses!!  We went with Nora.  DH really disliked Eleanor and I liked Nora as NN so this seemed to be the best compromise.  Couldn't get him to agree to Ruby but we are both happy with the name chosen.  I will have to get her a ruby necklace when she is older  : )
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageannieravensfan528:

Eleanor Mae nn Nora.

Nora and Josie sound adorable together! Congrats btw :)

I also think Ruby Mae would be adorable too. Very spunky. 

This!

image   image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"