Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

What age do you stop using sleep sack?

What is the recommended age and what age will you personally stop using it? Thx!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What age do you stop using sleep sack?

• Options
    I think the recommendation is 12 months before they use a blanket although don't quote me on that.  I have a very active sleeper so I can definitely see him getting tangled up in blankets.  I won't worry so much about it in the summer months (he didn't use a sleep sack this summer).  By next fall he'll be 16 months, I'll reassess at that point.  
  • Options
    I'm not sure what's recommended. I stopped using it with both kids once they could roll. Neither one seemed to care for it after that point so I just quit using it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ill probably stop at 12 months.  It will be summer then so I will see how I feel about blankets in the fall.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    you kind of have to stop once they can pull to standing (9-11 months)because they will trip and fall all the time if their legs are restricted. This is my third baby and I found this out the first time around after i bought all these sleep sacks in bigger sizes. Also, I have a 5 year old and the idea of her in a sleep sack is really funny:)
  • Options

imagesmiles1123:
    you kind of have to stop once they can pull to standing (9-11 months)because they will trip and fall all the time if their legs are restricted. This is my third baby and I found this out the first time around after i bought all these sleep sacks in bigger sizes. Also, I have a 5 year old and the idea of her in a sleep sack is really funny:)

They make sleep sacs with little feet holes now because of that, weird but true.

• Options
    I still put DS in a sleepsack and he sleeps on his stomach. There's just no way that he would be warm enough in just his PJs
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're still using one and he rolls all over the crib in it. We'll reassess when he hits 1 year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have to say that my LO loves her sleep sack and dislikes blankets (which I will sometimes put over her during short naps in the PNP, under my supervision).

Honestly, though, at this point, I wouldn't worry about her suffocating. She can roll and squirm enough that if her body weren't getting air, she would move -- instinctively. 

Still, I will probably wait until she is a year old to stop using one. Actually, she will be a year at the very end of March, at which point she probably won't need a blanket much at all, so it's perfect timing. By the time fall rolls around, I won't have concerns about a blanket -- maybe I'll actually be able to get some use out of that quilt that came with her bedding set... :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have two that still fit and use, but from here on out, I will only buy fleece sleepers. DD seems to have no preference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagesmiles1123:

I disagree. Both my kids had/have no problem standing in a sleepsack. We used one for ds until he was probably 18 months, and dd will use one til probably the same. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"