Parenting after a Loss

~*~ Infant Check-in ~*~

I am really letting you gals down with getting this up weekly. If anyone wants to take it over, please let me know. Mamas of one-and-unders are always welcome!

Any challenges this week? Milestones? Funny stories?

GTKY: What's on your bedside table?

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ~*~ Infant Check-in ~*~

• She's being remarkably patient about it, but DD got both of her bottom teeth pretty much right on top of each other last week. She looks so different and is growing up too fast. Do wish I could get her to stop experimenting with them when she's done nursing, though!

We had family pictures taken on Saturday, and my normally super smiley girl was SO SERIOUS. Here's the sneak peek the photographer posted. I can't wait to see the rest (and hope she cracked at least a little grin).

GTKY: Too many books (World War Z, Swamplandia, Women Don't Ask, Boneshaker, Baby Signs). Bobby pins. Cell phone. Kindle. A journal. A cardigan. And of course, an emergency pacifier.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • She turned 3 months last thursday... Friday was her 3 month check up and shes 12lbs 2 oz... She basically doubled her birth weight of 6lbs 2oz... THe Dr couldnt be happier with how shes growing and he said if all is good at her 4 month check up then we can start food... im very excited about that... 

She also rode the subway for the first time on Saturday, we went to the city for a festival and to see my FIL & BIL (FIL was in the hospital last week he had a blood aneurysm in his back and was bleeding internally) So we brought Hailey to see him and we had to get my BIL a suit for her christening.

My bedside table consists of my phone charger and a bunch of dirty bibs and pacifiers and probably a few bottle tops lol

~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• image Shaungela:

She turned 3 months last thursday... Friday was her 3 month check up and shes 12lbs 2 oz... She basically doubled her birth weight of 6lbs 2oz... THe Dr couldnt be happier with how shes growing and he said if all is good at her 4 month check up then we can start food... im very excited about that... 

She also rode the subway for the first time on Saturday, we went to the city for a festival and to see my FIL & BIL (FIL was in the hospital last week he had a blood aneurysm in his back and was bleeding internally) So we brought Hailey to see him and we had to get my BIL a suit for her christening.

My bedside table consists of my phone charger and a bunch of dirty bibs and pacifiers and probably a few bottle tops lol

Woo hoo, keep growing, girl!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Jackson has been fighting me on sleep this week which means melt downs and over tired. I can't say it's been fun. He hasn't really wanted to eat and is just snacking. He's going longer at night with less food but still waking up every 3 hours. He's found his feet which are his new toys and I love it. I think it's the cutest thing ever. He can also sit up with a boppy behind him. He is really boycotting sitting and just wanting to stand.

GTKY: my bedside table always has my pump, a clean set of pump parts for my night time pumping, a basket of baby necessities paci's, extra Jammie's, diapers, wipes, and bottle if we are close to feeding. There is also always at least 1 32 oz bottle of water

BFP: 01/08/11 EDD: 09/15/11 Natural MC: 02/03/11
    BFP: 02/14/12 EDD: 10/26/12 D&C: 03/09/12
    BFP: 04.05.12 EDD: 12.17.12 Born 11.18.12 Jackson Kane 6lbs 5ounces

BFP: 06.08.13 EDD: 02.13.14 Baby Girl.. 2U2 Here we come

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfdf7a.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Not too much to report here. I weighed Jake yesterday and he was 19.2lbs. Everyone says 'he's so big!' but he has always in the 50th percentile.

Saturday we went to our first party. A neighbor is moving out of state at the end of the month so we threw them a going away picnic. He didn't fuss once and was awake 2 hours past his normal bedtime. I'm not sure how we got such an easy going baby.

GTKY: Not much...lamp, picture, candle, clock and baby monitor. Probably some dust too. I'm not a fan of dusting. Embarrassed

=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Hi! 

Challenges this week: Sleep. Harper will sleep in her crib, but wakes up every 2 hours! If I let her sleep in bed with us she will sleep 4-5 hours stretches. I just wish she would sleep better in her crib.

Milestones: She is sitting up now! It only lasts for a few minutes before she falls over but she is getting really good at it. It's so cute to see her sit up and reach for things. 

Funny Stories: She LOVES dogs. When I am holding her and our dog is near she will just sit there and stare at her and then let out a big squeal! It is SO cute. I love that she loves animals. 

GTKY: On my bedside table is a glass of water, my phone, my glasses, and a pacifier.  

Angel Baby: missed m/c 3/9/2009 at 8 weeks, D&C 3/13/2009 
  • Thanks for running the check in! I'm trying not to be such a bump slacker lately, but easier said than done. Although now that I'm back at work it's a lot easier to post than it was on maternity leave!

The big milestone is that DS rolled over from back to belly yesterday! We even got one roll on video! He has a follow up doctors appt tomorrow for an ear infection and it will double as his 4 month check up and shots if all is well. I can't believe he'll be four months on June 1st. Crazytown.

GTKY: kindle, tissues, water bottle, alarm clock, phone, hair tie, glasses. Also dust like PP said .:mobile smiley face:.
    imageimageimage
    BFP#1: 12.27.11, EDD 9.6.12, M/C 1/6/12 at 5w
    BFP#2: 5.26.12, EDD 2.7.13, DS Born 2.1.13
  • Challenges? Not really, she likes to cluster feed in the evenings, which is tiring, but as a result she sleeps for 5-6 hours straight, afterwards and then for another 3-4, so that's alright with me. Another challenge (mainly for DH) is that I am pretty much her favorite person now, he can no longer calm her down if she's fussing, so hands her to me rather quickly.

Milestones? If 5-6 hours is called STTN, she's doing it pretty consistently. 

GTKY: book, alarm clock, Lilypadz, pacifier. 

Combined SiggyChallenge OaD/PAL: 4th of July CakeWreck

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 12/24/11 missed m/c 2/10/12, measuring 8w4d. BFP #2 7/7/12, Little miss F born March 17, 2013, via c-section.
  • Hey ladies!

We had a pretty exciting and challenging weekend.  She made a lot of big changes developmentally.  Her little hands are now open and reaching for everything!  She also started tracking items with her eyes and will even follow our voices! I don't know how to describe it but she just seems so much more "grown up" after this weekend.  The best part is that she started sleeping 8 hours at night!  She had been giving me 6 hours consistently but the last 2 nights she gave me 8!  I know it wont last but I'm loving it right now! 

The challenges didn't come from her but from all the visitors that were coming by.  Mostly my MIL.  (this may turn into a rant)  We went out of town last weekend so our family was acting like they hadn't seen her in years so everyone wanted to come over.  Saturday night my In laws came over to see her but they didn't show up until almost 6.  She goes to bed between 6 and 7 normally so I knew it was going to be bad.  She fell asleep on my MIL and I was ok with her sleeping on her.  Then she "woke up".  I'm about 90% sure that she woke her up so that she could play with her.  She was talking so loud and trying to get her to play on her activity mat.  She got really fussy and I knew she was exhausted so I grabbed her and had everyone say good night.  Everyone understood except her.  She threw a fit about how she came over to hold her and not to have her go to bed.  I just walked away and closed the nursery door.  They left shortly after that because she was mad.  It took me forever to get her to sleep because she was so overstimulated and overtired.  I was trying to be understanding and let DD stay up because SHE was late and you are going to get mad because my 2 1/2 month old had to go to bed!?!?!  Ugh.  Other than that, we had a lot of visitors who were respectful and she did great! 

GTKY:  I have a lamp, ihome, phone charger, water, baby monitor and my glasses.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

**BFP #1 12/09 Diagnosed with Anencephaly D&C 3/17/09**
    **BFP #2 5/28/12 Blighted Ovum m/c 6/15/12**
    **BFP #3 7/12/12 EDD 3/21/13 - Madelyn born 3/5/13**
    BFP #4 4/2/14 - EDD 12/15/14 **Holy cow, we're having a boy!**

**PAL July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks**

• image RusalkaSings:

She's being remarkably patient about it, but DD got both of her bottom teeth pretty much right on top of each other last week. She looks so different and is growing up too fast. Do wish I could get her to stop experimenting with them when she's done nursing, though!

We had family pictures taken on Saturday, and my normally super smiley girl was SO SERIOUS. Here's the sneak peek the photographer posted. I can't wait to see the rest (and hope she cracked at least a little grin).

GTKY: Too many books (World War Z, Swamplandia, Women Don't Ask, Boneshaker, Baby Signs). Bobby pins. Cell phone. Kindle. A journal. A cardigan. And of course, an emergency pacifier.

She is beautiful!  

• image Shaungela:

She turned 3 months last thursday... Friday was her 3 month check up and shes 12lbs 2 oz... She basically doubled her birth weight of 6lbs 2oz... THe Dr couldnt be happier with how shes growing and he said if all is good at her 4 month check up then we can start food... im very excited about that... 

That is some pretty good growth!  I hope your FIL is doing well!

• image DutchKatie:

Challenges? Not really, she likes to cluster feed in the evenings, which is tiring, but as a result she sleeps for 5-6 hours straight, afterwards and then for another 3-4, so that's alright with me. Another challenge (mainly for DH) is that I am pretty much her favorite person now, he can no longer calm her down if she's fussing, so hands her to me rather quickly.

Milestones? If 5-6 hours is called STTN, she's doing it pretty consistently. 

GTKY: book, alarm clock, Lilypadz, pacifier. 

That is great that she is sleeping so well!  It is such a relief, isn't it.  DD did much better for my DH this weekend so maybe there is hope for us?!  I feel so bad for them!

• bmv1980bmv1980
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Second Anniversary
    Rusalka....E is sooooo cute! I don't think I've seem her so serious before!

This age is so much fun...we're at about 8 months. I wish G would slow down sometimes. She's recently started waving bye bye, and has been clapping for about a month. We say "yay Georgie" or "pat a cake", and she will clap :] Sooooo sweet! We have been practicing asl a lot to. When I ask her if she's all done eating, she waves her hands around...but this morning she put her hands together when I said more! It was more like a clapping motion, but she alternated waving hands for "all done" and clapping for "more". I couldn't be more proud!

Gtky: my Camelbak, bobby pins, lotion, lip gloss, phone charger, nail clippers, and baby books. Probably plenty of dust too :/

siggy photo siggy_zps1b86ebd6.jpg

BFP #1 9/19/1998 DS was born :)

BFP #2 7/4/11, Missed M/C (Blighted Ovum) 9/12/11, D&C 10/14/11

BFP #3 12/16/12 DD Born 9/8/12

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• DD had her 2 month doctor appointment this morning and I am happy to report she is now officially on the chart for weight and head size!  She is 18% for weight at an ounce shy of 10 pounds.  It is hard to believe that just 2 months ago she was only 4lbs9oz.  Needless to say, the pedi suggested we take our little chunker off the Neosure, which is wonderful because it was getting pricey.  She is only 3% on height now but I would guess that will catch up a little.  Her acne continues to thrive but of course the pedi tells us to ignore it and it will clear up on it's own.  I wish I had saved some BM from when I was pumping because I have heard it can help a little.  Our challenge right now is the amount of time it is taking DD to finish a bottle.  It takes her about 45 minutes to eat 4oz, sometimes longer.  I am going to try a medium flow nipple but I'm afraid that it will be too fast for her.  It is getting hard to leave the house or get things done when I spend so much time feeding!

GTKY: Always a bottle of water, pacifier, bobby pins, chap stick, glasses, and an inhaler (I have minor asthma).  There used to always be a book but I haven't read anything since DD came on the scene.  I miss it. 

• Challenges: sleeping is still hit or miss for us. Also, DD is a pro at rolling back to belly, but has somehow forgotten how to go belly to back. So now she gets "stuck" on her belly and gets mad. Which is normally fine, except when she is trying to go to sleep and gets on her belly!

Milestones: DD turned 5 months last week. I love watching how she seems to just "get" things now. She is getting much more coordinated with reaching for things and then getting them to her mouth. She is also making some new sounds. Love it!

GTKY: on my bedside table is my alarm clock, kleenex, chapstick, whatever book I am currently reading, and my phone.

TTC #1 in Jan 2011, Annovulation suspected due to high glucose levels, started Metformin Sept 2011

BFP #1 01/27/2012, MC @ 5 wks

BFP #2 04/08/2012, EDD 12/19/2012, DD born 12/15/2012  

TTC#2 after AF returned in Jan 2014

BFP #3 04/15/2014  EDD 12/26/2014

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• After a rough few days with DD a week ago, she's now back to her old easy sleep patterns. She will be 5 months old on Wednesday.  She's getting to be very active. Her arms and legs shoot out like crazy!  She is like a little baby bird with her little mouth opening up every time one of us gets near her.  We brought the high chair out so she could join us at mealtime even though it's to observe us.  She needs frequent changes in her environment to stay happy.

GKTY:  lamp, alarm clock (with a washcloth over the digits because they're so gosh darn bright), phone, hand lotion, remote, two small framed pictures (I think!), and lots of dust!

DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi! I don't go here anymore, but I'm going to post on it one last time if that's okay.

Milestones: My baby isn't a baby anymore!!  Her first birthday was on Friday.  AND she took her first steps on Thursday night - just two, and she hasn't taken more than 1 since then, but she's so close to walking!

Oh and we made it a year BFing! She hasn't had formula since she was one week old.

Challenges: My baby isn't a baby anymore Sad...I'm having a bit of hard time with the idea of her growing up and not needing me and weaning (which I need to do b/c I need a thyroid followup test with radioactive iodine)... she also dropped a nursing session or two on her own this past week and a half, and that's bittersweet (good b/c it means I won't have to force her to wean, but sad at the same time).  

Funny story: At LO's daycare party on Friday, she had zero interest in opening her present, and one of the other kids (14mo) did it for her.

GTKY: My iphone and my pill box (synthroid, effexor, birth control). 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    ♥ BFP #3 2/7/14 - My BFP chart - EDD 10/20/14♥
    ♥ BFP #2 9/18/11 Nicole Evelyn born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ♥

♥ BFP #1 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ♥
     • Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule...it's cancer •  Hysteroscopy to remove polyp 3/17/11 •
    Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11
    RAI 5/9/11• Laparoscopic fibroid removal 11/2012
    ♦ Cancer free since May 2011 ♦

•  I believe DS has a milk protein intolerance, so I have taken all dairy out of my diet to see if that helps. It isn't really a challenge with DS, just for me. So far it has gone well and DS seems to be doing better.  He is doing really well with tummy time and holding his head up taller and longer. No specific stories, just enjoying how happy and smily he is right now! He is starting to vocalize more, too. So much fun! 

GTKY: lamp, vitamins, bc, I home, phone charger, iPad, lotion, Chapstick and a paci.  

TTC #2 since 5/2011
    BFP#1: 8/6/2011, mc 8/16/2011

BFP#2: 1/31/2012, mmc 3/6/2012 (jellybean stopped growing at 6 weeks)D&C 3/8/12

BFP #3: 6/29/12 Beta #1 @ 14 dpo= 140 Beta #2 @ 17 dpo= 540 Beta #3 @24 dpo=6,000+ u/s on 7/23 showed baby measuring perfectly and a strong heartbeat of 132! **Hold on tight, my little lucky charm!!**

image image

BabyFruit Ticker

• image RusalkaSings:
    She's being remarkably patient about it, but DD got both of her bottom teeth pretty much right on top of each other last week. She looks so different and is growing up too fast. Do wish I could get her to stop experimenting with them when she's done nursing, though!We had family pictures taken on Saturday, and my normally super smiley girl was SO SERIOUS. Here's the sneak peek the photographer posted. I can't wait to see the rest and hope she cracked at least a little grin.nbsp;GTKY: Too many books World War Z, Swamplandia, Women Don't Ask, Boneshaker, Baby Signs. Bobby pins. Cell phone. Kindle. A journal. A cardigan. And of course, an emergency pacifier.

Rusalka: She is getting so big! Her hair is getting long and she she's looks so much older! Ahhhh....slow down E!!
    July Siggy Challenge - Favorite Frozen Drink - Beergarita! Ole!
    BFP #1 11/2009 natural m/c 1/2010 10 wks
    BFP #2 1/27/2012 He's here!! 

• We went on vacation last week and A went swimming for the first time. He loved it! He splashed and kicked like a pro.
    He is starting to lift he belly off the ground and he wants to move SO BAD. It makes me sad to see him start to move into the mobile stage, but I love seeing him learn new things.

Gtky: clock, nook, video monitor, cell, chapstick and water
    July Siggy Challenge - Favorite Frozen Drink - Beergarita! Ole!
    BFP #1 11/2009 natural m/c 1/2010 10 wks
    BFP #2 1/27/2012 He's here!! 

• Any challenges this week? A is boycotting tummy time. She can totally hold her head up but has decided she just doesn't feel like it.

Milestones? Girls had their 4m check up and are doing GREAT! The biggest change this week is that they've both found their voices and are using them all the time!

Funny stories? DH has taken to calling A "chicken biscuit"... not sure why but it makes her giggle every time!

GTKY: What's on your bedside table? I love this one! On mine is: Lamp, framed photo of the girls, Clemson coaster, chapstick & my phone charger