May 2012 Moms
Options

Peed my pants or water leaking?

Someone please tell that this is not worth worrying about! 

Yesterday at church, after sitting for 30 minutes listening to the sermon, we stood up to sing the last song.  As soon as I stood up, I felt a gush of liquid coming out of me.  I immediately went to the bathroom, and my pantyliner was soaked.  

I called the on-call doctor and he said it could possibly be urine, not my water.  He said to keep an eye on it and if it continues to go to L&D.  Well, I went home and changed my liner.  I was on my feet most of the day cleaning for a Super Bowl party, and I never felt anymore gushing.  I even laid down to watch some Mad Men and I fell asleep, when I got up I didn't feel any more come out.  

By the end of the day, the 2nd liner I put on wasn't wet like the first one--just discharge mainly.  It still seemed to be wet whenever I wiped after I went to the bathroom, but I didn't know if it was just discharge or if I was looking for things.  

I never thought I'd say this, but I really hope I just peed myself.  My doctor's office opens in 40 minutes, and I'm going to call again to see if they want to check me.  But I'm hoping someone else has gone through this to ease my mind.  

Married on August 23, 2008 Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Peed my pants or water leaking?

• Options
    my doctor told me that if your water is leaking it would be continuous not just 1 time so I'd say it's probably urine. good luck though HTH
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'd say to go in to the office - just for piece of mine. When you call them, tell them you need to come in to be checked. Don't ask them! You'll feel much better when I'm sure they'll tell you, "You just peed yourself!" :-)

--Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't have a gush, but I have had a little leakage and I have my ob check me.  She said it was just urine.  I now can feel the baby move or kick my bladder occasionally and sometimes that will cause me to leak a little.  Gross...I know...
  • Options
    Were you able to smell it at all? Amniotic fluid supposedly has a very distinct smell, something between semen and rich soil. Others say it smells like almonds and chlorine. Your pee shouldn't smell like any of those things, though! Since I tend to have a ridiculous amount of discharge that often soaks through pajamas, I am planning on doing sniff tests when I get closer to my EDD, to make sure it's really all just discharge.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

FWIW when my water broke, I never had a gush and I had a 'slow leak' for the first 3-4 hours. I was only 35 weeks so when I felt a trickle down my leg I thought I was experiencing some crazy pregnancy incontinence. Went to the bathroom and when I stood up again, it was still slowly trickling down my leg. I was in denial for a few minutes, but it was pretty clear what was going on. Oh and there was no smell or color at all.

I believe only about 20% of women actually have their water break outside of the hospital, and a much smaller percentage have slow leaks. Yes it is very rare, but it does happen where someone gets a small tear and has a leak, but most likely it is urine/discharge.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMamasaurus:
    Were you able to smell it at all? Amniotic fluid supposedly has a very distinct smell, something between semen and rich soil. Others say it smells like almonds and chlorine. Your pee shouldn't smell like any of those things, though! Since I tend to have a ridiculous amount of discharge that often soaks through pajamas, I am planning on doing sniff tests when I get closer to my EDD, to make sure it's really all just discharge.

I didn't think to smell it, but my liner has a slight yellow tint to it when the liquid had dried and I changed it.  There wasn't enough of an odor to overwhelm me in either direction.  

• Options
    imagehoping4sticky:

FWIW when my water broke, I never had a gush and I had a 'slow leak' for the first 3-4 hours. I was only 35 weeks so when I felt a trickle down my leg I thought I was experiencing some crazy pregnancy incontinence. Went to the bathroom and when I stood up again, it was still slowly trickling down my leg. I was in denial for a few minutes, but it was pretty clear what was going on. Oh and there was no smell or color at all.

I believe only about 20% of women actually have their water break outside of the hospital, and a much smaller percentage have slow leaks. Yes it is very rare, but it does happen where someone gets a small tear and has a leak, but most likely it is urine/discharge.

So you started leaking but then had more of it later?  I just had that one time gush and there nothing else other than wetness and discharge.  No increase in volume, and that's what I expected if it was my water.  

• Options

A few days ago I woke up in the morning and went to the bathroom, I noticed my panties were wet, like way more so than from discharge. I started wearing panty liners months ago, but lately I haven't needed them as much so it's kinda on and off. I was scared it might be fluid rather than urine since I wake up in the night to pee, so my bladder can't be that full. I did the sniff test and although it did not smell strongly, I'm pretty sure it was urine.

So I've been cautious the past few days. Just yesterday I told my BFF and another friend that so far I haven't snissed! Thank goodness, but I may have jynxed myself.

This morning when I went to get out of bed, when I stood up I feel a trickle down my leg. I had just peed less than an hour and half prior, but sure enough, I peed myself Embarrassed Now atleast I know that it wasn't my water breaking and slowly leaking all this time..

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary

• Options
    I would say baby had likely settled on your bladder!  But if you are feeling really uncomfortable still go in for a doctor appointment. 
  • Options

imagewinter-shock:
    I would say baby had likely settled on your bladder!  But if you are feeling really uncomfortable still go in for a doctor appointment. 

I called when they opened an hour and 20 minutes ago and left a message with my doctor's nurse.  I'm hoping she'll call be back during lunch or soon.  

• Options
    So the nurse just called me back and said if it happens again to go straight to L&D and they'll able to tell if it's my water or pee.  I really hope this doesn't happen more times, because I'd hate to go to L&D every time I peed myself.  LOL!  Big Smile
  • Options

imageHollyR1129:
    So the nurse just called me back and said if it happens again to go straight to L&D and they'll able to tell if it's my water or pee.  I really hope this doesn't happen more times, because I'd hate to go to L&D every time I peed myself.  LOL!  Big Smile

It happens to the best of us. Stick out tongue

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"