TTC after 35

Pregnancy Signs-confused

So, we are TTC and I am not sure if I am pregnant.  I have symptoms, which seem to mimic PMS, so I am not sure how to tell except to wait until I miss my period.  And it's not due until Wed or Thursday (Jan 3rd or 4th) of next week.  I've been spotting since Christmas, my breasts are super-tender and I am having low back pain.  

I am not convinced that I am pregnant, but I am not 'not' convinced, either.  Any suggestions?  I was going to search the boards, but they aren't easy to search.  Any tips are appreciated on that, too!

Thanks and Happy New Year! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pregnancy Signs-confused

• Early pregnancy signs are exactly the same as PMS symptoms. No way of knowing until you test. Since you are till a week out, it's likely that you would get a BFN anyhow. So, nothing for it, but to wait.

AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF 
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Pebbles arrived safe and sound 4/13. Placenta accreta found.
    Op hysteroscopy 2/7, reopen ute/remove adhesions from accreta
    Found severe Ashermans. Fuuuuuuu... Repeat Op Hyst in March.
    Op Hyst ver 3.0 looks good so far, find out if it worked in June.
    Finally got the damn IUD out. Waiting to stop bleeding.
    SIS shows rippled funky shaped ute, but given clearance to begin sFET calendar.
    Here goes everything...
    sFET#2 BFP, ended in m/c.
    Waiting for the next Op Hysteroscopy to find out what next.
    Scratch that, retained tissue. 3rd Cytotec round.
    Another damn Op Hyst. Found and removed retained tissue.
    Pathology returned fine, no molar. Cleared for final attempt after next cycle.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • do you know when you ovulated? apart from that PMS and early pregnancy symptoms are the same

BFP#1 twins--m/c Baby B-- DC#1 DS 03/22/05 BFP#2 m/c 2006 BFP#3/DC#2 DD 10/22/09 BFP #4! EDD 9/15/12 at 9 dpo BabyFruit Ticker
  • image PetraStonegirl:

Early pregnancy signs are exactly the same as PMS symptoms. No way of knowing until you test. Since you are till a week out, it's likely that you would get a BFN anyhow. So, nothing for it, but to wait.

Agreed.

Us: 37(me)/39(he). TTC since April '11. DOR/MFI. March '12: surgery to remove fibroids, cysts, and endometriosis.
    IVF #1: 9/13/12. ER: 9/25. 3R, 2M, 1F. ET: 9/28 (1-6B). Beta: moved from 10/11 to 10/10: BFN.
    IVF #2: 11/12 cycle postponed due to Sandy and then cancelled due to elevated E2.
    IVF #2.1 cancelled due to cyst.
    IVF #2.2: 2/2/13
    P/SAIF Welcome.
    My Blog
    imageimage Birthday image <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • HI!  I'm new to the board and The Bump, and your story reads exactly as mine - wondering if I'm experiencing PMS or if we actually hit the bullseye this time!  I usually don't have PMS symptoms until about a day or so before AF, but I've been having "symptoms" since Wednesday so I'm trying not to think too much into things.  DH and I have only been trying for two months so I really don't wanna get my hopes up as last month was a little hard for me to get over.  I'm trying to take DH's advice and "relax and enjoy"

Since I'm 42 and DH is 40 (a little TMI but I ovulated on his birthday!) we are hoping something happens in due time.

Oh:  look forward to meeting all of you and wishing everyone success.

Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker