2nd Trimester
Options

NBR- serious dog help needed

2»

Re: NBR- serious dog help needed

• Options

I?m not sure why you even asked the question, when you already had your mind made up in the first place that you were going to give the dog up. I?m guessing you thought everyone was going to say what you wanted them to say, which is to give the dog up.  So you give it to someone else who has no kids. What if they end up having kids, or have to move into an apartment etc.  The dog just keeps getting passed. You can fix this if you put the time and effort into it.

• Options
    These threads never go well.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsTotty:
    These threads never go well.  

Very much agreed. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for wasting so much of our time trying to help you work this out.  I regret even trying to give you options for your dogs in the first place.  Gheez... I have to agree with much that is said.  You obviously had your mind made up and started an argument because many of the rest of us love our dogs and want to make it work with our LO's and furbabies.  You don't.
  • Options
    FYI- I posted an update above.
  • Options
    If you've had the pup since day one it's pretty cruel to relocate the dog IMO. Though I would be completely concerned with this issue so I'd say keep the dog mostly out back. However, allow the dog to be around you and come inside here and there with supervision. The dog shouldn't be totally punished since I'm guessing LO had a bit to do with aggravating the old dog too. 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's funny that some of the posters like to comment and give advice when they themselves have NO kids...And also dont realize that maybe just maybe she and her DH had made the decision between the TWO of them and then she posted the THEIR final decision and didn't just make a quick easy choice without hearing all of you first which is what she did...People are way to quick to judge others when they are staring at a computer screen and not IRL. Not trying to stick up for anybody here but last time I checked we all still think with our own brains not what someone tells us on some message board. Just something to think about the next time you all give advice in a post.
  • Options
    I think maybe I could understand getting rid of your dog, if you had exhausted all other options.  In reality though, you haven't done anything about this situation.  Also, if it was a nip and not a bite, I don't understand getting rid of your dog period.  That is a warning.  Why not train the dog?!  It is not too old.  Or, if that is too much, put the dog outside when you can't supervise.  My dogs have a crate.  They actually love it.  I just really don't understand this post at all.  I hate that this happens to dogs.  People give up too easily on living things that they are supposed to love. I don't have children yet, but I work with dogs every day.  I can tell you that dogs can do a 180 with some training.  If dogs trained to fight and be aggressive can changed, so can yours.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker _MG_0566-2 - Copy (2)
  • Options

imagejkmom007:
    I think it's funny that some of the posters like to comment and give advice when they themselves have NO kids....

Riiiight...because I forgot that when you pop out a kid, your vag turns to gold and you because instantly smarter and wiser. Yes

• Options
    No I just mean alot of the "I would will never do that when I have kids" comes into play so you dont actually know what you would do UNTIL you are in that situation. Thats all :)
  • Options

imagejkmom007:
    No I just mean alot of the "I would will never do that when I have kids" comes into play so you dont actually know what you would do UNTIL you are in that situation. Thats all :)

for what it's worth, i always said before i would never get rid of my dogs unless they full on attacked my kid, well, i have a 16 month old and STILL feel that way. dogs are not disposable. you should always exhaust all options first before surrendering a dog

• Options
    image3PupsAndABaby:

imagejkmom007:

for what it's worth, i always said before i would never get rid of my dogs unless they full on attacked my kid, well, i have a 16 month old and STILL feel that way. dogs are not disposable. you should always exhaust all options first before surrendering a dog

100% right. And, while I'm still pregnant, I've actually been doing things proactively to ensure dogs and baby will coexist peacefully. This whole thing isn't even so much about kids as it is about the OPs lack of being a responsible pet owner (though her update says she's going to work with a behaviorist, which I think is wonderful). At any rate, the whole "you don't have kids so you don't know" sh!t doesn't fly with me. I can tell you with certainty I'll never give up either of my dogs after my kid's born.

• Options
    imagemrsjohnson706:
    image3PupsAndABaby:

imagejkmom007:

100% right. And, while I'm still pregnant, I've actually been doing things proactively to ensure dogs and baby will coexist peacefully. This whole thing isn't even so much about kids as it is about the OPs lack of being a responsible pet owner (though her update says she's going to work with a behaviorist, which I think is wonderful). At any rate, the whole "you don't have kids so you don't know" sh!t doesn't fly with me. I can tell you with certainty I'll never give up either of my dogs after my kid's born.

unfortunately, a lot of people do :( i foster dogs as well and see this all of the time. it's truly sad. i even have people in my family that basically doesn't pay attention to their dogs anymore because they had kids (don't take it to the vet, don't groom them, don't pay attention, etc) i can say with sincerity, after my son was born, I never stopped snuggling, playing or any of that with ALL 3 of my dogs! if i can do it with all 3, i think anyone with 1 dog can do it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"