Baby Names
Options

Flame my name away...

2»

Re: Flame my name away...

• Options

imageHannahO28:
    Yikes. She is going to have people 20 years older than her commenting Boy Meets World for the rest of her life. I don't think she'll appreciate that. 

How is this any different than a Fiona born now with all the Shrek movies?

Its not.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When i was young i loved the name and the character,now that i am older and more sensible i would never do that to my child. i can not imagine having to go through my life with the name topanga.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageslukd79:

imageHannahO28:
    Yikes. She is going to have people 20 years older than her commenting Boy Meets World for the rest of her life. I don't think she'll appreciate that. 

How is this any different than a Fiona born now with all the Shrek movies?

Its not.

I think it's very different. People have other associations with the name Fiona. It was a well known name before the movie. The only face people associate Topanga with is Topanga Lawrence. And before the show, no one had ever heard of it used as a name (and haven't since). 

It's like the difference between naming your kid Paul and Ringo IMO. 

• Options
    1. Topanga Canyon.

2. The TV character. Even if I liked the name, the girl who played her pretty much ruined the character for me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I like it.  It's different, but not extreme. 
  • Options
    It's definitely NMS, but at least you're spelling it right.  At my school one of our students has that name, but her mom didn't know how to spell it.  So poor girl is Topanga spelled "Topagea".  I kid you not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really don't like it. I actually worked at a school a few years ago and there was a child named Topanga. Every time I heard her name I shook my head. I actually felt sorry for the kid. I will say though, its not the worst name I have heard in all my years of working in schools. But that isn't saying much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"