February 2011 Moms
Options

1st Birthday Cake

Are you going to make your own healthy baby cake (carrot cake, cake with low sugar, or something from a healthy first birthday cake site) or are you going to go with a traditional cake (and let your child try out their sweet tooth for the first time)?   

Re: 1st Birthday Cake

• Options

For the smash cake we made it organic but it was a regular full sugared box mix.  Really by the time he mushed it all up, I don't think he actually ate a whole lot. Beside I let him have animal crackers and bites of other treats every now and then.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hahaha - try sugar for the first time! Cate has dabbled in the world of sugar a few times in her first year. Her cake is going to be full on normal Birthday cake. Sugary, frosted delciousness!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Regular sugary goodness. We don't give her sweets, and probably won't use her birthday as an excuse to start. But, everyone deserves cake on their birthday Big Smile
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options

I considered telling the lady at the bakery to make the cake without using sugar. Then I figured it's his first birthday and he's going to make more of a mess then eat it.

We let him tear up a cupcake at 6 months so it wasn't the first time he had sugar.

Maxwell's Mommy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"