3rd Trimester
Options

Anyone NOT planning to get the Tdap and Flu Shots??

2»

Re: Anyone NOT planning to get the Tdap and Flu Shots??

• Options
    imagelaurakaz13:

imageTreschic81:
    imagelaurakaz13:
    Your doctor recommended these shots because he'd prefer your baby didn't die from preventable sicknesses.nbsp; I would listen to him.nbsp; Not one post here from a nonvaxer is educated.nbsp; Not one.nbsp; Go to the AAP, CDC, and WHO websites and other PEER REVIEWED studies and read up on vaccines.nbsp;
    I totally called this kind of craziness earlier...take a breath and THINK before you accuse anyone of being uneducated. You don't have the slightest idea as to whether or not anyone on this board is educated on a topic. And to be quite frank, you don't sound any more educated yourself, blindly following what a government agency tell you to do. Ever hear of Thalidomide? I hate to break it to you, but just because WHO, or CDC says something is safe, doesn't make it so. And just between us, I know its shocking, but, Gasp! they don't always have the purest of intentions. Please don't make yourself look so ignorant, by assuming you know more than anyone else.

This is laughable.  Why don't you provide proven scientific research that shows not vaccinating is more beneficial than protecting you and your child against deadly communicable diseases.  You better believe I do research and don't "blindly follow government organizations".  How many scientific proven studies would you like me to list?  I could list dozens. 

There aren't two sides to this debate.  People who vaccinate are making the right decision for their children and public health in general.  People who do not are jeopardizing their children and public health in general. 

Unless of course you can cite resources that prove your point.  Of course we all know none exist.  Go ahead...prove me wrong!  Post something valid. 

Laughable? For someone who's so "educated" you don't seem to read very well. I never said people shouldn't vaccinate, or that vaccinating isn't the right thing to do. My kids are both up to date on all vaccines except for the flu shot (which doesn't protect against many strains of the flu) and we opt out of the newborn hep b (which is spread through unprotected sex and needles...not something I'm personally worried about my newborn engaging in.) My entire response to you was about you calling anyone uneducated.  The fact is, you don't even know these people's names let alone their education level.  That is the only issue I responded to in your post.  I was simply pointing out that accusing ANYONE you don't know anything about of not educating themselves is, in fact a very uneducated thing to do.

I didn't cite any research because I don't have to prove to you or anyone else why I don't get the flu shot...it's really not that big of a deal.  Its a flu shot, for crap's sake. get one if you want, I'm not...who cares?   

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageTreschic81:

Did you respond to the wrong person?  I never called anyone uneducated and was telling someone else not to do so. I also said that I do vaccinate.  My kids are both up to date on all vaccines.  The only ones we don't do are flu shots and the newborn hep b.  I've never said anything about herd immunity or suggested that other's shouldn't vaccinate.  I did say it's wrong to assume that someone who chooses not to vaccinate is uneducated, and that blindly doing what a government agency says is safe is not always the best thing.  I don't get you saying "here you are again calling people uneducated who decide to vaccinate" That would be me calling myself uneducated, wtf?

"And to be quite frank, you don't sound any more educated yourself." 

And, I may have this wrong, but I thought that I remembered you heckling people on another board for vaccinating their children. If I am confusing you with someone else, then I apologize.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBrittanyDoesDerby:
    imageTreschic81:

Did you respond to the wrong person?  I never called anyone uneducated and was telling someone else not to do so. I also said that I do vaccinate.  My kids are both up to date on all vaccines.  The only ones we don't do are flu shots and the newborn hep b.  I've never said anything about herd immunity or suggested that other's shouldn't vaccinate.  I did say it's wrong to assume that someone who chooses not to vaccinate is uneducated, and that blindly doing what a government agency says is safe is not always the best thing.  I don't get you saying "here you are again calling people uneducated who decide to vaccinate" That would be me calling myself uneducated, wtf?

"And to be quite frank, you don't sound any more educated yourself." 

And, I may have this wrong, but I thought that I remembered you heckling people on another board for vaccinating their children. If I am confusing you with someone else, then I apologize.

No, I've never heckled or criticized anyone for vaccinating.  I was saying she didn't SOUND educated relying on the gov to tell her what to do.  I never said she wasn't educated.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"