Alabama Babies
Options

candi

what did your attacks feel like?  I'm noy even sure if its my gall bladder really

Re: candi

• Options

It was extremely painful..no matter what I did I couldn't get relief.  Also I was extremely nauseous when I had an attack.  And TMI sorry but I kept feeling like I needed to go to the bathroom and not just peeing but I couldn't do it and it just never stopped. It was a horrible cramping experience that was urgent.  I would try heating pads, tylenol, everything and the pain wouldn't stop.  And it would always come out of nowhere, usually at night. 

Turns out the reason (for me) that they hit me out of nowhere was because the stones were blocking my duct hence not letting my gallbladder get oxygen.  The first two times this happened it stopped after about 2 hours...and I knew later that it was because the stones had moved.  The third time it happened I couldn't get relief and I went to the emergency room at 1am in tears...I was hunched over willing my mom to drive faster to get me there. (this was before I got married).  This was when they decided the old gallbladder had to go. 

• Options

Sounds about right...UGH! 

Well I did talk to a friend of mine who had hers out whle she was breastfeeding - she made me feel much better about it.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm glad she was able to make you feel better.  I will say that my surgery was easy to recover from, but of course I wasn't recovering while taking care of a baby either. 

Actually I'll say this...the soreness in your abdomen area after that surgery is similar but not as intense as the soreness of your abdomen after a c-section type surgery.  I know you are probably thinking how would I know?  I had a cyst the size of a small dinner plate that they removed from my left fallopian tube and ovary 3 weeks after my gall bladder surgery.  It was a surgery that was done like a c-section surgery except I was completely knocked out.  But I have the scar and everything.  So it was easy for me to compare...of course the lady part surgery was a lot worse since I was actually cut open whereas the gallbladder surgery is done laproscopily...but the soreness was similar.  

But either way I hope they figure it out soon and you get relief.  

• Options
    well, thankfully (other than the staples) my c-section recovery was pretty painless...
  • Options
    That's good! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"