Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

lack of PMS symptoms... can this be a pregnancy symptom?

HI everyone,

I am new to the Bump... sorry I do not have a chart to share. DH and I got married in May and we are TTC our first. I just had my pre-TTC checkup with my OB/GYN last week... bloodwork/hormone levels came back good. I just read the TCOYF book and I planned to start charting my temps next cycle. My cycles are irregular but they are typically between 28-35 days. My last period was Aug 6 and I am pretty sure I ovulated on the 24th or 25th (EWCM both days). We had sex on the 23, 24, 25, and 26th.

No AF yet but I am pretty sure my cycle will be more towards the 35 days since I ovulated at day 18 or 19. I am waiting to test so I don't get a BFN.

Okay, now onto my question. Typically, a week (sometimes 10 days) before AF arrives, I get horrible PMS symptoms. Cramps, sore boobs, irritability, bloating, etc. So far... no symptoms. I am so used to my boobs being sore that it is weird for them not to be! I know that "PMS symptoms" is also a symptom of early pregnancy... well is it possible for LACK of PMS symptoms to be a symptom of pregnancy? Has anyone experienced this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: lack of PMS symptoms... can this be a pregnancy symptom?

• Options
    OMFG.  Please don't complain about your "irregular" 28-35 day cycles. And lurk for a bit. We cannot tell you if you are pregnant. Take a test if you think you are.
  • Options
    I have never heard for that, but only time will tell! I would wait a week and test.
    BFP: 6/4/10, M/C @ 5wks | BFP: 7/12/10, M/C @ 5wks | BFP: 1/5/11, M/C @ 4wks
    Unexplained secondary infertility...bleh. Gave it a few more tries and BFP on 3/31
    #1 Beta @ 10DPO: 9 #2 Beta @ 14DPO: 194
    My BFP Chart Lilypie Maternity tickersimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.  I also got married in May, and my hubby and I have been TTC since June.  (Stopped taking BC in May.)  I've had regular 28 day cycles since then.  However, this month I am a week late, and have had no PMS symptoms.  I've tested twice, and it has showed negative so far.  I"ll try again next week, and  if I still get a negative I'm heading in for a blood test.  I was wondering if maybe the lack of PMS symptoms was a sign of pregnancy also.  Maybe someone can shed some light on the subject for us.  Good luck to you! :)
  • Options
    It can really depend on various things like stress/exercise /diet  or just plain old hormones . Some months  I have horrible pms , like this month it was terrible  and some months I don't feel anything  till the day before my period starts .And because you just got off bcp your body is going to a little wonky for several months . 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP ! March 2011 TTC since Jan 2010 Blood work CD 3 -normal Diagnosed with slight case of PCOS Nov 2010 S/A - High count , low morph and mobility Use acupuncture/herbs to regulate cycles
  • Options

Honestly, charting will shed a ton of light on your cycles for you. EWCM doesn't necessarily mean you ovulated, only a temp spike can confirm that.

As for a lack of PMS symptoms, I've never been pregnant so I don't know if that's a good sign or not. I can tell you that my symptoms vary widely each cycle. Sometimes I have bad cramps and sometimes I have none. 

Good luck!

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Options

imageatlb685:
    OMFG.  Please don't complain about your "irregular" 28-35 day cycles. And lurk for a bit. We cannot tell you if you are pregnant. Take a test if you think you are.

Okay, I said my cycles are TYPICALLY between 28-35 days... they range anywhere between 28-62 days and they are different every time. So yes, I do consider that irregular. And so does my doctor. I do not understand why you need to be rude. I was just curious if anyone had ever heard that lack of PMS symptoms= pregnant. Obviously, the only way I could tell if I am pregnant is by taking a test. I'm not stupid.

So thanks for being so welcoming to this board. I appreciate it

• Options

imageJpaciga:
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.  I also got married in May, and my hubby and I have been TTC since June.  (Stopped taking BC in May.)  I've had regular 28 day cycles since then.  However, this month I am a week late, and have had no PMS symptoms.  I've tested twice, and it has showed negative so far.  I"ll try again next week, and  if I still get a negative I'm heading in for a blood test.  I was wondering if maybe the lack of PMS symptoms was a sign of pregnancy also.  Maybe someone can shed some light on the subject for us.  Good luck to you! :)

Don't waste your doctor's time. If the test is negative, you are not pregnant. Wait until CD60 before you call your doc.

• Options

imageJpaciga:

I think I will try taking a test tomorrow... just because I can't resist! GL to you, too!

• Options
    imagecburitz:

Okay, I said my cycles are TYPICALLY between 28-35 days... they range anywhere between 28-62 days and they are different every time. So yes, I do consider that irregular. And so does my doctor. I do not understand why you need to be rude. I was just curious if anyone had ever heard that lack of PMS symptoms= pregnant. Obviously, the only way I could tell if I am pregnant is by taking a test. I'm not stupid.

We cannot know what you do not say. We answered your questions. You are welcome.

• Options
    imagecburitz:

You go so specific as to tell us when you boned, yet you failed to mention that salient point. Interesting. 

If you put on some big girl panties and stick around for more than about a week, you will go back and realize how ridiculous this question was.  

• Options
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:

You go so specific as to tell us when you boned, yet you failed to mention that salient point. Interesting. 

If you put on some big girl panties and stick around for more than about a week, you will go back and realize how ridiculous this question was.  

I said my cycles are irregular but are typically between 28-35 days! What do you mean that I forgot to mention that point? You think that I am childish and yet you use the word "boned"? Nice.

• Options
    imagecburitz:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:

I said my cycles are irregular but are typically between 28-35 days! What do you mean that I forgot to mention that point? You think that I am childish and yet you use the word "boned"? Nice.

Oh snap! You got me. 

You had intercourse on those days and shared it with us, yet left out that your life is peppered with 62 day cycles. 

This is still an incredibly stupid question.  

• Options
    Wow, you ladies really ARE rude.  Maybe the reason people don't stick around is because of the wonderful treatment you give to the new girls.  Seriously...grow up.
  • Options
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:

Oh snap! You got me. 

You had intercourse on those days and shared it with us, yet left out that your life is peppered with 62 day cycles. 

This is still an incredibly stupid question.  

I think Antoine says it best...

• Options

imageJpaciga:
      I've tested twice, and it has showed negative so far.  I"ll try again next week, and  if I still get a negative I'm heading in for a blood test.  

why?

60 days with no AF and no BFP.  THEN you call a doctor.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options

imageJpaciga:
    Wow, you ladies really ARE rude.  Maybe the reason people don't stick around is because of the wonderful treatment you give to the new girls.  Seriously...grow up.

Well said. Thanks

• Options

imageJpaciga:

I think if you actually read most other newbie posts we are very welcoming. When someone comes on asking a question like this and gets all butthurt when she doesn't hear  the answer she wants, it is OK if she leaves, trust me.

And we don't need a new hall monitor, that job is taken, thanks for applying. 

• Options
    imagecburitz:

imageJpaciga:

Well said. Thanks

Feel free to leave whenever you like. This goes for both of you.

• Options
    imagesbrowns08:

Honestly, charting will shed a ton of light on your cycles for you. EWCM doesn't necessarily mean you ovulated, only a temp spike can confirm that.

As for a lack of PMS symptoms, I've never been pregnant so I don't know if that's a good sign or not. I can tell you that my symptoms vary widely each cycle. Sometimes I have bad cramps and sometimes I have none. 

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. My doctor said the same thing about charting. If I am not pregnant, I will definately be charting next cycle.

GL to you, too

• Options
    imagesbrowns08:

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. My doctor said the same thing about charting. If I am not pregnant, I will definately be charting next cycle.

GL to you, too

• Options

OP: If you lurk a little you'll find many of the people here have not been pregnant so they can't tell you about their pregnancy experiences.  If you ask this on the first tri board I'm sure you'll get 100 responses saying "I thought AF was coming".  So while I'm sure a lack of symptoms CAN be a pregnancy symptom, it also might not be.

Only way to know is to wait it out or take a test. 

HTH.

• Options

imageatlb685:

I just re-read he post and I don't see where she "complained" about her irregular periods. Seems like she was just trying to set the stage for her question..

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

In my bag: Nikon D90; 35mm 1.8, 90mm 2.8 macro (my fave), Lensbaby Composer with macro extensions. BFP after 13 cycles and one ectopic. Lost left tube 5/19/10.
  • Options
    I didn't have any pms symptoms when I was pregnant. Huh?
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:

Salient means obvious or conspicuous  - having said that, then why would she need to mention it - you should have already known.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

In my bag: Nikon D90; 35mm 1.8, 90mm 2.8 macro (my fave), Lensbaby Composer with macro extensions. BFP after 13 cycles and one ectopic. Lost left tube 5/19/10.
  • Options

OMG YOU LADIES ARE SOOO MEAN!!!!! Her question was soo simple reading comprehension fail for everyone in this post!!!!!  Stop being bitter and jealous thats shes KU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes a lack of PMS symptoms could mean you are totes preggo. Bc PMS symptoms are symptoms of the onset of your monthly menstruation. You can get I believe the term is decidual bleeding,but not full on menstruation while pregnant.

So to answer your question, no you don't get PMS symptoms before a BFP. You would only get PREGNANCY symptoms.Hope that helps. And paying a co-pay and possibly part of a deductible to see a doctor when you get a BFN on a HPT is totes worth the money ladies, those little sticks lie all the time. The makers are a$$h0les.

• Options
    imagePattypoundcake:

imageJpaciga:

I think if you actually read most other newbie posts we are very welcoming. When someone comes on asking a question like this and gets all butthurt when she doesn't hear  the answer she wants, it is OK if she leaves, trust me.

And we don't need a new hall monitor, that job is taken, thanks for applying. 

I am not hurt because I got the wrong answer. I was just curious if anyone had ever experienced this!! You never answered my question, you just belittled me and now you are being rude to another newbie.

• Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:

imageatlb685:

I just re-read he post and I don't see where she "complained" about her irregular periods. Seems like she was just trying to set the stage for her question..

And if you read my post, you would see the emphasis is on irregular and not complain. 28-35 day cycles is NOT irregular. The fact that she backpedaled and said she sometimes has 60+ day cycles is something that should have been included in her first post, if it was true.

Who are you anyway, the newb defender?

• Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:

Salient means obvious or conspicuous  - having said that, then why would she need to mention it - you should have already known.

Wow, awesome google skills! You should try "sarcasm" next.

• Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:

Ummm actually salient means most important, main, relevant, significant, leading, outstanding, prominent. Its antonym is minor.

• Options
    imageatlb685:
    imageNikkiBenzo:

imageatlb685:

And if you read my post, you would see the emphasis is on irregular and not complain. 28-35 day cycles is NOT irregular. The fact that she backpedaled and said she sometimes has 60+ day cycles is something that should have been included in her first post, if it was true.

No, not a newb defender - just someone who has an opinion like - the rest of you.

• Options
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:

Ummm actually salient means most important, main, relevant, significant, leading, outstanding, prominent. Its antonym is minor.

I love you lopes. I am not afraid to admit when i don't know a word, and I am also too lazy to google. You rock!

• Options
    imageatlb685:
    imageNikkiBenzo:

imageatlb685:

You are right, I should have mentioned the specifics. However, I was trying to keep my post relatively short by not giving out my entire history. Besides, it is completely irrelevant since it did not pertain to my question.

I know there are ladies out there who have been trying to conceive for years with no avail and I in no way want to come in here and be the annoying newbie with a million questions that could be answered by doing some research. But since normally pregnant women experience PMS-type symptoms early on, I was just wondering if anyone experienced the opposite. Perhaps I should have chosen a poll rather than a question.

I still do not understand why you feel the need to be downright rude, however.

• Options
    imageatlb685:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:

I don't have to google definitions of simple words - I have an education (a doctorate degree in fact). And you don't want me to try sarcasm... trust me.

• Options
    imagecburitz:
    imageatlb685:
    imageNikkiBenzo:

imageatlb685:

You are right, I should have mentioned the specifics. However, I was trying to keep my post relatively short by not giving out my entire history. Besides, it is completely irrelevant since it did not pertain to my question.

I know there are ladies out there who have been trying to conceive for years with no avail and I in no way want to come in here and be the annoying newbie with a million questions that could be answered by doing some research. But since normally pregnant women experience PMS-type symptoms early on, I was just wondering if anyone experienced the opposite. Perhaps I should have chosen a poll rather than a question.

I still do not understand why you feel the need to be downright rude, however.

No, a poll wouldn't have been appropriate either, since most of the ladies here have never been pregnant. Try again.

• Options
    imageatlb685:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:

I love you lopes. I am not afraid to admit when i don't know a word, and I am also too lazy to google. You rock!

So yes - those are synonyms, but by your own argument - you admit that it means outstanding and prominent - which is what I said - so she should not have had to point it out. Nor should she have to defend herself.

• Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imageatlb685:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:

I don't have to google definitions of simple words - I have an education (a doctorate degree in fact). And you don't want me to try sarcasm... trust me.

People who brag about their intelligence are usually lying or trying to over-compensate for something. Ummm, I'm gonna go with door #1!

• Options
    imageatlb685:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imageatlb685:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:

People who brag about their intelligence are usually lying or trying to over-compensate for something. Ummm, I'm gonna go with door #1!

People who don't know the definition of brag vs. stating a fact are... well you can fill in the blanks.

• Options

imageNikkiBenzo:

People who don't know the definition of brag vs. stating a fact are... well you can fill in the blanks.

Please fill them in for me. I am too stupid.

What was your dissertation topic?

• Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imageatlb685:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:

So yes - those are synonyms, but by your own argument - you admit that it means outstanding and prominent - which is what I said - so she should not have had to point it out. Nor should she have to defend herself.

Obvious =/= outstanding or prominent. What is your doctorate in?

And if the facts are prominent then she should have included them since they are important...... Try again.

• Options
    imageatlb685:

imageNikkiBenzo:

Please fill them in for me. I am too stupid.

What was your dissertation topic?

You don't do a dissertation in law school... and if you are asking me to fill in the blanks I guess I would go with ... well, this is a hard one because I don't want to insult you like you did me - then I would be stooping and also, I don't know you so I don't want to be presumptuous.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"