November 2011 Moms
Options

Who's drinking?

2»

Re: Who's drinking?

• Options
    imagekateNovemberBaby:
    imagecikangell:

I had a lovely mojito the day before I got my BFP, and since then I've had one glass of champagne at a wedding and one half glass of wine on our anniversary. I'll probably have another glass of champagne at a wedding in mid-August, and that will be it.

The thing I miss most is Belgian beer. I used to work in the beer industry, and I miss not getting to sample the newest micro-imports as they come out. Ah well, something to look forward to after Thanksgiving..:o)

MMMMMM Belgian beer (droool)

I've been drinking those 'near beer' that are 0.5% and some of them are surprisingly yummy, especially when it's hot out.

I'm looking forward to some red wine, but am hesitant to buy a whole bottle (because I'd be tempted to drink it, haha). I can't bring myself to order a glass in a restaurant because I'd be afraid of being judged. I'd rather do it at home. Looking forward to it, waiting until I'm a little farther along....waiting...waiting...

lol I was kind of like this a couple of days ago, I'd been asked to pickup a six pack of beer for someone, and I felt so wierd!
  • Options

I am not.  However; I was at a work party and my boss offered me a daiquiri which she made before adding the alcohol.  I later learned that it was a mix that was just add ice.  It was just one and I didn't drink the whole thing.  It made me feel bad though.  I don't judge others for their decisions though :)  It's your own choice to make.  I more than likely won't be having another because DH gets on my case about a glass of caffeinated beverages here and there.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read an article that was saying that the children of women who had 1-2 4oz drinks per week were just as well if not better than the children of women who didn't drink during pregnancy by 5 years old.  I talked to my OB about it and she said that it's okay for me to have one glass of wine every once in a while.  I've had a few sips but I just haven't felt comfortable drinking more than that, even though my OB said it was fine!  But I'm going to a wedding at a posh vineyard in a few weeks and I definitely want to have a glass.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Me and my honey split a beer and it was the most delicious beer I've ever had in my life! Unfortunately one sip of wine gives me awful heartburn. I miss wine. 
  • Options
    I haven't had it at all because I really only like Captain and (diet) Coke these days.  Wine gives me a headache and beer often upsets my stomach (I have IBS) and I just can't reason with buying liquor while PG - especially since DH doesn't drink at all (well, except for special occasions like our anniversary or a wedding). I am TOTALLY craving it though... I can't wait until this peanut is born!
    Jen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"