October 2012 Moms
Options

That's it. I'm calling you out.

Re: That's it. I'm calling you out.

• Options

I'm going to say if you eat a very balanced diet, you do not NEED a prenatal supplement. I have been working on cutting back on synthetic supplements and sticking with natural sources of the vitamins my baby needs lately. 

For those that said she needs folic acid, it's only VERY important in the 1st Trimester

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/nutrition/whyneedfolicacid/

"Once you are into your second trimester, from week 13 of your pregnancy, you can stop taking the supplements. Taking them throughout pregnancy won't harm you or your baby, though. "

In any case, I don't know Christy's background well enough to say whether her diet is helping her reach her nutritional needs. I can say, the blanket statement that EVERYONE needs a prenatal in the 2nd tri or that EVERYONE needs one with iron is false, however.  

DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • Options
    imageChristyML:
    imageCraftyKayla:

She posts stupid stuff on the baby shower board all the time too. I doubt this will stop her from doing anything.

I'll take some of that popcorn!:)

There are so many things I could say about you, but I'm choosing not to. Why are you being so rude? You wanna fit in with the others? 

Lol you can say whatever you want. I don't know you, and I don't care what you think about me. I'm just happy to be here for this, because you deserve to hear it if you're not giving your baby prenatals because you're going to "feel sick" for a little bit... Maybe I'm just a MEAN GIRL for thinking that.

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just an FYI for ChristyML and anyone else who's not taking a prenatal with iron.  I was taking a prenatal with iron during my last pregancy and still ended up mildly anemic in the 3rd tri.  My Dr. said I could either take an iron supplement or eat Total cereal everyday.  The Total cereal was an AWESOME compromise.  It didn't upset my stomach, and they make like 10 different varieties of Total (or at least they did back then) so it was easy to find a flavor I liked. And a plus, it's not like you are going to forget to eat breakfast, so you know you'll get it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    imageCLLDLL:

Just an FYI for ChristyML and anyone else who's not taking a prenatal with iron.  I was taking a prenatal with iron during my last pregancy and still ended up mildly anemic in the 3rd tri.  My Dr. said I could either take an iron supplement or eat Total cereal everyday.  The Total cereal was an AWESOME compromise.  It didn't upset my stomach, and they make like 10 different varieties of Total (or at least they did back then) so it was easy to find a flavor I liked. And a plus, it's not like you are going to forget to eat breakfast, so you know you'll get it.  

I love eating dry cereal, and I think Total would definitely be a great compromise for me. I'll have to go check it out! Thanks for the advice! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Let me preface this by saying I'm only in this forum because I lurk from time to time as my sis is due Oct. 1 and I periodically send her helpful info I see.  She refuses to join because of all the cattiness that went on in The Knot.  Work is slow today and this post caught my eye. :) 

Anyway, prenatals are not essential to having a healthy baby.  You probably should take them but, as long as you've cleared it with your doctor, not taking them doesn't make you a horrible, evil person.  Prenatal vitamins are a pretty new development in the grand scheme of the human race.  The reason most doctors push them so strongly is that an alarming percentage of Americans are disgustingly obese creatures that live on McDonald's and consider pickles and french fries vegetables.  I personally wouldn't risk it and have been taking them since before TTC, but a person isn't stupid or bad for not taking them.  There are many women out there who don't realize they're even pregnant until past the first trimester, the time most essential to development, and their kids are fine.  I think some women go waaay overboard on the hysteria and fear.  If humans were that delicate, none of us would be here. 

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Options
    imageSummerOH:
    Let me preface this by saying I'm only in this forum because I lurk from time to time as my sis is due Oct. 1 and I periodically send her helpful info I see.  She refuses to join because of all the cattiness that went on in The Knot.  Work is slow today and this post caught my eye. :) 

Anyway, prenatals are not essential to having a healthy baby.  You probably should take them but, as long as you've cleared it with your doctor, not taking them doesn't make you a horrible, evil person.  Prenatal vitamins are a pretty new development in the grand scheme of the human race.  The reason most doctors push them so strongly is that an alarming percentage of Americans are disgustingly obese creatures that live on McDonald's and consider pickles and french fries vegetables.  I personally wouldn't risk it and have been taking them since before TTC, but a person isn't stupid or bad for not taking them.  There are many women out there who don't realize they're even pregnant until past the first trimester, the time most essential to development, and their kids are fine.  I think some women go waaay overboard on the hysteria and fear.  If humans were that delicate, none of us would be here. 

....She hasn't cleared it with her doctor. She stated that the nurse in fact called her and told her to start taking prenatals with Iron. 

While it's true that humans have gotten by many years without taking prenatals, they also used to think it was okay to smoke and drink during pregnancy. Now we know better. Doctors suggest taking prenatals for a reason. If her doctor told her to do it, she needs to do it, bottom line. 

• Options

imagemork:
    Based on her history on this board, as well as TTGP, ChristyML either loves to stir up drama, or is a complete idiot.  Either way, many people have called her out (both in her threads and by starting new threads), and it has not, and I dare say, will not, change her behavior.  

I, personally, don't believe a word she types, and I think her "confession" was purely another attempt to start drama, thereby bringing more attention to herself.  I don't know whether she's taking her PNVs or not, nor whether she's even pregnant.  It does make for good bump-opera though.  Anybody want some popcorn? 

Photobucket 

ETA: forgot PIP!

Agreed... but the drama lover in me just doesn't want her to go. I love the frequent opportunities she provides me to roll my eyes and giggle at her ridiculousness. And I think it's even better that she would never DD or GBCB, but truly believes in what the voices in her head are telling her to do. Don't leave Christy, this bumpie would miss you! 

• Options
    "But I thought you were a bad mother if you didn't take prenatal vitamins. In fact, before I became so ill, I purchased a jug of prenatal vitamins that included every possible herb that might benefit my brand new embryo. Because you're better safe than sorry, right? Shouldn't everyone take a multivitamin?

According to my doctor, that's not right. And he's not alone. In February, a study published in Archives of Internal Medicine showed that daily multivitamin use doesn't ward off cancer or heart disease, even though a nutrient-rich diet does.

Charles Lockwood, MD, the chief of obstetrics and gynecology at Yale-New Haven Hospital, confirmed my doctor's advice: "If you eat a balanced diet and are not iron deficient, it is not clear that prenatal vitamins result in any health benefits during pregnancy."

My doctor then referred me to Williams Obstetrics, the essential source of information for ob-gyns. In the 17th edition, I discovered this passage:

"The practice of supplying vitamin supplements prenatally is a deeply ingrained habit of many obstetricians, even though scientific evidence to show that the usual vitamin supplements are of benefit to either the mother or her fetus is quite meager."

Why doesn't anyone know this? I read on to discover the Committee on Maternal Nutrition of the National Research Council pointed out that pregnancy supplements are of doubtful value, "except for iron and possibly folic acid."

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageSummerOH:

....She hasn't cleared it with her doctor. She stated that the nurse in fact called her and told her to start taking prenatals with Iron. 

While it's true that humans have gotten by many years without taking prenatals, they also used to think it was okay to smoke and drink during pregnancy. Now we know better. Doctors suggest taking prenatals for a reason. If her doctor told her to do it, she needs to do it, bottom line. 

Not true. There was a drug, which I believe was a fertility drug in the 1970s that caused infertility issues for daughter's of mother's who took it. The name of the drug is not coming to me, but this drug is well known for causes many issues and was later pulled from them market. 

Not everything you doctor recommends is always safe. You need to do you own research and make up your own mind in the end.

• Options
    imageMrs.G123:

imagesjgurl784:
    Your posts have been making me twitchy for a while now, but that FFFC of yours put me over the edge. 

So you haven't recently contemplated turning your adult sibling in to the police because you felt a civic duty to tell them about his pot-smoking habit?!

Seriously?? So she'll call the cops on someone else but doesn't think it's anyone's business to tell her to take her prenatal. Okay, great. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageSharon&Paul:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageSummerOH:

Not true. There was a drug, which I believe was a fertility drug in the 1970s that caused babies to be born with missing extremities. The name of the drug is not coming to me, but this drug is well known for causes many issues and was later pulled from them market. Also females born to mothers who took this drug are no infertile. Not everything you doctor recommends is always safe. You need to do you own research and make up your own mind in the end.

This isn't the 1970's, sweetie. It's 2012. We're not talking some random drug, we're talking a freaking prenatal vitamin. I agree that women should be their own advocates and do their research during their pregnancies. But anyone who thinks that taking a prenatal is going to harm their unborn child is dense. Besides, that's not even her defense. She just doesn't want to take it because she doesn't want to feel sick. That's selfish and moronic. 

• Options
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageSummerOH:

The nurse didn't call me. I was sitting in the office. She was giving me basic crap that she said she routinely tells everyone when she told me to start taking the ones with iron in them. She hadn't seen any of my blood work. She was basing everything off of what she tells everyone else.

• Options
    imagesjgurl784:
    ChristyML, you need to stop posting until you start taking your prenatal vitamins (WITH IRON) on a regular effing basis.  Your gross misconduct and ridiculous reasoning for not taking them "for over a month" is absolutely unacceptable and completely irresponsible.  Your posts have been making me twitchy for a while now, but that FFFC of yours put me over the edge. 

I accidentally wound up on this board today and I just couldn't hold my tongue. Some of you *charming* ladies are straight up BSC. If this girl doesn't want to take her vitamins, what concern is it of yours? You have no right to tell her ANYTHING. Let's just all take a moment and remember that women have been popping out babies for thousands of years...*gasp* even before prenatal vitamins were invented. I'm pretty sure all those millions of babies that were born before prenatal vitamins were trendy did not walk around with a third eyeball or something. Calm the eff down!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Just a May mom sticking her head in to say that you all are a bunch of bullies who need to learn to not be so judgmental. Based on kindergarten cut-off dates, it looks like my child will be a year ahead of yours in school, which I'm quite thankful for, because who knows what kinds of things you might scream at me for doing down the road if our kids were in the same class.

I learned about this thread from another group, who posted this link saying, "Can you believe how terrible these women are being?" I had heard that the October 2012 board had a reputation for for being drama queens, and now I see why.

Flame me if you want to-- I don't care. But I can't believe how ridiculous you all are.

• Options
    imageChristyML:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageSummerOH:

The nurse didn't call me. I was sitting in the office. She was giving me basic crap that she said she routinely tells everyone when she told me to start taking the ones with iron in them. She hadn't seen any of my blood work. She was basing everything off of what she tells everyone else.

Okay, fine. Then why didn't you simply speak up and say "I don't feel comfortable taking the prenatals with iron unless I NEED to, I will just be taking the regular prenatals until the doctor tells me otherwise." Simple. Not "Oh, I'm not going to take prenatals because I don't want to feel sick." That's selfish. 

Besides, many people have given you suggestions about when to take them to make sure you don't feel sick, etc. You won't even try it. That's also selfish. 

• Options
    Gasp....I haven't taken them in I don't know how long--- OH SHYT and I'm a nurse... Get the fluck over yourselves.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh sh!!t...I haven't taken my prenatals since December.  Someone call CPS!!!  Indifferent
  • Options
    imagemdharrison:

You guys need to calm the eff down and grow up.  People are doing way worse things than not taking their prenatals and I hate to say it, but people are having healthy babies without taking any supplements.  

Her body, her baby, her choice.  You do what you want and quit being a bunch of judgemental mean girls.  

This is almost as bad as the "OMG SHE GOT A PEDICURE/ATE SUSHI/HAD COLD DELI MEAT HER BABY IS GONNA HAVE 18 HEADS" posts.  

smh. 

That reminds me. I went to Subway yesterday and didn't get it toasted. Which one of you is going to call DCFS to report me?

• Options

I haven't taken them in, uh...***...forever. Like over 2 months, maybe I've taken it 4 times. First tri I took it a couple times, but made me ober sick, which is worse. My baby is just fine and dandy! Call CPS on me if you must.

OH and I've had a few glasses of wine throughout this pregnancy and oh wait...cold LUNCH MEAT. My daughter must be doomed. Damn.

You guys are ridiculous and pathetic. 

BabyFetus Ticker
    baby
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    danceonacloud.blogspot.com
  • Options
    imagemeganmgmiller:

Just a May mom sticking her head in to say that you all are a bunch of bullies who need to learn to not be so judgmental. Based on kindergarten cut-off dates, it looks like my child will be a year ahead of yours in school, which I'm quite thankful for, because who knows what kinds of things you might scream at me for doing down the road if our kids were in the same class.

I learned about this thread from another group, who posted this link saying, "Can you believe how terrible these women are being?" I had heard that the October 2012 board had a reputation for for being drama queens, and now I see why.

Flame me if you want to-- I don't care. But I can't believe how ridiculous you all are.

This group is pretty snarky.  I don't blame my sis for not wanting to be exposed to such hateful negativity.  It's crazy!  Not to be all sappy, but women have enough to deal with without having catty women constantly coming at them.  I thought the purpose of TB is to find support and helpful advice.

For the record - thalidomide used to be commonly prescribed to treat m/s.  Babies ended up being born without limbs.  Doctors used to think it was fine for mothers to smoke and drink during pregnancy.  So yeah, not everything your doctor tells you is right all the time.  If you eat a well-balanced diet and take care of yourself, pre-natals aren't 100% needed.  Most of our foods these days are fortified with extra vitamins, anyway.  I'm taking them but I don't bash those that don't.  I didn't start with DD until I found out I was pregnant...at four months...and she's smart as a whip. 

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Options
    imagemeganmgmiller:
    That reminds me. I went to Subway yesterday and didn't get it toasted. Which one of you is going to call DCFS to report me?

OH SHYT... yep--you're done for. I had lobster bisque soup the other day--delish. I've also eaten raw cookie dough at last 20x since December--FML... Wonder how the doctor is gonna get the baby's second head out... bet it's gonna her like a biitch. Guess I better get extra drugs to help out.

• Options
    morkmork member
    Alright! I checked back just in time for the May Mommy invasion!
    popcorn gif Pictures, Images and Photos
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Options
    imagemisstorie0304:

I haven't taken them in, uh...***...forever. Like over 2 months, maybe I've taken it 4 times. First tri I took it a couple times, but made me ober sick, which is worse. My baby is just fine and dandy! Call CPS on me if you must.

OH and I've had a few glasses of wine throughout this pregnancy and oh wait...cold LUNCH MEAT. My daughter must be doomed. Damn.

Oh your daughter is doomed alright... She's gonna have my daughter as one her friends... better start drinking on the vodka now--keeps her mellow during the birthing process. Oh and the doctor said it's a-okay to keep doing the heroine, JUST STOP THE POT!

• Options
    imagemork:

Sowwy. We're all huge and fat and pregnant and sitting around bored waiting to pop these babies out. We're having a wine/sushi/anti-prenatal vitamin party and you guys provided some much needed entertainment to us today. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejmgcoggins:
    imagemeganmgmiller:

OH SHYT... yep--you're done for. I had lobster bisque soup the other day--delish. I've also eaten raw cookie dough at last 20x since December--FML... Wonder how the doctor is gonna get the baby's second head out... bet it's gonna her like a biitch. Guess I better get extra drugs to help out.

RAW COOKIE DOUGH? You sick woman!
    Wait...i LOVE me some brownie batter, white wine, and I had some sushi the other night...raw tuna, nom.

BabyFetus Ticker
    baby
  • Options

Oh FFS. I haven't taken a prenatal since October. And FWIW, I never took prenatals with my previous 3 kids either.

Get over yourselves.

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagemisstorie0304:

RAW COOKIE DOUGH? You sick woman!
    Wait...i LOVE me some brownie batter, white wine, and I had some sushi the other night...raw tuna, nom.

Really?!?! White wine... pssht--I said fluck it and went straight to the scotch.

• Options
    *Sarcasm font* Oh NOOOES Christy your baby is obviously going to have drain bramage from all that dangerous activity you've been participating in. How DARE you not take those vitamins! Thats worse than getting drunk and doing the marijuana! We better all tell you what a terrible mother we think you care because beating you up on the internet and trying to upset you is OBVIOUSLY the right way for us bitches to handle something like this. Better yet, we should call the POLICE!!!!    
  • Options
    morkmork member

imagecwie828:
    imagemork:

Sowwy. We're all huge and fat and pregnant and sitting around bored waiting to pop these babies out. We're having a wine/sushi/anti-prenatal vitamin party and you guys provided some much needed entertainment to us today. :)

Hey, I'm just enjoying the show!  You guys just added a new sub-plot: board-against-board drama. Wink 

Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Options
    imagejmgcoggins:
    imagemisstorie0304:

Oh your daughter is doomed alright... She's gonna have my daughter as one her friends... better start drinking on the vodka now--keeps her mellow during the birthing process. Oh and the doctor said it's a-okay to keep doing the heroine, JUST STOP THE POT!

Not the HEROINE :/ I had some Jack Daniels to wash down the castor oil yesterday. MMMM. 

BOSSY. I shall try the meth...my birth mom did it with me, and I turned out with 4 limbs, 10 fingers and 10 toes, one head. 

BabyFetus Ticker
    baby
  • Options
    imageHuskerBabyB:

Oh FFS. I haven't taken a prenatal since October. And FWIW, I never took prenatals with my previous 3 kids either.

Get over yourselves.

Then hey you're doing pretty damn good... 1 for 4 :)

• Options
    I am never leaving the house again.  I go to a training for a few hours, come back, and it's like the world is ending!  Maybe I can find a work from home job...
    My pregnancy blog: Great Texpectations BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Just throwing it out there- I didn't take my PNV from week 7 to 24 because my doctor told me NOT to. 

Also- I eat sushi once or twice a week.

I also take baths

I enjoy deli meat

And I dye my hair.  

• Options
    imagemisstorie0304:

Not the HEROINE :/ I had some Jack Daniels to wash down the castor oil yesterday. MMMM. 

BOSSY. I shall try the meth...my birth mom did it with me, and I turned out with 4 limbs, 10 fingers and 10 toes, one head. 

Damnit woman! You're still drunk... I said to KEEP taking the heroine--stop the pot! I heard meth makes some awesome women when they grow up.

• Options
    imagemork:

imagecwie828:
    imagemork:

Hey, I'm just enjoying the show!  You guys just added a new sub-plot: board-against-board drama. Wink 

Fo realz.  I think this should be a Friday tradition. Every board picks another board and then goes to town! 

My pregnancy blog: Great Texpectations BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imageAliciaS1411:

Just throwing it out there- I didn't take my PNV from week 7 to 24 because my doctor told me NOT to. 

Also- I eat sushi once or twice a week.

I also take baths

I enjoy deli meat

And I dye my hair.  

YOU DYE YOUR HAIR? Your done for!

BabyFetus Ticker
    baby
  • Options

Please raise your hand if you do each of these things every.single.day.

*Exercise at least 20 minutes. 

*Drink at LEAST eight 8 oz glasses of water a day. 

*Do Kegels.

*Visit the bathroom quite often and don't hold your urine. 

*Take a nap 

*Have a bowel movement (at least one, you should have 2 or more)

How about these things you should've done already. 

*Go to the dentist

*Discuss creating a will

*Discuss childcare options

*Have 1/2 a year of earnings in a savings account just in case. 

...Anyone get all of them? I didn't think so. Worry about your own d@mn babies and quit worrying about someone else's. Good god I hope your children don't turn out as judgmental as you all.

• Options
    imagejmgcoggins:
    imagemisstorie0304:

Damnit woman! You're still drunk... I said to KEEP taking the heroine--stop the pot! I heard meth makes some awesome women when they grow up.

But pot relaxes me and stops the contractions....

BabyFetus Ticker
    baby
  • Options
    imagesassenma:
    imagemork:

imagecwie828:
    imagemork:

Fo realz.  I think this should be a Friday tradition. Every board picks another board and then goes to town! 

Funny, I don't even post on the May board...I just hear about your non-sense through other things and find Octomoms are quite ridiculous.

BabyFetus Ticker
    baby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"