Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie with a BCP question!

Hi all! Newbie here and have a question!   I ended my bcp and got my normal AF the first week of may. 2 weeks into may I had very light bleeding for 4 days. After doing research I found out this was a withdrawal bleed from going off bcp. I assume it's fairly common, but wanted to know if I count my CD1 from my AF or from the withdrawal bleed. Can anyone help to answer?  Ive search in a lot of posts and sites but can't really find the answer! At any rate my DH and I have been doing the BD all month. I've decided not to chart this month until I get AF... Who still has not come!  Thanks! 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Newbie with a BCP question!

• Options
    I would wait to determine CD 1 until your next cycle.  But to answer your question, I would probably use the first day of AF.  In the scheme of things, it is not a big deal. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    You want to count from the first day of your period. The spotting isn't another period and therefore isn't an indication of when you might ovulate. Good luck TTC:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

CD1 is flow that requires a pad or tampon. If this wasn't heavy enough for either of those then it's not CD1. I had some "breakthrough" bleeding my first month off BCP, but it wasn't heavy - just needed a panty liner.

GL!

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was charting/temping, but decided to stop the first month off the pill because it will not likely be your 'typical' cycle.  I haven't had a real period yet, either, but did get a positive OPK, so we'll see!

• Options
    jle625jle625 member
    Welcome and GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for all of your help! Its really confusing so hopefully I get AF this week so I can start this baby making!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagenatty1979:

I was charting/temping, but decided to stop the first month off the pill because it will not likely be your 'typical' cycle.  I haven't had a real period yet, either, but did get a positive OPK, so we'll see!

That's great news!! Good luck!! I didn't chart or temp, but probably should have tested for the O!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ah, this post came at a great time for me - thanks for asking this!  I went off the BCP at the beginning of May - had my AF starting 5/2, then just didn't restart the pill.  Starting this past Wednesday 5/30 I had some light bleeding (and this would have been the day I normally would have gotten AF on the pill), but not enough to require a tampon, just a pantiliner. Then Thursday I had a little heavier bleeding - used a tampon that wasn't completely full, and have been using a pantiliner since then. I've had a couple instances of thicker blood (but not heavy), so I'm not sure whether to count this as AF or if it's just spotting or withdrawal bleeding. Any thoughts or help on what to think about this are much appreciated!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    imagelace0828:
    Hi all! Newbie here and have a question!   I ended my bcp and got my normal AF the first week of may. 2 weeks into may I had very light bleeding for 4 days. After doing research I found out this was a withdrawal bleed from going off bcp. I assume it's fairly common, but wanted to know if I count my CD1 from my AF or from the withdrawal bleed. Can anyone help to answer?    Ive search in a lot of posts and sites but can't really find the answer! At any rate my DH and I have been doing the BD all month. I've decided not to chart this month until I get AF... Who still has not come!    Thanks! 

I just got of BCP as well as-of 4/29 and only spotted that day through 5/3. That first bit is your withdraw bleed. When you had an actual flow, that may have been you actually ovulating and having an actual period. I would count my CD1 as the first day of blood after your withdraw bleed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"