That's it. I'm calling you out.

1235»

Re: That's it. I'm calling you out.

• Options
    imageCraftyKayla:
    imagejmgcoggins:
    imageAngelSong76:
    imagemisstorie0304:

Respect each other. Your history of this board is well known. Get over it and chug some wine.

Still wondering what history you are talking about.  I don't recall any real drama before this thread.  Maybe I missed it? 

Maybe you should look at one of your own...

I don't know of any real drama here either... I guess I missed it, too.

And, Mrs. Norry, we love you here.

And I love you girls too. Way to stick together October! 

• Options
    imagebellre:
    imageSummerOH:

Wow, bravo!  I'd have to have 85k socked away to have half of our annual earnings.  You're doing quite well.

....are we supposed to be impressed by this?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No.  Why would anyone be impressed by that?  It's a pretty average income for people with advanced degrees in urban areas.  I was simply pointing out to the poster that socking away half of a year's earnings isn't always possible.  If your insecurity read something into that, that's on you.  I actually commended her for having all of those things on the list done. 

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageManda3596:

imagecwie828:
    imagemork:
    Alright! I checked back just in time for the May Mommy invasion!
    popcorn gif Pictures, Images and Photos

Sowwy. We're all huge and fat and pregnant and sitting around bored waiting to pop these babies out. We're having a wine/sushi/anti-prenatal vitamin party and you guys provided some much needed entertainment to us today. :)

I concur. Lol ... Just saw something about this on the May board and had to look. Wow ... So glad we have the group we do! Can you imagine what it will look like in here when someone says they don't want to vaccinate or so etching like that? I take my prenatals, plan to vaccinate, etc. but it is NOT at all my right to condemn those who don't.  

Vaccinating has already come up...it was pretty tame, in fact.
    Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageBrooke827:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageBrooke827:

STFU for gods sake...The point is that no matter what christy says/said you ladies atre being bitchy and nasty...What is the point? What do you get out of it? No one should be attacked period.

Oh you told us.

I have no desire to be as disgusting as you. Your a grown ass woman, If getting the last word in makes you feel better, go for it. Promise you hun I won't loose sleep over it.

Don't worry sweetie, I won't LOSE sleep over it either. 

No snark at all, this is an honest question - what do you get out of being so mean?  Does it make you feel better about yourself?  I don't understand mean girls.  Or women that are proud to be considered a b!tch.  Standing up and being assertive is one thing, being a b!tch is another. 

• Options

Truth: I also rarely take my prenatals because I don't feel like being sick. They make me feel like crap and this is something I've talked over with my OB several times. She's perfectly okay with me not taking them, and said from the beginning that they aren't nearly as important as you all would like them to be.

She also said the second head they noted on my last ultrasound is a direct result of my selfish decision to deprive my child of...what did you all call it? Essential nutrients? But hey, NBD.

For real, get over yourselves. 

• Options
    imagejmgcoggins:
    imageAngelSong76:
    imagemisstorie0304:

Respect each other. Your history of this board is well known. Get over it and chug some wine.

Still wondering what history you are talking about.  I don't recall any real drama before this thread.  Maybe I missed it? 

Maybe you should look at one of your own...

One of my posts?  I rarely create posts, and when I do, they turn out pretty tame.  Still not sure what you are talking about.  

But it doesn't really matter.  I love our board and everyone on it!  :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageSummerOH:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageBrooke827:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageBrooke827:

STFU for gods sake...The point is that no matter what christy says/said you ladies atre being bitchy and nasty...What is the point? What do you get out of it? No one should be attacked period.

Oh you told us.

I have no desire to be as disgusting as you. Your a grown ass woman, If getting the last word in makes you feel better, go for it. Promise you hun I won't loose sleep over it.

No snark at all, this is an honest question - what do you get out of being so mean?  Does it make you feel better about yourself?  I don't understand mean girls.  Or women that are proud to be considered a b!tch.  Standing up and being assertive is one thing, being a b!tch is another. 

Considering the fact that NO one I know, IRL or online, considers me "so mean, yeah I feel okay about myself. I AM an assertive person, I'm also honest and upfront. When people invaded this thread on my BMB yeah, I went on the defense. I'm not gonna let people come over and tell me how horrible I am for asserting my opinion. I'm just not.  

• Options
    imageSharon&Paul:

This is the drug I was thinking about:

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/DES+Exposure

My grandma took this. My aunt had to have a hysterectomy due to the rare form of cancer assocated with DES. So scary. Whenever I took my progesterone supplements in the first tri I thought about this.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageSummerOH:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageBrooke827:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageBrooke827:

Oh you told us.

Considering the fact that NO one I know, IRL or online, considers me "so mean, yeah I feel okay about myself. I AM an assertive person, I'm also honest and upfront. When people invaded this thread on my BMB yeah, I went on the defense. I'm not gonna let people come over and tell me how horrible I am for asserting my opinion. I'm just not.  

Fair enough.  Anyway, it looks like you've been through quite a lot to get where you are.  Congrats and good luck! 

• Options
    imageSummerOH:
    imagebellre:
    imageSummerOH:

Wow, bravo!  I'd have to have 85k socked away to have half of our annual earnings.  You're doing quite well.

No.  Why would anyone be impressed by that?  It's a pretty average income for people with advanced degrees in urban areas.  I was simply pointing out to the poster that socking away half of a year's earnings isn't always possible.  If your insecurity read something into that, that's on you.  I actually commended her for having all of those things on the list done. 

HAH....I have no insecurities. DH and I are doing just fine. But I really don't think anyone here gives a fluck about the amount you felt we all needed to be aware of.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• Options
    imageReginaLV:
    imageJnkpnch80:

Holy hell. They are grammar police here too.

With that I graciously bow out. Thanks for the entertainment. 

When someone can no longer argue their illogical point, they usually resort to attacking the person rather than the argument.  

Has nothing to do with the argument...but if you all are going to come and invade our board, at least do it with the correct grammar.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• Options
    imageSummerOH:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageSummerOH:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageBrooke827:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageBrooke827:

Oh you told us.

Fair enough.  Anyway, it looks like you've been through quite a lot to get where you are.  Congrats and good luck! 

I have, and thank you, that was rather classy of you-no sarcasm. I can play nice, too. 

• Options
    imagebellre:
    imageSummerOH:
    imagebellre:
    imageSummerOH:

HAH....I have no insecurities. DH and I are doing just fine. But I really don't think anyone here gives a fluck about the amount you felt we all needed to be aware of.

Sigh...again, it wasn't to inform anyone of my personal situation, but rather to make a point that it's not always feasible or neccessary for a person to have half a year's earnings socked away.  Again, it's not even that much money and I'm def. not a braggart on stupid things.  Sheesh, you guys are cutthroat!  But I guess I get it - it's your board and people like me are on here.  So I respectfully bow out...congrats and good luck!

• Options
    imageshaw.heather2:

well there goes the hair braiding and high fiving.

Ha!  Right?  Spoke too soon. 

My pregnancy blog: Great Texpectations BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imagemdharrison:

You guys need to calm the eff down and grow up.  People are doing way worse things than not taking their prenatals and I hate to say it, but people are having healthy babies without taking any supplements.  

Her body, her baby, her choice.  You do what you want and quit being a bunch of judgemental mean girls.  

This is almost as bad as the "OMG SHE GOT A PEDICURE/ATE SUSHI/HAD COLD DELI MEAT HER BABY IS GONNA HAVE 18 HEADS" posts.  

smh. 

I agree. If you don't want to take prenatal, then don't. It's not my body or my baby. Pregnant women break "the rules" all the time, even I eat deli meat occasionally.

I find it morally repulsive to see a pregnant woman smoking a cigarette, but it's her choice to make, not mine.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have taken prenatals for a total of like two weeks. If you eat the proper foods, you get your vitamins and nutrients from your diet. It is always better to get that stuff from your diet anyway. There are studies that have shown that prenatals are not necessary if you have proper nutrition. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBananaBlitz:
    imagecelestialnyte:

Please raise your hand if you do each of these things every.single.day.

*Exercise at least 20 minutes. 

*Drink at LEAST eight 8 oz glasses of water a day. 

*Do Kegels.

*Visit the bathroom quite often and don't hold your urine. 

*Take a nap 

*Have a bowel movement (at least one, you should have 2 or more)

How about these things you should've done already. 

*Go to the dentist

*Discuss creating a will

*Discuss childcare options

*Have 1/2 a year of earnings in a savings account just in case. 

...Anyone get all of them? I didn't think so. Worry about your own d@mn babies and quit worrying about someone else's. Good god I hope your children don't turn out as judgmental as you all.

Actually, I can answer yes to all of the above!

Really? After all that has been going on on this thread you take this moment to be the brown nosed kid in the front that keeps raising her hand to impress the teacher with all the the perfect answers while the rest of the class rolls their eyes behind her??

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageSummerOH:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageBrooke827:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageBrooke827:

Oh you told us.

to quote out May 2012-ers.... For entertainment, keep up.
  • Options
    imageamelianickel:

My Dr. told me  that prentatals (with the exception of folic acid in the first tri) are not necessary if you have a healthy diet. This is a direct quote from the printed literature I received from my Drs office: "There is no evidence that taking vitamins after the first trimester benefits the baby."

I have no idea what's going on with this Christy woman and her vitamins, but I think all this reliance on prenatals is misplaced and not medically supported.

this exactly. and every adult woman has a right to make her own adult decisions. everyone is entitled to their own opinions but grow up you ladies are going to be moms.

• Options

imageNicolet3825:
    I have taken prenatals for a total of like two weeks. If you eat the proper foods, you get your vitamins and nutrients from your diet. It is always better to get that stuff from your diet anyway. There are studies that have shown that prenatals are not necessary if you have proper nutrition. 

this 

Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • Options

i dont take a PV with iron. My MW isn't concerned.

I never get involved with online drama but seriously WTH are you to tell her what to do?

• Options
    KNemoKNemo member
    imageAngelSong76:
    imagemisstorie0304:

Pretty sure that the reputation they speak of belongs to the Oct 2011 board. They love to stage NIP demonstrations and invade boards with prank threads. Same month, different years rocket scientists! And FWIW, I don't give 2 sh!ts what people do with their bodies!
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options
    I deff dont want to step on any toes but my dr took me off my prenatals for 3 weeks till I got past the point where my hormones would balance out because i was really constipated to the point where i was going in and having them help me go to the bathroom, I just started taking them again yesterday but my dr was the one that told me not to take them,maybe she had the same thing? Again I dont want to step on any toes but just figured Id say something.
  • Options

imagekaraosb:
    I deff dont want to step on any toes but my dr took me off my prenatals for 3 weeks till I got past the point where my hormones would balance out because i was really constipated to the point where i was going in and having them help me go to the bathroom, I just started taking them again yesterday but my dr was the one that told me not to take them,maybe she had the same thing? Again I dont want to step on any toes but just figured Id say something.

If it's something the doctor told you to do, I don't think anyone would ever judge you for that.

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • Options

imageKNemo:
    Pretty sure that the reputation they speak of belongs to the Oct 2011 board. They love to stage NIP demonstrations and invade boards with prank threads. Same month, different years rocket scientists! And FWIW, I don't give 2 sh!ts what people do with their bodies!

Please don't hate.  Our kids are in bed, which means we're too drunk to defend ourselves.

• Options
    imageoverture:

imageKNemo:

Please don't hate.  Our kids are in bed, which means we're too drunk to defend ourselves.

This is by far the best thing I have read in this thread.

I can't hate, I'm just jealous! 

DD 9/15/12
  • Options
    imageorgnlmama:
    imageSummerOH:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageBrooke827:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageBrooke827:

Oh you told us.

to quote out May 2012-ers.... For entertainment, keep up.
    LOL!
    Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageoverture:

imageKNemo:

You girls have a well deserved rep because you're all cray cray, but I love the hell out of you! This statement here overture is too funny, now go back to your drama filled board! xoxo

• Options
    KNemoKNemo member
    imageMackalien13:
    imageffejsGirl:
    imageoverture:

imageKNemo:

You girls have a well deserved rep because you're all cray cray, but I love the hell out of you! This statement here overture is too funny, now go back to your drama filled board! xoxo

We usually don't have enough drama on our own board, hence why we create it elsewhere. 

Overture, your awesomeness needs no defending. In fact, I kinda love the hell outta you ladies! You make my boring Tuesday naptimes bearable! Especially the "can I be pregnant if I only have sex up the butt?" threads on 1st Tri!

ETA: Missing & misspelled sh!t

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options

TO THE WOMAN REFERENCED IN THE OP:

Have you considered taking gummy vitamins?  From prior posts in this thread, I got the impression that the reason you were not taking PNV's was because they made you sick.  I have had severe nausea, too, and the regular PNV's made it worse.  I would sometimes regurgitate them or gag on them when I tried to swallow them...thus, I switched to the gummy vitamins.  They do not have iron, but it sounds like you are good on that front. Just thought I would throw it out there as a suggestion.  :)

Also, I know that you say you are eating a healthy diet, but sometimes we still don't get 100% of what we need everyday from just healthy eating.  And the blood tests doctor's run are only a snapshot of one moment in time and they don't test for all possible things your baby and you may need.  There could be other days when you are short on the needed nutrients, minerals and vitamins. Not trying to flame. Just inform.

And I know alot of people on this thread made the argument that women and babies got by for centuries without PNV's.  While this may be true, the average lifespan was also alot shorter in the past. And more women and children died in pregnancy and childbirth. And the infant mortality rate was higher.  To me this argument is about the equivalent of saying that we should stop taking antibiotics when we get an infection because some people in the past survived without them.  When we know better, we do better.

At the end of the day, taking a PNV doesn't hurt anything, is cheap and is recommended by the vast majority of legitimate medical professionals and medical organizations. Most of the extra vitamins your body doesn't need will be excreted in your urine and no amount in just a single day's dose of a PNV would cause you any harm even if you do get a little extra. On the other hand, while your baby may not have two heads, things like spina bifida are a real concern. Why not take them?

Again, I'm not trying to judge you or anyone else who doesn't take PNV's.  That is absolutely your choice. But, I did want share my perspective out of concern and because I find that when most people know better, they do better. :)

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    i thought the whole point of flame free friday was that it was flame free...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    morkmork member

imageolp920:
    i thought the whole point of flame free friday was that it was flame free...

Nothing on TB is EVER flame free, no matter what the thread title is. 

Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Options
    Yea, I'm really scared :/ lmao
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imageKNemo:
    imageMackalien13:
    imageffejsGirl:
    imageoverture:

imageKNemo:

We usually don't have enough drama on our own board, hence why we create it elsewhere. 

Overture, your awesomeness needs no defending. In fact, I kinda love the hell outta you ladies! You make my boring Tuesday naptimes bearable! Especially the "can I be pregnant if I only have sex up the butt?" threads on 1st Tri!

ETA: Missing & misspelled sh!t

I'm so glad we are appreciated somewhere!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"