June 2013 Moms
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Options

imageCarolynL8:
    imagetiffletons518:
    I don't like sushi
    I only eat cooked sushi. Shrimp tempura rolls dipped in spicy mayo are amazing!!

Can I just eat something else with some of that spicy mayo? Lol. 

• Options
    Okay, mine are "First Tri flameful" so not at all but whatevs.

I had sushi for lunch yesterday [maybe the FF part of that is the fact that I ate it in front oh my H, who is on the yummy all liquid hospital diet of Jello and broth].

I drank a huge iced tea with 3 packets of Sweet and Low. I usually avoid artificial stuff like the plague but it dissolved so nicely in my cold drink.

I intend on having a beer or glass of wine at our anniversary dinner tonight, if we get to go.

Lucy is watching GAC music vids to wake up this morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLucyHoneychrrch:

I couldn't care less about my birth experience as long as everyone comes out of it alive and healthy.  And the other day when a friend showed me her five-page, single-spaced birth plan, I literally laughed out loud.

My MW kept asking about mine and all I could think of was, "I want everyone alive at the end and I want to be as medicated as I possibly can be." 

L.M.
  • Options
    Nix55Nix55 member
    imageLucyHoneychrrch:
    I couldn't care less about my birth experience as long as everyone comes out of it alive and healthy.nbsp; And the other day when a friend showed me her fivepage, singlespaced birth plan, I literally laughed out loud.
    nbsp;

This is me. Don't get me wrong. I know what I want and don't want as far as major decisions, but I'm not going to bother trying to "plan" out every other detail.
  • Options

imageMrsAuby:
    Ok...I in NO way am hoping for a preterm baby. I want her to stay in there until she is ready to come out, preferably on or around her due date...BUT all these June moms having their babies is making me SOO anxious to meet my baby girl! I can't wait!! I'm 35 weeks today and feel like she is never going to get here!

Me too!! I want him to stay in there as long as possible, but your right- all these June mam's becoming May mama's makes me anxious to meet my little guy too.

• Options

Ok here's one:

We have a one-holer bathroom at work that is in the same general area as everyone's desks/offices.

Everytime I feel the need to use the Febreeze after I'm finished with my business I run the water in the sink while I'm spraying because I don't want anyone to hear me spray.

Long story short: I waste water because I don't want anyone to know I poop.

DS#1 3-28-02 ~ DD 6-15-09 ~ DS#2 5-31-13

• Options

I heart you ladies.  One time I admitted to not liking babies on TTGP and most people were like "ZOMG you're a terrible person!"  Babies scare the crap out of me but he's gonna grow up eventually, right?  Fingers crossed.

My new confession is I hate when automatic toilets flush before I get a chance to inspect things. I mean, come on, I need to see what's happening!

• Options

Can I make a double confession for me and Hubs?

Hubs has NEVER changed a diaper in his life. I think he secretly thinks if he looks too nervous, I'll just do them all and he won't really have to because we have this thing where we sort of do the tasks the other person can't stand (like he pumps gas, and I put away his laundry). But honestly, I sort of plan to get out of the first few just to watch him figure it out.

imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Options

I have been on this site for over a year...I have no clue what FFFC means, and I don't understand what the point to a LB is.

• Options
    imagePurpleCobra101:

Ok here's one:

We have a one-holer bathroom at work that is in the same general area as everyone's desks/offices.

Everytime I feel the need to use the Febreeze after I'm finished with my business I run the water in the sink while I'm spraying because I don't want anyone to hear me spray.

I heart you, because I would do the same thing if I could. If I go into our 2 stall bathroom at work and someone is in there I will not poop. I can't stand people at my work knowing about my BM.

• Options
    imageCocoMcGee:
    imagetiffletons518:
    imageSouthSideDrea:
    imageCocoMcGee:

Mine is that I've gotten a little sad that it will no longer just be me and my husband. We've been married for over four years and he's still my best friend and still so romantic. I'm worried about losing that when the baby gets here. We've already discussed ways to keep our marriage solid and all that, but for example, yesterday he got a new phone and he sent me a text that said "I just wanted my first message to be to you. I love you!". I don't want that to go away!

It won't. I was so worried about the same thing, but we are an even tighter team. And there is nothing as sexy as seeing the man you love loving your baby.  

Drea is right. And, the fact that you are aware and plan to make the effort to take the time out for each other.. that's a big deal right there. 

Thanks to you both. I do find that comforting.

All of this made me cry.  In a good way.  We've talked about the same thing.  And he was sick for a week, then I got sick, so last night I cried because I'm afraid that I'll get better and then go into labor and we'll have lost like 3 weeks of any real quality/snuggle time because of illness.  

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has worried about this!

• Options
    WhitWedWhitWed member
    imagekari5186:

Back story:  DH is an optometrist.  He has been seeing an 8 year old boy who came to him with vision so bad that he was never going to be able to drive a car or play sports.  The little boy wouldn't wear his super thick glasses because he got teased so much at school and was doing super poorly as far as grades go.  Fast forward 6 months later to this past Wednesday, DH has improved the boy's vision so much so that he WILL be able to drive and play sports, he's got the boy wearing contact lenses as well as glasses so the lenses aren't thick (no more teasing!), AND the boy brought in a certificate he got from his teacher congratulating him for being the most improved in reading for the school year.

Flame Free part:  I was so proud of DH that I told him I wanted to go out to dinner that night to celebrate his and the little boy's victory, which, with our budget, would mean skipping my birthday dinner date this Saturday.  Now I'm feeling quite sorry for myself because DH was going to take me out for sushi and I feel like my special day isn't going to be special anymore.  I am a horrible selfish brat :( 

I love this story! Great job, to your DH! And don't feel like a selfish brat because I would have done the same thing out of excitement for DH and then felt the same way afterward about birthday plans (especially because DH and I only celebrate birthdays -- we don't do gifts or fancy meals for Valentine's, Christmas, Easter, Anniversary, or Mother's/Father's Day).  

• Options
    I look at my birth plan as more of a preparation thing, to help me as a FTM think through my options and what I would ideally want. I highly doubt I will be pulling it out and highlighting areas to show to the nurses, but if it helps me and H start a discussion about some of the decisions we have to make, why not do it? I don't think it's laughable for someone to plan out, I think it's laughable to go into a situation with questions unanswered. Even if its in your own mind.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kgb-13kgb-13 member
    imagePurpleCobra101:

Ok here's one:

I courtesy flush for the same reason.  Cause that's not obvious! 

• Options
    That also leads me to my own FFFC.

I think going into delivery wanting a natural birth, but then doing no preparation to help you stick with that decision is foolish. Take a class, read a book, hire a doula. Women that say "I'm just going to see how it goes, but I would like to go natural" and do no preparation drive me nuts.

I'm not going to be ashamed if I get in the moment and decide I need something for the pain, but I'm sure as hell going to do whatever I can to put me in the best position to be successful in the kind of birth I hope to have.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    image42Butterflies:
    imagePurpleCobra101:

Ok here's one:

Tip of the day:  Spray while the toilet is flushing.  It's louder so it covers up the spraying noise and you don't need to do anything extra.  Embarrassed

Haha, yeah the flush doesn't last long enough for me.

I need THAT much spray ;)

• Options

My FFFC - I ate raw sushi and cold lunch meat this week. They were both delicious!!

Also, I am really starting to hate clothing. When I get home, I usually undress immediately after getting home. I walk around in my underwear and my sports bra for the rest of the night.

image image

• Options
    imageSouthSideDrea:
    imageCocoMcGee:

Mine is that I've gotten a little sad that it will no longer just be me and my husband. We've been married for over four years and he's still my best friend and still so romantic. I'm worried about losing that when the baby gets here. We've already discussed ways to keep our marriage solid and all that, but for example, yesterday he got a new phone and he sent me a text that said "I just wanted my first message to be to you. I love you!". I don't want that to go away!

It won't. I was so worried about the same thing, but we are an even tighter team. And there is nothing as sexy as seeing the man you love loving your baby.  

this makes me feel so much better too!  

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageCarolynL8:
    imageiggles09:
    imageBonjuju:
    imageCocoMcGee:
    imageBonjuju:

I am super pissed that my LB went troll and didn't have the decency to tell me. I sent her a regular e-mail after I found out with the hope that she would come clean but she hasn't even replied. A little hey I cant be your LB anymore would be fine.... I don't even need an apology for being set up.... but please... common courtesy!

I'm also super jealous of the girls that have great LBs but I don't want to risk it again by looking for a new one.

ANNNNNDDD!!

My due date is almost 2 weeks away and I still have no car seat!!! 

Yeah, that was nasty. I'm sorry you had to go through that. She should have at least had the decency to not sign on for an LB.

My thoughts exactly! 

Who was your LB?? The only troll I can really think of for some reason that went away, but thank goodness, was CinnamonHaze. 

I was thinking DestinySaraCool? Maybe. ETA hahaha im mobile. Didnt know if "sara" had an "h" so i put [ h ] without spaces and it made a smiley!! Whoopsieee! Lol

Oh yeah - that is right. I remember her now. My LB has been MIA for a while - not a troll just completely MIA. oh well. Guess I will update you ladies myself 

image image

• Options
    I reeeally hope I'm not the only one cause I feel horrible about it but...

Sometimes I get frustrated by all my LOs movements.

I know some women don't even feel their babies much and would wish to feel them 24 / 7 but sometimes I'm so tired and I'm just like " hey guys, chill out. I'm tired and all this kicking and punching hurts. I know you two are playing in there but give mommy a break." I'm 37 weeks almost 38 and when my doctor told me I might feel a slight decrease in movement I was a little relieved. But no. I feel them even more! I just wanna be able to lay down and sleep regularly again.
  • Options
    imageBabyShanteau:
    I'm starting to get scared...really scared. nbsp;Like the irrational part of my brain is wondering if/how I get out of this. nbsp;Then I feel terrible, because I love this baby so much already and can't wait to be her mama
    This. I'm terrified of everything. That we won't be ready, won't know what to do, and I'll just be a terrible mom with no patience. I'm scared of so much.

Also, after being on the boards forever, I still don't know what PPH stands for.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    WhitWedWhitWed member

This one may very well get me flamed, but I give a side eye to teachers and SAH parents with poor spelling and grammar.  Whether I see it here, or on Facebook, I think, "how can you educate children when you don't know it yourself?"  It makes me wonder how they can grade reports, or tests, correctly. Did little Timmy really deserve a B? 

Also, if I see a "your" instead of a "you're" or the acronym "LOL" (especially in a flame post) I automatically discount the opinion of the poster.  Can't help it!  It's elementary my dear Watsons!

• Options
    imagesweetbabypea:
    That also leads me to my own FFFC. I think going into delivery wanting a natural birth, but then doing no preparation to help you stick with that decision is foolish. Take a class, read a book, hire a doula. Women that say "I'm just going to see how it goes, but I would like to go natural" and do no preparation drive me nuts. I'm not going to be ashamed if I get in the moment and decide I need something for the pain, but I'm sure as hell going to do whatever I can to put me in the best position to be successful in the kind of birth I hope to have.
    Meh. I'm that guy. I have no real plan other than to go in and have a baby. If I end up going without the epi that's great. If not, I won't beat myself up about it. I've done enough research about my options and the possible side effects that I consider myself prepared. But no, I haven't looked into natural birthing techniques.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    LiLi23LiLi23 member
    imagePurpleCobra101:

Ok here's one:

LOL.

I have to go in an office trailer where the walls are thin.  Like you can hear people talking on the other side of the wall whilst peeing.  And there's the random chance that the tank is filling and flushing is really slow, to the point where you're like omgpleasegodown!!  Talk about awkward!

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• Options
    My confession is sometimes I forget I'm pregnant.  I was shopping last week and the cashier asked me when I was due and I just looked at her blankly.  The poor woman then obviously thought she had made a mistake and the look on her face was priceless. DH quickly stepped in though and told her my due date and she looked so relieved.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

confession:  This baby wasn't my idea.  If my husband didn't feel so strongly about having a baby, I would have gone through my life happily childless.  We were college sweethearts, when we got married (at 24/25), I didn't know I felt that way about having a child.  so we just figured we'd have a baby at some point.  7 years later, I realized I could be happy childless because I loved my life the way it was. We had great jobs, great friends, had all the freedom to do whatever we wanted without any serious responsibilities, go on quick trips at a short notice, go on long trips just the two of us, randomly go to wineries on a friday because we left work an hour early and it's gorgeous outside, go golfing saturday AND sunday because we didn't have any responsibilities, stay in bed all day on a sunday because we could....  I didn't want the baby to change my life because I loved my life.  But it wasn't fair to my husband who knew he wanted a child because when we got married, he thought I felt the same way (and I thought I felt the same way). 

We debated for the past two years about starting a family.  And it did lead to many fights because I wasn't ready.  I finally agreed that it was unfair to him, and agreed that whatever he and I create together can't be that bad.  And at the end of the day, his happiness meant enough to me to agree.  I still have my fears that when this baby comes out I will hate how many life changes ( i know my life will change drastically, I just hope that it changes in the positive way and I feel so much love for my baby that I will feel that it is all worth it).  but I have to admit that there are days when I get so scared of what will happen if I don't feel that crazy love for my child.  I know it also stems from my odd relationship with my mother.  We have a great relationship now, but when I was young, she was verbally and physically abusive.  when I got older I found out that she didn't want to have a child and wanted to pursue her studies in journalism which was cut short with her getting married and getting pregnant.  in the back of my mind I always worry that I will react the same way to my child, the way my mom did to me. 

confession over.  that was great to get this off my chest.  thank god for FFFC.  

imageimage
  • Options
    LiLi23LiLi23 member
    I legit peed my pants earlier this week.  About 10 minutes before I was about to leave work.  No warning.  Just all of a sudden my pants were wet.  AND I just went to the bathroom like a half hour beforehand.  Really, bladder??  Made for a comfy ride home :/

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• Options
    imageMonkeybutt80:

confession:  This baby wasn't my idea.  If my husband didn't feel so strongly about having a baby, I would have gone through my life happily childless.  We were college sweethearts, when we got married (at 24/25), I didn't know I felt that way about having a child.  so we just figured we'd have a baby at some point.  7 years later, I realized I could be happy childless because I loved my life the way it was. We had great jobs, great friends, had all the freedom to do whatever we wanted without any serious responsibilities, go on quick trips at a short notice, go on long trips just the two of us, randomly go to wineries on a friday because we left work an hour early and it's gorgeous outside, go golfing saturday AND sunday because we didn't have any responsibilities, stay in bed all day on a sunday because we could....  I didn't want the baby to change my life because I loved my life.  But it wasn't fair to my husband who knew he wanted a child because when we got married, he thought I felt the same way (and I thought I felt the same way). 

We debated for the past two years about starting a family.  And it did lead to many fights because I wasn't ready.  I finally agreed that it was unfair to him, and agreed that whatever he and I create together can't be that bad.  And at the end of the day, his happiness meant enough to me to agree.  I still have my fears that when this baby comes out I will hate how many life changes ( i know my life will change drastically, I just hope that it changes in the positive way and I feel so much love for my baby that I will feel that it is all worth it).  but I have to admit that there are days when I get so scared of what will happen if I don't feel that crazy love for my child.  I know it also stems from my odd relationship with my mother.  We have a great relationship now, but when I was young, she was verbally and physically abusive.  when I got older I found out that she didn't want to have a child and wanted to pursue her studies in journalism which was cut short with her getting married and getting pregnant.  in the back of my mind I always worry that I will react the same way to my child, the way my mom did to me. 

I think a lot more people feel that way than you might even know!  M and I felt the same way for a long time and we were content with the fact that we may never have children.  In our case, we both kind of came to the realization that we DID want at least one around the same time, but I can see one being ready before the other, too.

I think being aware and honest about your feelings is very smart and just fine.  I'd have something else to say if you were feeling dread about this LO's arrival, but it seems like your fears are perfectly normal, IMO

• Options

imageCarolynL8:
    imagePurpleCobra101:
    Ok here's one: We have a oneholer bathroom at work that is in the samenbsp;general areanbsp;as everyone's desks/offices. Everytime I feel the need to use the Febreeze after I'm finished with my business I run the water in the sink while I'm spraying because I don't want anyone to hear me spray. Long story short: I waste water because I don't want anyone to know I poop.
    ETA... Forget link. Mobile took symbols out so its def not gonna work. Skip to google part! Try this! https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001D0IXVY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1368802449sr=81pi=SL75 Mobile so not clicky. If it doesnt work google "poo pourri"! LOL

Lol. Yup, I need that.

• Options
    imageMegStory17:

imageTabbiC:
    imageMegStory17:
    Mine isn't very flameful... but I have been on this board for 8 months and I still have no idea what that little red star next to a post means. nbsp;I have tried to figure it out but it seems to appear at random sometimes a lot of responses, sometimes not really. nbsp;Scandalous... I know.nbsp;

Don't feel bad, idk what UO means, but if I had to guess I'd say Unpopular Opinions.

You are right... but I didn't know that one or FFC for longer than I care to admit.  And I often get confused when people use DD as the title to a post- is it going to be about their Darling Daughter or a Dirty Delete?!

Haha I think the same! I'm like "Ok this should be really good, or really cute!"
  • Options
    imageGingerBabyTX:
    imageMonkeybutt80:

I think a lot more people feel that way than you might even know!  M and I felt the same way for a long time and we were content with the fact that we may never have children.  In our case, we both kind of came to the realization that we DID want at least one around the same time, but I can see one being ready before the other, too.

I think being aware and honest about your feelings is very smart and just fine.  I'd have something else to say if you were feeling dread about this LO's arrival, but it seems like your fears are perfectly normal, IMO

Thank you.  I feel much better.  I do feel connected to my baby inside but at times, I worry that I am not as ' in love' as my other pregnant friends seemed to be with their babies inside....  but thank you for letting me know that I am not alone!    

imageimage
  • Options
    When I make scrambled eggs, I have a little competition to see which yolk breaks last. That one is declared the winner.

Then I break it, too.

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Options
    imageSouthSideDrea:
    imageLucyHoneychrrch:

I couldn't care less about my birth experience as long as everyone comes out of it alive and healthy.  And the other day when a friend showed me her five-page, single-spaced birth plan, I literally laughed out loud.

i guess I don't understand why you care? You have your birth plan, you don't call it that, but  "couldn't care less about my birth experience as long as everyone comes out of it alive and healthy" is your birth plan. Why can't she have hers? Will it work out exactly like she expects? Likely no. But did she laugh in your face? I'm guessing also likely no.  You don't really sound like an amazing friend to me. 

Likewise, I'm sure.  lol.

Updated September 2012. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageTabbiC:
    imageMegStory17:
    Mine isn't very flameful... but I have been on this board for 8 months and I still have no idea what that little red star next to a post means. nbsp;I have tried to figure it out but it seems to appear at random sometimes a lot of responses, sometimes not really. nbsp;Scandalous... I know.nbsp;

Don't feel bad, idk what UO means, but if I had to guess I'd say Unpopular Opinions.

The star means a lot of people have read it!

And you're right about uo!

• Options
    Also DH is telling me the world's longest story. I have stopped listening. I can't take it. I just want quiet.

• Options
    kgb-13kgb-13 member

imageflerlgirl:
    imageTabbiC:
    imageMegStory17:
    The star means a lot of people have read it! And you're right about uo!

We should start the rumor that the star means people read ALL THE WORDS! 

• Options
    imagePurpleCobra101:

Ok here's one:

This is AWESOME. I have an irrational fear of pooping in public. I hate when I have to go at work!! 

• Options
    imageMonkeybutt80:

Thank you.  I feel much better.  I do feel connected to my baby inside but at times, I worry that I am not as ' in love' as my other pregnant friends seemed to be with their babies inside....  but thank you for letting me know that I am not alone!    

I don't really feel connected to this baby yet, either.  Sometimes I think it's because we're Team Green, but I also think that there are people who don't really "get it" til they see their son or daughter.  :)  I think that's gonna be us.

• Options
    I didn't go to any birth classes. I have read no pregnancy books. I have read no books about birth. I have looked up different information about my options but not as thoroughly as I should. Ehh, I might not have the best birth experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm eating Oreos for lunch.  And using my belly as a plate.  I had been eating really healthy during this pregnancy and now I've just been eating whatever I want.  Embarrassed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"