October 2013 Moms
Options

are any of you getting push presents

2»

Re: are any of you getting push presents

• Options
    I'm not going to lie, I would love one! I love any sort of sentimental jewelry that reminds me of a very happy moment in my life. Plus if its a girl it would be fun to gift to her someday, or to give to my son's wife. I'm such a sap!

It is absolutely not something I would mandate to DH, but he's always talked about getting me one.

Of course my baby is my ultamite present, but I wouldn't mind a small token to wear and remember a very happy and long awaited day in my life.
    TTC #1 since Oct 2009, Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    HSG: Right tube all clear, left tube inconclusive
    3 failed Clomid Cylces
    4/5 lap revealed blocked left tube, but right tube is open
    April/May- 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #1= CANCELLED left ovary ovulating
    June 1- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #1 = BFN
    June 28- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #2 =BFP!
    7/12 Beta #1= 14 Beta #2= >5 Chemical Pregnancy :(
    July-Nov long break to recover emotionally and financially
    Nov 24- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #3= BFN
    Jan 22- Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI# 4 = CANCELLED no response on right
    IVF #1- Start stims 4/7, ER 4/20, 21R, 14F, 6 frosties, ET 4/25, 2 embryos transferred= BFN :(
    FET #1- June 2012, Lurpon starts 5/27- CANCELLED
    FET #1 take 2- August 2012, delayed until Sept-CANCELLED
    FET #1 take 3- ET 10/11, 2 embryos transferred,= BFFN
    FET #2- Transfer 12/4--Cancelled, no embies survived thaw :(
    Next steps-- IVF #2 with new RE in March
    HOLY SURPRISE BFP 2/15/13!!!! Beta 1- 286, Beta 2- 782, First Ultrasound 2/25- baby in uterus & all looks good!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagereederah:

I think these are SO dumb. If your husband is a considerate man and gets you a gift when baby is born, great you picked a good guy. But if you tell your husband about what a push present is, because we all know men have no clue on their own, and he gets you one, then you're desperate.

FWIW though, DH did get me a gift after I had my son (a willow tree figure of a man woman and baby). However I didn't know what a push present was until 7 months later when I had a friend post a picture of a new sapphire and diamond necklace and hash-tagged it "push present." Gag me.

BAHA! Desperate.. since I told DH way back in the day (or any day for that matter) and he decided it was a great idea.... So hinting about, mentioning, or looking at something you really want for a birthday, xmas, hanukkah, Mothers day... or any other holiday you usually give gifts means your desperate. Then I and most other women are VERY desperate. How else would DH know what you are thinking unless you COMMUNICATE! Sorry if my DH listens, pays attention, and chooses for himself what he wants to get me and for which occasion. I consider desperate trying over, over and over again to get what she wants and throws a fit when she doesn't get it.....now that would be my SIL :P and by the way, why were you not happy for your friend that got an awesome piece of jewelry, jealous much?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby is due the day before my birthday, so I'm getting the greatest gift on my birthday!!
  • Options

imagequartermisses:
    If by push present you mean GIANT BEER, then yes. I had better.

Best idea ever!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had never heard of this until the bump.

And I was thinking the same thing quartermisses!! a beer and some sushi best be my push gift! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If DH does it on his own, it is fine. If the woman is pushing it then no.

Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Options

I think labelling it a "Push Present" is what turns me off.  Obviously, there are some demanding, materialistic women who have ruined the concept of a sweet notion of a doting husband buying a thoughtful, meaningful gift for their wife.

Now, quartermisses has the right idea!  I will be the demanding wife for a delicious beer!!!!!!!!!

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!
  • Options
    Gosh, if I do I hope it is a pack of ice pads. Those things were heavenly last time. lol
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My husband and I were discussing this the other day. I think it's kind of crazy if a woman is expecting a gift. My husband says if I need a push present, he needs a I knocked you up present. We thought it was funny. My cousin is one of those people who gets gifts for sneezing. Annoying.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    imagechicsahm:
    imagereederah:

I think these are SO dumb. If your husband is a considerate man and gets you a gift when baby is born, great you picked a good guy. But if you tell your husband about what a push present is, because we all know men have no clue on their own, and he gets you one, then you're desperate.

FWIW though, DH did get me a gift after I had my son (a willow tree figure of a man woman and baby). However I didn't know what a push present was until 7 months later when I had a friend post a picture of a new sapphire and diamond necklace and hash-tagged it "push present." Gag me.

BAHA! Desperate.. since I told DH way back in the day (or any day for that matter) and he decided it was a great idea.... So hinting about, mentioning, or looking at something you really want for a birthday, xmas, hanukkah, Mothers day... or any other holiday you usually give gifts means your desperate. Then I and most other women are VERY desperate. How else would DH know what you are thinking unless you COMMUNICATE! Sorry if my DH listens, pays attention, and chooses for himself what he wants to get me and for which occasion. I consider desperate trying over, over and over again to get what she wants and throws a fit when she doesn't get it.....now that would be my SIL :P and by the way, why were you not happy for your friend that got an awesome piece of jewelry, jealous much?

Asking for something specific for your birthday is one thing, but I just think push presents are a bit much especially of you have to tell your husband what the heck they are. My opinion though, so please ask away if its what works for you and DH.

And no, I'm not jealous, I was happy she had her beautiful baby after waiting so long and was happy she received a gift. I could do without the hash tag though... Not my style.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• Options
    Probably a few cards and some flowers. And a baby.
  • Options
    I don't know if it will be a birthday gift, a "push present" or a "keep mommy happy so she shuts *** up" gift, but I'll get a new iPad.  My last kiddo was before iPads and smart phones (gasp!) and I spent tons of time alone in the dark nursing or trying to get him to sleep.  If ONLY I had an iPad or a phone back then, I wouldn't have been so miserable!!  I'm not doing that again.  
    Anything you can achieve through hard work, you could also just buy.
  • Options
    imagereederah:
    imagechicsahm:
    imagereederah:

Asking for something specific for your birthday is one thing, but I just think push presents are a bit much especially of you have to tell your husband what the heck they are. My opinion though, so please ask away if its what works for you and DH. And no, I'm not jealous, I was happy she had her beautiful baby after waiting so long and was happy she received a gift. I could do without the hash tag though... Not my style.

Gotcha, didn't think of the hash tag in that way.. I guess bragging in a way, if you get something awesome don't brag about it on FB, Twitter etc.... I guess it is like rubbing it in anothers face.... "LOOK what I got and you didn't!!" I think if someone asks then you can tell what it was for.

• Options

You better believe I expect something!  The concept of giving your wife a thank you gift for carrying your child is as old as time.  My father gave my mother a beautiful pearl necklace the day I was born (pearls are my birthstone).  When I was getting married the only thing my father requested was that she wear that necklace.  She looked beautiful wearing it and it made my day that much more special.

Diagnosed with PCOS
    TTC Since 2009
    July 2011- IUI #1 BPN (Clomid, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    Aug 2011- IUI Cancelled (Clomid, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    Sept 2011- IUI Cancelled (Clomid, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    Oct 2011- IUI Cancelled (Clomid, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    Nov 2011- IUI #2 BPN (Femara, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    Took a break and then found a new RE
    Oct 2012- IUI #3 BPN (Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    Nov 2012- IUI #4 (Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone)
    BFP on November 29th
    Pregnancy was ectopic and terminated on December 8th
  • Options
    Yes! Why Gag?  If my husband wants to give me a gift for going through pregnancy, labor and delivery then I 100% support it.  And I use the word "if" very lightly.  I know he will.  It's nice to know that you are appreciated for your hard work.  Carrying a child and giving birth isn't easy.  The gift doesn't have to be a big expensive one (of course it can be haha).  It can be something small just to say thank you.
  • Options
    Actually I am! I am getting myself a push present. Not only a baby but something nice to celebrate motherhood :)
  • Options
    Oh hey, what's up old thread from last week!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    AjoydAjoyd member

imagesleepy33:
    Oh hey, what's up old thread from last week!

Right? Strange how two of today's posters have a post count of 1 Hmm

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Options
    they probably googled push presents looking for ideas to link to their h's....came across this thread.

• Options

From one mama who had kids both before and after smartphones to another, I recommend the smartphone over the ipad.  An ipad is harder to hold one handed when you are trying to yank it away from your LO who is supposed to be nursing but insists on watching the cool glow from the ipad!  I'm not sure how you'd convince a kid to quietly nurse with what's in front of him when what's behind or beside him is an ipad.  JMHO, take it for what it's worth to you.  My kiddos are 14, 12, 3 and due October 1st.  :)

AFM, my push present with each of the kids has been to send him out to grab me a milkshake.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"