Options

Push present????

2»

Re: Push present????

• Options
    imagepaulette1979:

imageLiz4444:
    imagepaulette1979:
    i never heard of a "push present" until one of my girlfriends became pregnant and started talking about how her husband bought her a 4 runner as a push present.nbsp; its ridiculous.nbsp; do women think they can use every excuse in the book to get gifts?nbsp; I mean i get it, you carried a child inside of you for 9 months, you gave up certain foods and drinks to make sure you have anbsp; healthy baby, but your "push present" should be your baby, you don't need any material item to remind you of that special day, your kid will remind you every single day.nbsp; Be happy you have the ability to get pregnant and are not one of those unfortunate woman or couples that can not bare any children.nbsp; If your husband is thoughtful enough to get you a gift then kudos to him, but actaully expecting it is shameful. Get off your high horse, be happy God gave you the gift of a child.nbsp; On top of that, what if the woman doesn't push and has a Csection?nbsp; is she not suppose to get a gift?nbsp; People visit you and bring you flowers and gifts at the hospital.nbsp; What more do you need.nbsp; This world is full of materialistic people that sneeze and think thats grounds for a gift.nbsp; pleeeeease!
    Who sneezed in your Cheerios?

LOL no one actually.  I just say it as i see it. 

I think its sad that you compare a gift of a child to doing a job well done at work and getting a raise.  I personally thank God each and every day for allowing me to have children, that to me is enough gift and i don't need materialistic cr@p to remind me of the day i gave birth, my child will remind me everytime he/she smiles at me or pees on me. :)

I love how people who get all high and mighty with the baby is the gift opinion seem to think this whole thing is so black and white. I don't recall myself or anyone else saying that we don't love or appreciate our children so therefore we need a present.

You think it's sad? Well, you know what they say, opinions are like azzholes... Everyone has one and they all stink.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    Instead of comparing it to a raise or bonus, how about this analogy:

When I graduated from university, it was really all about getting my degree, it was the point of the day. But my family threw me a party and gave me presents, not because my degree wasn't reward enough, but as a way to say, "Wow! You worked really hard for a long time to do that, congratulations!" Three years later, when I got my second degree, there was a more modest gettogether, but still small presents. And next August, when I finally finish my Masters degree, there will be a party DH is getting his the same day and most likely there will be presents.

I didn't do the degrees to get the presents, but they are a way of recognizing an accomplishment, and celebrating a special day. I view "push presents" the same way.

In the interest of full disclosure, DH gave me flowers and a Willow Tree figurine the family one when DS1 was born, and diddlysquat when DS2 was born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLiz4444:
    imagepaulette1979:

imageLiz4444:
    imagepaulette1979:
    i never heard of a "push present" until one of my girlfriends became pregnant and started talking about how her husband bought her a 4 runner as a push present.nbsp; its ridiculous.nbsp; do women think they can use every excuse in the book to get gifts?nbsp; I mean i get it, you carried a child inside of you for 9 months, you gave up certain foods and drinks to make sure you have anbsp; healthy baby, but your "push present" should be your baby, you don't need any material item to remind you of that special day, your kid will remind you every single day.nbsp; Be happy you have the ability to get pregnant and are not one of those unfortunate woman or couples that can not bare any children.nbsp; If your husband is thoughtful enough to get you a gift then kudos to him, but actaully expecting it is shameful. Get off your high horse, be happy God gave you the gift of a child.nbsp; On top of that, what if the woman doesn't push and has a Csection?nbsp; is she not suppose to get a gift?nbsp; People visit you and bring you flowers and gifts at the hospital.nbsp; What more do you need.nbsp; This world is full of materialistic people that sneeze and think thats grounds for a gift.nbsp; pleeeeease!
    Who sneezed in your Cheerios?

LOL no one actually.  I just say it as i see it. 

I think its sad that you compare a gift of a child to doing a job well done at work and getting a raise.  I personally thank God each and every day for allowing me to have children, that to me is enough gift and i don't need materialistic cr@p to remind me of the day i gave birth, my child will remind me everytime he/she smiles at me or pees on me. :)

You think it's sad? Well, you know what they say, opinions are like azzholes... Everyone has one and they all stink.

Ditto!  Exactly my thoughts on your opinion.  ;)  Carry on...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"