October 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC??

2»

Re: FFFC??

• Options

imageexpectingnugget:
    Eh...I'm kinda tired of the whole "I let my kid sleep in a little drop of pee last night. I'm such a bad mom" or "he watched 5 minutes of tv, so he's going to be developmentally behind." To me these aren't really FFFC's, they're just something that occasionally happens when you're a new mom. I don't let my kid sleep in a puddle of poop, but if he spits up a little in his sleep I'm not gonna wake him up to change him because IMO I'd be a worse mom to do that and get him all riled up.     That's all. I guess it's not really an FFFC.

thank you

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSarelnad:
    imagektbee33:
    imageblackcat3163:
    imageSarelnad:
    imageblackcat3163:
    imageSarelnad:

Oh yeah. I forgot about Friday.  

My FFFC is that it drives me crazy when people get feisty and catty over a UO. You're not supposed to agree. Isn't that the point? UNPOPULAR opinion.  It seems fine to reply with your own thoughts but really messed up to bash others or make them feel like crap. 

you honestly thought that your UO wouldn't get a response? If you're going to put things like that on the internet you should probably expect someone to reply to it.

did you read the whole thing?  I said "it seems fine for others to reply with their own  thoughts but really messed up to bash others or make them feel like crap." 

I expect people to reply. I just don't understand why people have to take it to the next level.  Some people are straight up hurtful with their comments to others. 

yes I did indeed read your WHOLE post.

I'm just saying that if you don't want people to reply to posts like that you shouldn't put things on the internet, it kinda goes with the territory. I don't think what I wrote back to you was very inflammatory but i could see how you might think others were. Religion is a hot button topic so writing that you think it's silly for non-christians to celebrate christmas is really asking for it.

Not that I really want to get involved because I didn't read the WHOLE UO, but I would just like to point out, how many atheists and agnostics do we know that celebrate Hanukkah or Ramadan? However, I do believe that people can celebrate whatever they want however they want and there is no right or wrong way. I personally am just of the opinion that Christmas is a religious holiday just as much as Hanukkah and Ramadan

very well put.  

yup, better put than the original post about this.

and yes, likely A LOT more atheists and agnostics celebrate christmas, than the othe other celebrations but at this point it's super commercial and become something different than ONLY jesus' day of birth.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All this quoting is giving me carpal tunnel from so much scrolling on my phone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageblackcat3163:

imageexpectingnugget:
    Eh...I'm kinda tired of the whole "I let my kid sleep in a little drop of pee last night. I'm such a bad mom" or "he watched 5 minutes of tv, so he's going to be developmentally behind." To me these aren't really FFFC's, they're just something that occasionally happens when you're a new mom. I don't let my kid sleep in a puddle of poop, but if he spits up a little in his sleep I'm not gonna wake him up to change him because IMO I'd be a worse mom to do that and get him all riled up.     That's all. I guess it's not really an FFFC.

thank you

No prob. And thank you for your post about Christmas. I don't know that I believe in God, but I sure as hell am not gonna skip celebrating the holidays with my kids. It'd be a sad, sad world if all the non-Christians stopped celebrating, since this is really the only time the world decides to be nice for .5 seconds.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My confession is that I really want to comment on mom/MIL vents telling people to get some farking perspective and appreciate what they have, but I'm not going to because I know I'd be in the wrong. My emotions are just getting the best of me.
  • Options

imageMrsNorry:
    My confession is that I really want to comment on mom/MIL vents telling people to get some farking perspective and appreciate what they have, but I'm not going to because I know I'd be in the wrong. My emotions are just getting the best of me.

Hugs.  Still thinking about you. 

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    imagemeganole25:
    imagebellre:

I don't watch my language very well around DS. This is what I imagine my life will be like in a few years if I don't learn how to now:

image image

image image

Yea, this is pretty much me too. I'm so in trouble. 

Lol. I try so hard to watch my language, but DH slips sometimes. The other night I told my 5 yr old it was time for dinner and he replied, "But, Moooommm! I'm not fking hungry!" So, I suppose my FFFC is that rather than correct him right then, I had to leave the room so I wouldn't laugh. He's never said anything like that before, and it was hilarious that he used it in the correct context. Ugh, let's hope he doesn't bust that out at school!
  • Options
    On our way home from Charlie's shots today I stopped for Wendy's (glad to see that WW is working). We got home and as I put him down in the kitchen he woke up and started crying. I transferred him to the bouncy chair, gave him a pacifier and then ate my whole lunch, all 10 nuggets, before picking him up. I knew once I did, that was it for the afternoon, and I was starving and wanted a hot lunch. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagedotmbc:
    I count my bags of frozen breastmilk on a regular basis like I am Scrooge Mcduck.I'm milk rich, Bish!

Hahaha.  

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagemeganole25:
    imagebellre:

I don't watch my language very well around DS. This is what I imagine my life will be like in a few years if I don't learn how to now:

image image

image image

Yea, this is pretty much me too. I'm so in trouble. 

I'm already there. Aaden just started saying "Oh sh!t" on the regular. The scary thing - he uses it in context.
    Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I forgot to brush my teeth before I left the house this morning. I was more than half way there before I realized and didn't feel like turning around.
  • Options
    I always thought I'd go for a VBAC with baby #2, but I'm strongly considering another C-section, now. I never was that scared of having a mangled vagina before I had my baby, but now that my stomach is mangled its really bugs me to mess up my vagina too. 
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • Options
    imageVegasbb:
    I always thought I'd go for a VBAC with baby 2, but I'm strongly considering another Csection, now. I never was that scared of having a mangled vagina before I had my baby, but now that my stomach is mangled its really bugs me to mess up my vagina too.nbsp;

Lmao that's one of the reasons I didn't want to VBAC either!! Haha

• Options
    imagedotmbc:
    I count my bags of frozen breastmilk on a regular basis like I am Scrooge Mcduck.

I'm milk rich, Bish!

I thought I was the only one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"