New Mexico Babies
Options

VBAC?

Anyone do or know someone who has done a VBAC in NM?  I had to have a cesarean with my son because he was a preemie, and in distress, but my Dr even said as she was sewing me up that I would be a good VBAC candidate in the future.  We may be moving to NM in the fall, and I recently came across the ICAN list here (https://www.cesareanrates.com/new-mexico/) and it looks like most NM hospitals ban VBAC.  Specifically we'd be moving to Los Alamos area, if anyone is around there. 
TTC #1 June 2010
1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
TTC #4
5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Re: VBAC?

• Options

I'm in Los Alamos, but I'm new and can't really answer your question. :(

There is a place called "Birthing Tree" in Santa Fe that you could look up - I don't think it's a birth center, but they seem to have a lot of resources and might be able to help you. There's also a new birth center in Los Ranchos (outside Albuquerque) called Dar a Luz. 

• Options
    When I had my c-section I was told I will always have to have a C-Section in the state of New Mexico. If you can have a VBAC that would be awesome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was under the impression that there is a hospital in ABQ that does VBACs. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm in Los Alamos and I know the hospital here doesn't allow them  :(  I'm not sure about Santa Fe, I know they are very natural birth friendly, but I haven't looked at their VBAC policies.  I do know one person that had a VBAC home birth, if you are interested in that option and I can find out who her midwife was.  I had DS and will have this LO at the birth center in Taos, for some reason I think the midwives can't do VBACs at the birth center, but can for home births, I'm sure they would be happy to talk to you about it.

I'm going to message you my email address so you can write me if you want info on kid friendly things in LA.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"