January 2012 Moms
Options

Workout

Soo third tri has me totally drained all the time. And it doesn't help that I'm working long hours (1-11 pm). I need to get back into a workout routine to boost my energy. What do you guys do for a workout?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Workout

• Options
    Yoga!  We also went on a hike today, it was marked as an "easy" level trail but there were quite a few tricky inclines and declines.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Walks, yoga.  Maybe you could do the 10 minutes Pilates - try for 5 a week.  I love this video :)

https://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Solution-Prenatal-Pilates/dp/B000RIWARG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319328161&sr=8-1 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love my elliptical. I feel so good an refreshed after I am done. I go for about 30 minutes 3-4 times a week. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Like the PP I get 30 minutes of elliptical 6 out of 7 days and I walk wherever I go.
  • Options
    Okay I suppose I should start back up on my elliptical workout :) Only problem is that none of my spandex/sports bras/shirts/shorts fit anymore haha!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My favorite is swimming laps. I've also been walking on the treadmill and lifting weights as well. I'm starting prenatal yoga next weekend
  • Options
    I shoot for 30-45min walks with my dogs about 3 times a week.  Also, turbo kickbox 2 to 3 times a week, and light weightlifting (roughly 20min) about twice a week.  It makes me feel fantastic. 
  • Options

Yoga, elliptical and group exercise classes! Is there an all women's gym in your area? I quit my old gym (filled with meat heads!) and just joined an all women's gym here in FL called Shapes - it rocks because nearly all of the instructors have gone through pregnancy and know modifications for pregnant women :)

I spent several months fairly inactive since I didn't have a place to walk (too dark by time I was out of work and not the neighborhood that a woman really wants to walk in alone at night) and the meathead gym felt so uncomfortable. I could feel the stares and actually was asked by one of the guys if I was ready to get "back on track" with my diet (as if my tummy was a food baby and not a real baby - those guys had no clue I was even pregnant).

I was starting to feel very drained and now that I've been exercising about 4-5 days a week, I feel so much better! You will too, even if it's for a brief walk or elliptical workout in the morning before you go to work. 

Would love to hear how it goes for you! Best of luck. <3 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

YOGA & lots of walking/ hiking! If I skip my yoga one week I totally feel my body misaligned!

You do have a tough work schedule! I'd be exhausted too!

• Options
    I go on 3 at least 45 minute walks each week (two around the neighborhood with slight hills and one at the gym on the treadmill) and do light weights (5lbs) for my arms two days a week. My husband goes on the walks around the neighborhood with me and I really enjoy that time together so we can just talk about baby stuff or anything at all really. I feel like it helps us stay connected and we can get into some really good discussions while we are walking.
  • Options
    imagesararose84:

Yoga, elliptical and group exercise classes! Is there an all women's gym in your area? I quit my old gym (filled with meat heads!) and just joined an all women's gym here in FL called Shapes - it rocks because nearly all of the instructors have gone through pregnancy and know modifications for pregnant women :)

I spent several months fairly inactive since I didn't have a place to walk (too dark by time I was out of work and not the neighborhood that a woman really wants to walk in alone at night) and the meathead gym felt so uncomfortable. I could feel the stares and actually was asked by one of the guys if I was ready to get "back on track" with my diet (as if my tummy was a food baby and not a real baby - those guys had no clue I was even pregnant).

I was starting to feel very drained and now that I've been exercising about 4-5 days a week, I feel so much better! You will too, even if it's for a brief walk or elliptical workout in the morning before you go to work. 

Would love to hear how it goes for you! Best of luck. <3 

I belong to Shapes also, however I haven't been since my BFP in May.  At first I was too tired, then I wanted to save my energy for work since my job is pretty physical, now I'm afraid of cardio because I've gotten out of shape.  I love the 10 minute pilates video though.  And I have a prenatal yoga video that I plan to start soon.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"