3rd Trimester
Options

Literally drowning in my own stomach acid

Last night, I was woken up by fluid in my throat and my sinuses. My stomach acid just decided that it was longer confined to my stomach and ventured up my throat. It wasn't the normal heart burn. It was a ton of fluid that it caused me to choke. A couple hours later it happened again. Then today I was trying to take a nap, to make up for the lost sleep, and it happened again!!! UGH!! So, I am now banned from sleeping flat. I have to sleep in the recliner, fun...

Has this happened to anyone else?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Literally drowning in my own stomach acid

• Options
    Yes not as bad but it has happened.  Usually piling my pillows up and sleeping elevated helps a bit. I get it if I drink a lot of water and then lay down or something.
  • Options
    Yeah no need to resort to the recliner. What I did is take an extra comforter out of the closet fold it up on my side of the headboard, put my pillows on top of that and sleep at an angle. It works and is a cheap fix, or you could just try the papaya enzymes, actually chew-able. Find them at Chamberlains if you have one nearby. I had a nurse recommend them to me and they are great.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep, this has happened to me a handful of times. It's kind of scary!

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DX PCOS
    Success with #1 after Femara + Trigger + IUI Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm there with you, as I type LOL. Its been constant the past few days. It sucks.
  • Options
    Yes, this has started happening to me recently and is scary and painful.  I also have begun sleeping semi-upright as well, although in bed with extra pillows and have not yet resorted to the recliner yet.  Good luck!
  • Options
    This and bad heartburn go hand in hand normally. Ask the doc about zantac, its my lifeline.
  • Options

imageCharlotte0283:
    This and bad heartburn go hand in hand normally. Ask the doc about zantac, its my lifeline.

This. I was on it for my entire pregnancy up until a few weeks ago when acid reflux got even worse and it wasn't cutting it. Doctor now prescribed Tecta and it is a life saver!!!

• Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies. When I spoke with the nurse yesterday at my OB office she suggest pepcid. I haven't tried it yet but its on my shopping list. I have tried sleeping with extra pillows but I just end up tossing them on the floor in the middle of the night, so I just have to sleep in the recliner for a while. At least I only have 2 weeks left....
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It happens to me too. I try to drink milk and take tums to relieve it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Zantac, Ice water & milk..... that combo has been a lifesaver. Extra Strength Mylanta inbetween being able to take the Zantac really helps. For me it totally depends on what position the LO is in. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"