May 2011 Moms
Options

Friday Flame Free Confessions!

Re: Friday Flame Free Confessions!

• Options
    imagetheaustins05:

imageefirdalyssa:
    I hate that people abuse the welfare system because there are people that do need it. I am all for helping someone that really needs it but, this welfare system needs a major overhaul! I work for the state and It pisses me off to no end that the people who are using food stamps at the store are the ones that are rocking the most expensive clothes, they have their hair and nails done and they are driving a 2011 vehicle! Ok. Rant over.

I worked with a guy who would only work 2 days a week for 4 hrs or less because if he worked any more he wouldn't be able to live in his welfare paid for house and get his checks from our government. He was lazy when he did show up and so fat that he had to take breaks every hour. And he called out for half of his shifts he did get.

This is exactly the problem that I am talking about. I also can't stand all of the people that try to draw disability. I have a "brother in law," and i use that term loosely, that is now drawing disability because he was verbally abused as a child... REALLY? This means that you cannot work and support the SIX  children that you have brought into this world (one of them being my precious nephew)? So, you live with my mother working two jobs to support you? I promise when the tax refund comes in (from my sister working) the money will be blown on crap! UGHHH! Lazy people are soooo annoying to me!

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagekammmmay:
    What is there to be disappointed about? you didnt get the stuff you wanted? take it back and get the stuff you did.

Oh I know one of these. People will get handmade things and thus can't exchange them for something 'cool.' There will be complaining over secondhand items as well.

I know not everyone on the site is all that internet literate. For some reason pregnancy is one of those things that gets people to use a messageboard for the first time. But it does drive me crazy when they read just the original post and then reply, especially a couple days and/or a couple pages later. Odds are excellent that the OP has added clarifying information in the meantime that makes your post totally irrelevant.

I'm also consistently disturbed by the posters who vent about people giving them unwanted advice and/or rubbing their bellies (especially the latter) but let it go on and on. One woman was all upset at a random guy rubbing her belly "for over a minute." Why the hell do you just stand there? Granted, I have exceptional personal space issues. But how effective a parent can you be with no spine? They will require you to step up and fight for them. And the whole "I have no right to decide what people do to my own body" attitude just really creeps me out. It's depressing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm waiting for DD's "quiet time" to eat a huge bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I prefer not for her to eat the sugar loaded cereal, but mainly it is because I don't want to share it. 

Photobucket
    aCg 3.1.07 | hCr 5.5.11
  • Options
    imageefirdalyssa:
    imagetheaustins05:

imageefirdalyssa:
    I hate that people abuse the welfare system because there are people that do need it. I am all for helping someone that really needs it but, this welfare system needs a major overhaul! I work for the state and It pisses me off to no end that the people who are using food stamps at the store are the ones that are rocking the most expensive clothes, they have their hair and nails done and they are driving a 2011 vehicle! Ok. Rant over.

I worked with a guy who would only work 2 days a week for 4 hrs or less because if he worked any more he wouldn't be able to live in his welfare paid for house and get his checks from our government. He was lazy when he did show up and so fat that he had to take breaks every hour. And he called out for half of his shifts he did get.

This is exactly the problem that I am talking about. I also can't stand all of the people that try to draw disability. I have a "brother in law," and i use that term loosely, that is now drawing disability because he was verbally abused as a child... REALLY? This means that you cannot work and support the SIX  children that you have brought into this world (one of them being my precious nephew)? So, you live with my mother working two jobs to support you? I promise when the tax refund comes in (from my sister working) the money will be blown on crap! UGHHH! Lazy people are soooo annoying to me!

I didn't even mention that before he got fired he asked his girlfriend to marry him because she got pregnant. Now the poor NC tax payers are going to have another mouth to feed...or two if she decides to quit her job at the cracker barrel.

imageimage
  • Options
    imageMaybeBaby#2:

I'm waiting for DD's "quiet time" to eat a huge bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I prefer not for her to eat the sugar loaded cereal, but mainly it is because I don't want to share it. 

I love this!

imageimage
  • Options
    imagekerrbear72:

imageelisbu:

Flame Free?

I judge those Bumpies who have to use use FI or So instead of DH.

Yep, me too. 

Curious question...  Not trying to start anything just wondering exactly what you mean by 'judge'? Like think less of them because they arent married?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I give the side-eye to those of you who are blanket judging all people who are dependent on welfare because of a handful of anecdotes. It seems quite judgemental and ignorant to me.

Are there people who abuse the system? Sure. However, there are also lots of people who genuinely need the help and are stuck in a very broken system.

• Options
    imagekck329:

I give the side-eye to those of you who are blanket judging all people who are dependent on welfare because of a handful of anecdotes. It seems quite judgmental and ignorant to me.

Are there people who abuse the system? Sure. However, there are also lots of people who genuinely need the help and are stuck in a very broken system.

The posts her have all been about people who abuse the welfare system as far as I have seen. I think everyone is sensitive to those in a tight situation that need some help to get back on their feet.

imageimage
  • Options
    imagetheaustins05:
    imagekck329:

I give the side-eye to those of you who are blanket judging all people who are dependent on welfare because of a handful of anecdotes. It seems quite judgmental and ignorant to me.

The posts her have all been about people who abuse the welfare system as far as I have seen. I think everyone is sensitive to those in a tight situation that need some help to get back on their feet.

You said you hate being behind people in a checkout line who pay with WIC or food stamps.  You can tell someone is abusing the system by looking at them?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMaybeBaby#2:

My husband bought a mini-fridge that locked for our bedroom so that i dont have to go downstairs to get more water at night and to keep some healthy snacks. I really think he just wanted it so he doesnt have to share his snacks with the kids once they are old enough to want them.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJNBrickey:
    imagetheaustins05:
    imagekck329:

You said you hate being behind people in a checkout line who pay with WIC or food stamps.  You can tell someone is abusing the system by looking at them?

I did say I hate being behind them, I didn't judge them for being on welfare...
    I'm a very impatient person and I don't like having to wait for the cashier to call the manager out to stamp their check and approve their items.
    I also hate it when people pay with exact change (I'm talking down to the pennies) and wait to fill out their personal checks until after all of their items are rang up.

imageimage
  • Options
    imageatlb685:

Being pregnant with multiples has made me really biitchy and generally not tolerant of others' pregnancy whines. When someone complains about RLP, stretching, hip pain, being "so over" pregnancy, etc I just want to scream. In 4 weeks, my fundal height has gone from 24 weeks to 36 weeks. That's right, 12 weeks of growth in 4 weeks. And my ute is already the size that yours will be when you are 36 weeks along. So eat me. I realize that this is completely irrational, but I can't help myself.

Has anyone noticed I'm in a biitchy mood today?

Yes

Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagetheaustins05:
    imageJNBrickey:
    imagetheaustins05:
    imagekck329:

I'm a very impatient person and I don't like having to wait for the cashier to call the manager out to stamp their check and approve their items.
    I also hate it when people pay with exact change (I'm talking down to the pennies) and wait to fill out their personal checks until after all of their items are rang up.

Impatience was not the theme that came across in your original post--it sounded as if you were judging them for using WIC. Nor were the early posts about welfare about one person, they targeted a group. Most of the follow up "I know a person who..." posts seemed to be intended to give examples of why the majority of people on public assistance are lazy, taking advantage, etc. 

• Options

imagekck329:
    Impatience was not the theme that came across in your original post--it sounded as if you were judging them for using WIC. Nor were the early posts about welfare about one person, they targeted a group. Most of the follow up "I know a person who..." posts seemed to be intended to give examples of why the majority of people on public assistance are lazy, taking advantage, etc. 

I get what your saying, that's why I felt the need to explain where I was coming from.

IMPO People who are using the welfare system as a stepping stone are fine with me. People who are using the welfare system because they are lazy and want to abuse it and subsequently make it harder on the people who actually need it to get it really piss me off and should be sent to the Borean Tundra naked!

imageimage
  • Options
    I cant stop eating lately and honestly I dont care! I have been eating everything in sight. I am preg and if I wanna eat like a cow and gain weight that's my problem not yours.
  • Options

I got the Medela pump for $94 at Target and I don't feel guilty because I flat out told the customer service rep about the price difference.  They apologized for the inconvenience and couldn't believe Targets had so much disparity.  That being said, if I had personally done one of the other methods, I would have felt guilty. 

I don't judge people who aren't married yet...at least they are still together and the poster isn't going through this alone. 

My DH and I make more money than most of my family/friends and I asked my aunts that if they insisted on throwing a shower to please put something on the invite that implies "no gifts please".  I moved 2000 miles away from everyone so I am happy to have a party (it's an everyone invited type deal...not just women) and celebrate with my family.  But they have done so much for me growing up that I am embarrassed by the generosity. 

• Options
    I judge grown women who use the word "bestie" or "BFF".  What are we, sixth graders?!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagetheaustins05:

I'm surprised that's still done in places. We're the middle of nowhere and we've already converted to the debit card version. Super fast and super private. Also much harder to sell. Everyone wins.

• Options
    imagekristennd:
    imagetheaustins05:

I'm surprised that's still done in places. We're the middle of nowhere and we've already converted to the debit card version. Super fast and super private. Also much harder to sell. Everyone wins.

Agreed. We have this too. 

• Options
    imageEros:
    imagekristennd:
    imagetheaustins05:

Agreed. We have this too. 

I think its an option you have when you sign up. Kind of like at work you can choose direct deposit or check.

imageimage
  • Options
    imagekammmmay:
    imagepook:
    imagekerrbear72:

imagetheaustins05:
    I'm done talking about showers, all the debating is kinda taking the fun out of it.

Ditto. I've had enough. 

Wait until all of the shower disappointment posts start. 

::headdesk::

LOL! The next month or so should bring a ton of fun posts.

What is there to be disappointed about? you didnt get the stuff you wanted? take it back and get the stuff you did. the games were dumb? stop being so uptight and just enjoy being with your friends and family. some people dont get that luxury.  

this. 

• Options

I confess that I'm annoyed by people who post pictures of their bump with their shirts pulled up. I'm fairly certain that we get the jist of your situation with your shirt down, but thanks though.

I'm a nurse that works in the ER, and I get extremely annoyed with people who think that they have the right to complain when they have to sit in the waiting room a whole 10  minutes. I understand that waiting sucks, because in all reality, they're probably going to drop dead any minute from their sore throat and sniffles that they just aquired  4 hours prior, but really? Suck it. Also, people who bring their kid in to the ER with a fever, yet fail to medicate them with Tylenol or Motrin need to have their parenting privliges revoked!

I find confess that I find Facebook more annoying than anything, yet I log on every day anyway. People who are constantly quoting the bible (this is especially funny when the person is a giant ahole), famous people, television shows, etc evidently need a hobby. Also the people who literally talk to days of the week get on my nerves. As in "Friday, please go easy on me today because I'm an idiot who talks to days of the week."

I also confess that I don't really get the logic behind making snow ice cream. Maybe it's because I live in a city that has daily air quality index forecasts? I'll stick to my Ben and Jerry's while y'all nosh on your vanilla acid carbon monoxide crunch snow icecream. Gag.

• Options
    imageAMYRENEE27:
    imageatlb685:

Being pregnant with multiples has made me really biitchy and generally not tolerant of others' pregnancy whines. When someone complains about RLP, stretching, hip pain, being "so over" pregnancy, etc I just want to scream. In 4 weeks, my fundal height has gone from 24 weeks to 36 weeks. That's right, 12 weeks of growth in 4 weeks. And my ute is already the size that yours will be when you are 36 weeks along. So eat me. I realize that this is completely irrational, but I can't help myself.

Has anyone noticed I'm in a biitchy mood today?

Yes

Totally agree! I'm not having twins and I'm sick of all the bitching.
  • Options

3isenough

I like the way you think.

imageimage
  • Options
    imagetheaustins05:

Oh my, i hate when check out people want to have a full on conversation. Its like im sorry that youre bored, but i dont want to be here any more than you do. Or people who change their mind on what they want as the people are scanning it, then have the checker call for something else to be brought up. Mostly I hate when I get in the wrong line at the store!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagekerrbear72:

imageelisbu:

Flame Free?

Yep, me too. 

Glad I'm not the only one. I could never think of a tactful way to say it!
  • Options
    imagepook:
    imagekerrbear72:

imageelisbu:

Flame Free?

Yep, me too. 

that's because there isn't a tactful way to say it.

but i'll bide my time on this one. fffc and all... 

• Options
    imagenikintheheart:
    imagepook:
    imagekerrbear72:

imageelisbu:

Flame Free?

Yep, me too. 

But the beautiful part is they're not flame free!

• Options
    imageJNBrickey:
    imagenikintheheart:
    imagepook:
    imagekerrbear72:

imageelisbu:

Flame Free?

Yep, me too. 

Sweet, now she doesn't have to 'bide' her tongue because you said they aren't flame free!

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    imagekerrbear72:
    imageJNBrickey:
    imagenikintheheart:
    imagepook:
    imagekerrbear72:

imageelisbu:

Flame Free?

Yep, me too. 

Sweet, now she doesn't have to 'bide' her tongue because you said they aren't flame free!

She said her time, not her tongue, but if she had said bide her tongue that would have been really funny!  Stick out tongue

Maybe she will bide her time until Monday and then make a whole new post about it.

• Options
    imageJNBrickey:
    imagekerrbear72:
    imageJNBrickey:
    imagenikintheheart:
    imagepook:
    imagekerrbear72:

imageelisbu:

Flame Free?

Yep, me too. 

She said her time, not her tongue, but if she had said bide her tongue that would have been really funny!  Stick out tongue

Maybe she will bide her time until Monday and then make a whole new post about it.

Ahhhhhh HAHAHAHA! I'm so glad you caught that and called me out on it.

Sorry OP!

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• Options

I'm annoyed at people feeling like showers are a right. Annoyed that people EXPECT people to buy things off their registry. Annoyed that people load their registry with things just to get a free gift. And annoyed that people make a big freaking deal about their shower. FFS.

I am annoyed with the CONSTANT whining about ILs, family, etc. Grow some freaking balls and STAND UP FOR YOURSELF. You are old enough to have a baby, you are old enough to make your needs and wants loud and clear. No, you don't have to be a biitch, but you CAN sit them down and unemotionally explain what your need/want. It is called being a grown up.

~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    imagekerrbear72:
    imageJNBrickey:
    imagekerrbear72:
    imageJNBrickey:
    imagenikintheheart:
    imagepook:
    imagekerrbear72:

imageelisbu:

Flame Free?

Yep, me too. 

Sorry OP!

I am glad you have a good sense of humor!  When I was typing it I was thinking, "I really don't want this to make her mad. . ."

• Options
    imagekammmmay:

What is there to be disappointed about? you didnt get the stuff you wanted? take it back and get the stuff you did. the games were dumb? stop being so uptight and just enjoy being with your friends and family. some people dont get that luxury.  

A few years ago there was a girl who posted that she was crying because the hostess went with a Winnie the Pooh theme.  Shortly before she GBCB'ed she wailed "I hate Pooh!" which still sends me into fits of unbridled laughter.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJNBrickey:
    imagekerrbear72:
    imageJNBrickey:
    imagekerrbear72:
    imageJNBrickey:
    imagenikintheheart:
    imagepook:
    imagekerrbear72:

imageelisbu:

Flame Free?

Yep, me too. 

Sorry OP!

I am glad you have a good sense of humor!  When I was typing it I was thinking, "I really don't want this to make her mad. . ."

If you can't laugh at yourself...

(I do A LOT of laughing at myself) 

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• Options
    imagepook:
    imagekerrbear72:

imageelisbu:

Flame Free?

Yep, me too. 

A year ago I may have judged people for this as well.  Now that I find myself in this situation I just have to deal with the judgment, I guess. lol.  Even the most well laid out plans don't always turn out exactly as thought they would. ;)

• Options
    imagepook:
    imagekerrbear72:

imageelisbu:

Flame Free?

Yep, me too. 

A year ago I may have judged people for this as well.  Now that I find myself in this situation I just have to deal with the judgment, I guess. lol.  Even the most well laid out plans don't always turn out exactly as we thought they would. ;)

• Options
    I hate Winnie the Pooh.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagepinkflipflops44:
    I hate Winnie the Pooh.

I am SO with you. I actually hate all characters. I hate everything cartoon-y and cute. It makes want to vomit.

~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    imageLisa102304:

I am annoyed with the CONSTANT whining about ILs, family, etc. Grow some freaking balls and STAND UP FOR YOURSELF. You are old enough to have a baby, you are old enough to make your needs and wants loud and clear. No, you don't have to be a biitch, but you CAN sit them down and unemotionally explain what your need/want. It is called being a grown up.

OMG, this too! Hellloooo....you knew what your DH's family was like when you married him. And honestly I can't imagine just having as much drama as some of the bumpies. None of me or my sisters have ever had such issues. It really makes me wonder if the ILs are the full part of the problemm.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"