February 2013 Moms

Father's day idea's.

This will be my husband's first father's day and I am not sure what to get him from my daughter & I. What are you doing for your husband or boyfriend for Father's day?
Mr & Mrs Larry Conklin Jr. Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Father's day idea's.

• Do you have a "things remembered" store near you? They have some nice stuff that you can get engraved. I'm getting him an engraved money clip, a "dad" frame with pictures of the boys and I am cooking him a really nice meal.
  • I don't think so but I was thinking about finding something online that does engraving and i'm thinking to have a father's day picnic for him, my dad & father in law.
    Mr & Mrs Larry Conklin Jr. Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have a couple things I've thought about...a photo book with "things DS loves to do with Daddy" theme and a framed pic of DS for his desk at work.
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Your ideas are great!

Here are some of mine:

Card made on Snapfish/Shutterfly (they actually can cost less than cards in the store and you can put a bunch of pics of the baby/him)

8x8 photo book (I started this and it looks really good so far. Each page says something from the baby's perspective. I cry every time I work on int!)

I ordered a onesie that says HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY and a duck call (hubby's favorite show right now- Duck Dynasty!) 

• I'm taking him to see the dropkick murphys the weekend before. On actual father's day "Kieran" will give him a card and make him breakfast in bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Fabric paint, blank tee shirt, DD's hands and feet, patience, creativity.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Does Dad, Gpa or FIL like baseball? We give Ball One baseballs for newborn gifts, but they can also be given as Fathers Day gifts. Plus you can have the plaque engraved to say "happy 1st fathers day" instead of the standard name/dob that they show on the site

www.ball-one.com 

• I found one on Pinterest that I am going to do.  I'm going to buy a canvas and have each of the kids paint a hand print on there upside down.  Then I'll put Best Dad Hands Down! on there somewhere.  I'm hoping he'll hang it in his office.   I'll also probably frame a picture of the four kids for his office because he's been begging me for a new one since the baby was born.

All DH ever asks for on Father's Day is a day to do whatever he wants, so that will be his gift from me.

DS1 - 8/07  DS2 - 1/09  DD1 - 3/11  DD2 - 2/13