Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Tax question

I remember a little while back someone posted something about there being a penalty of some sort for filing your taxes early.  Am I making that up?  Is it 'okay to file this weekend?  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tax question

• My husband always does our taxes and says we have to wait until 2/11, which is right around when we usually do it and we get our return really quickly.

Carter:
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Elayna:

Notes:
  • If I remember correctly, I think someone mentioned that they were changing a bunch of tax stuff so it may be beneficial to wait, but I don't think there's a penalty.
  • Okay, thank you.  I just read some more about it and it sounds like you can file whenever as long as you aren't itemizing and you do not have an education credits.  Am I reading that right?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Due to some changes in the tax laws, some people cannot file until mid Feb. because of the changes on the forms.  I'm not sure who those people are but I found that out from a friend who works for a tax place.
  • What program do you use? I just filed mine on Monday, but since I itemized my deductions, it won't be processed by the IRS until mid-Feb. If you did not itemize your deductions, you will get yours within a week of it being processed by the IRS if you file electronically.

So if you itemize your deductions (which most bumpies would) you can e-file now, it just won't be "processed" by the IRS until mid-feb.

I e-filed mine, I am just waiting for my money!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards