1st Trimester
Options

what did u stop doing once u got ur BFP?

2»

Re: what did u stop doing once u got ur BFP?

• Options

imagefunkymonkeyohyeahhh:
    Meth.

LOL!

Obviously alcohol is a big one.  But I just laugh when someone says they've given up deli meat.

And where exactly do you find unpasturized cheeses in the US?  Are you making it yourself?

Honestly people.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • Options
    Wine--I had to dump out half a bottle I was saving in the fridge from a few days before I found out.  I was slightly sad but not really.. it's worth it.  Caffeine has been really tough--I'm really cautious so I haven't had any.  I used to drink coffee and Diet Coke all the time, but at least they make caffeine free!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No booze or fish and lowering my caffiene intake. That's it so far. We are on vacation so I am taking lots of rest breaks while sightseeing.
    Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageTheBuddha:

Meth.

LOL!

Obviously alcohol is a big one.  But I just laugh when someone says they've given up deli meat.

And where exactly do you find unpasturized cheeses in the US?  Are you making it yourself?

Honestly people.

Isn't cheese made with raw cow's milk unpasteurized? They have that in both of the grocery stores I shop at.

• Options
    imageTambcat:
    imageTheBuddha:

Meth.

LOL!

Honestly people.

Isn't cheese made with raw cow's milk unpasteurized? They have that in both of the grocery stores I shop at.

No. 

"Current US Law requires that all domestic or imported cheeses must either be made from pasteurized milk or be held at 35 degrees F for a minimum of 60 days before it can be sold." - I found this on several websites, so google if you need to.  I did not use the info from Wiki, although it does say it on there as well.

This means either the cheese is aged (which means it cannot support listeria) or the cheese is made from pasturized milk. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • Options
    Oh, well this is awesome news!
  • Options
    imagesunnygrrl143:

Did you stop....

dying your hair/highlighting  NO

drinking caffeine YES

working out intensely  NO

eating fish  NO 

laying out in the sun  N/A

just wondering :) if anything

• Options
    Caffeinated coffee....Im trying to do what I did or DS bc he was a healthy boy, and I would like another healthy child.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Java Monsters were my number one kill....I was consuming about 4 or 5 a day...I am an absolute caffeine junkie. I tried cutting back pre-pregnancy but it was a no-go. The day I found out I was pregnant, I only drink tea...no caffeinated coffee or sodas....it was a lot easier when I know that there is another person in me that I have to look out for now.

I also quit:

beer, margaritas, etc...; rare steaks; Fresh Tuna and Mahimahi (thank goodness salmon, trout, and flounder have been okayed)

I actually picked up more good habbits since becoming pregnant:

Watch seasoning and salt intake, make healthier choices for meals and snacks, exercise more (despite being exhausted currently lol)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The biggies for me were - caffeine, wine, and lunch meat.  I used to drink at least 4 cups of coffee a day plus a few diet cokes.  Lunch was usually turkey sandwich at my desk.  I went 100% off coffee and diet cokes with only 1 day of headaches, surprisingly.  The lunch meat was easier I just substituted with cheese and greek yogurt.  This week any meats are turning my stomach so I'm not missing my turkey now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"