Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

xp: Partial or Marginal Placenta Previa

Were any of you been diagnosed with partial or marginal placenta previa early in your pregnancy (for me it was at the 20 week anatomy scan)?  And if you were diagnosed with it, did it resolve itself on its own?  The perinatalogist said that most cases resolve on their own, but there are some that don't.  Those of you that had the marginal or partial pp, did your OB allow you to have (or at least attempt) a vaginal delivery or did they recommend / force you to deliver cesarean? 

Looking forward to your responses.  Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: xp: Partial or Marginal Placenta Previa

• Options
    I was marginal and it actually got worse. from 2 at 20wks to 1.5 at delivery. i was allowed a vaginal delivery since the real concern is when its less than 1. however i hemmoraged pretty bad and lost 3 liters of blood. i had to have injections because where the placenta was attached woulodnt stop bleeding and almost emergency surgery to clean out my uterus. it didnt really influence my recovery, except an extra two days in the hospital. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a low-lying placenta at my 20 week u/s.  It corrected itself by 32 weeks and I had DD naturally.

GL to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemrsf123:
    I had a low-lying placenta at my 20 week u/s.  It corrected itself by 32 weeks and I had DD naturally.

GL to you!
    Same here! I also have 2 friends who had it, and they both resolved on their own. *Lurking pm 3-6...
  • Options
    By 32 weeks it had resolved.  If you have a low-lying placenta they may allow vaginal birth but it would never be allowed with any type of previa.  In true previa it is impossible & in marginal it poses many risks to both Mom & baby.
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with partial at 11 weeks (I had several extra u/s's due to bleeding) and it resolved by my anatomy scan. I had a vaginal delivery.
  • Options
    I was borderline, & it resolved on its own by 26 wks.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with previa with baby a at 20 weeks. Luckily it resolved itself by 24 weeks. I still had a section at 27 weeks due to PTL and a transverse baby b.
  • Options

imageFiredancer1013:
    I was diagnosed with partial at 11 weeks (I had several extra u/s's due to bleeding) and it resolved by my anatomy scan. I had a vaginal delivery.

Same here, except at 14 wks. I had DS vaginally.

• Options
    I had partial previa early on and it had moved out of the way by 35 weeks or so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Thanks, girls!  Nothing to do now but watch and wait! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"