Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Memory box

This might seem really silly but something my husband and I decided to do is put together a memory box of items that we had collected for our baby.  For example: we had bought a onesie at Target, we had taken a few belly pictures, we took pictures of the pregnancy test, a few sympathy cards we received, etc.  We are doing this so that we will always have something to remember this baby by.  It is really helping us cope and I thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted to do something similar.  Hope everyone is doing okay.  I'm so thankful for this board.
BFP - 9/17/11 M/C - 10/13/11 @ 7.5 weeks We will love you forever, little baby!
June '12- 100mg Clomid + HSG Trigger + TI = BFP!!! BFP Chart
Beta #1 (10DPO)= 18 Beta #2 (12DPO)= 46 Beta #3 (15DPO)= 250
IT'S A BOY!!! Elijah James born March 7th, 2013!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
SURPRISE!  Micah Wesley is due May '14
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Memory box

• I don't think it seems silly at all. I am glad you are finding something to help you begin to cope.

Thank you for sharing the idea!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

First BFP! 9/5/11- M/C 9wk5 1st U/S, no HB.
    Forever loved, little bug.

Second BFP: 1/13/12. 2/13/12: Blighted Ovum diagnosis. Chromosomal testing showing complete tetraploidy. We'll miss you, little monkey and wish we could have known you. Two babies never to be in our arms, but always in our hearts.

Third BFP: 5/4/12 EDD: 1/12/2013. Our rainbow baby, W, born 1/16/13 a healthy little boy!!! We love you honeybadger and are so so blessed to have brought you home!

All "after loss" board ladies (PgAL, TTCAL, PAL, MC/PL) always welcome to post!
  • Not silly at all.  My sister did the same thing when she m/c with her first pregnancy at 9 weeks.  That was almost 13 years ago and she still has it.  I didn't have much and refused to accept or buy anything for the baby until we heard a heart beat which we never got to hear.  So, all I have is my pregnancy journal that I got from my OB which I had started writing in and a sympathy card I received from a friend.  I put them in my box of wedding cards for now until I get something better to keep them in.  I also have a pregnancy blog that I started and kept private until we'd told everyone about the pregnancy.  That has since become an m/c blog which I may or may not make public one we have a healthy pregnancy.

I'm sorry for your loss and am glad you have found a healthy way to memorialize and remember.  *hugs*

BFP #1 9-15-11; EDD 5-28-12. US 6w2d, growth

BFP #2 12-6-11 and 12-7-11; EDD 8-17-12. US 6w6d measuring 5w6d. Misoprostol Assisted m/c 1-16-12 at 9w3d.

<a href="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/katharine25/?action=view

• We're planning to do the same thing. We also plan to plant a tree.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• image VineyardMel:
    We're planning to do the same thing. We also plan to plant a tree.

Plating a tree, what a great idea!  I love that. 

BFP - 9/17/11 M/C - 10/13/11 @ 7.5 weeks We will love you forever, little baby!
    June '12- 100mg Clomid + HSG Trigger + TI = BFP!!! BFP Chart
    Beta #1 (10DPO)= 18 Beta #2 (12DPO)= 46 Beta #3 (15DPO)= 250
    IT'S A BOY!!! Elijah James born March 7th, 2013!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    SURPRISE!  Micah Wesley is due May '14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think it's silly. It's a way to keep a piece of your angel with you. 
    TTC since 2007. Removal of left ovary due to a cyst 9/2007. Currently seeing a new RE for septate uterus diagnosis and removal. BFP #1 7/01/11 EDD 2/28/12 M/C 07/19/2011 @ 8 wks. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • i also think its a great idea , my sister was the one that told me about the memory box, i feel this can bring me peace and i will never forget this chapter of my life, good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards