2nd Trimester
Options

Who will be in the delivery room?

2»

Re: Who will be in the delivery room?

• Options

With my first it was husband and my mom & dad. With my second it was my husband, mom, dad & mother-in-law! 

This time, if I make it through as team green, it will just be the two of us in there when baby comes.

I thought it might be weird to have my dad in there, but really it wasn't at all. He was very respectful, stayed at the top of my bed and got some beautiful photos that I wouldn't have had otherwise. My mom had said from the beginning that she would not be focused enough to be in charge of video/photos. My dad knew going in that he was the 'documenter' of their births.

What ever makes you and husband the most comfortable is who should be there with you.  

Edited to add:

Should have said that they were not in there the whole time. I labored alone with my husband. They came in to say hi when they arrived, but left until it was time for the birth. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Just DH and me - exactly like it was with No.1.  I love my mother dearly, and get along well with my MIL, but I really do not want them there during the birth.  I just wanted (and still want) it to be a moment that only my DH and I share.  This time, though, once everything is cleaned up alright and assuming my LO does not have a cold, I am hoping my BFF can wait at the hospital with my 2 year old son, so he can come in and be the first to meet the baby.
    Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my first one and I have already thought about it and I don't really care who is there while I am in labor, I plan to have an epidural and as long as it is family and maybe a couple super close friends I don't mind hanging out and all being excited together. But when it comes time to push I only want my husband and my mom there. Nobody else needs to see it, I am not a science project. I don't have a sister but you should never feel like you have to ask someone to be in there just because they were in for yours. Everyone's different about who they want in there and for good reason too, it is your birth of you and your signifigant other's baby, that you have waited 9 months to see so make it your day and only do what you feel you want. Nobody's feelings should be hurt, for you doing what you're most comfortable with.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Only the people who put the baby in the ute and trained medical professionals will be there when the baby comes out of the ute.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm thinking DH and my sister. I want my sister in there because she's a nurse but also works in natural medicine so I think she'll be great for moral support to help me go natural(God willing). I haven't decided about my mom yet.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    For my first, I was a single woman and my parents and the dr's were the only ones there.  For this one, my folks can visit for the labor part but delivery - the plan anyway - is for it to be DH and the medical personnel. 
    Our Little Miracle - Raymond Clifford Jr Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can relate to alot of these status with who u want to be in the room. With my first it was my Aunt and my cousin. My Mother lived outta town and couldn't get off work and the Father I didnt want there. But once the time comes when u start pushing and all that fun stuff, you can careless who in the room and who see's what, all you know is get this baby out NOW.....LOL. This time around I really dont care, it depends on how many ppl can be in there and who wants to. Then it will be a first come first serve type deal. I know what to expect now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

With my DS I had just DH, with DD I had my mom, grandparents (who I didnt think would stay for pushing but did and I didnt mind)My BFF and DH.

I liked having the extra support, especially since our son passed away. I didnt pay attention to any one but the baby BFF and DH got amazing pics and I was happy about that because it allowed me to be in the moment with DD.

My mom will have DD this time so probably just DH and BFF.

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

when DS was born DH, Mom, & my sister. For this one I still want DH & Mom. It won't bother me if my sister is there or not.

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"