3rd Trimester
Options

Clicky Poll: Did you plan this pregnancy?

2»

Re: Clicky Poll: Did you plan this pregnancy?

• Options

Yes, this was planned. We started trying in December '08, got pregnant pretty quickly (April)  but only carried our first child until the end of August when I delivered her at 21 weeks due to classic Potters Sequence (the baby never developed any kidneys/bladder, incompatable with life).

We agreed to wait until January to try again and bam--KU on the first try. We got crazy lucky.

imageimage
  • Options
    We were planning on waiting another 3 months to try but I was off on my ovulation cycle and got pregnant right away. I was a bit shocked at first but could not be happier to be a mom... what's 3 months when you look a the big picture. In my case it we were trying to wait due to family leave, an extra 3 months off for maternity leave would have been nice but oh well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes but, like other bumpies, we didn't expect it to happen on the first try. At least I didn't, DH said he didn't doubt it
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

definately planned... but the best of plans... We had been trying for four years, had an ectopic and a m/c, mutliple surgeries, clomid, injectibles, IVF, and frozen embryo transfer.   We took a break for a while, not just from trying but from sex altogether!  It was so hard on our marriage, all this heartbreak and the physical ringer I was put through (didn't help that DH lost his job and we almost lost our house).   So we took time to regroup and reconnect.

We decided to start trying again with follistem injections this past winter, and on the second cycle it worked!  I was floored when I got 2 pink lines!  I almost forgot to take the test b/c I didn't 'feel' pregnant! I have been super paranoid this whole pregnancy, I do have complications (of course)...But Am 30 weeks now and can't wait to meet DD!    

• Options
    This is my story exactly! With the issues of trying to conceive in my family and also the previous issues I had at the GYN I didn't think it could possibly happen so fast. We couldn't be happier though and have talked for over a year about a little one so we were surprisingly ready when we got the news! I wish you all the best!!
  • Options
    Very much so. I charted for a year before we tried, then added in the CBEFM when we got serious. DH had told his parents last Thanksgiving that we might have an extra guest at this year's dinner, and the baby is due the day before Thanksgiving. Of course we won't be traveling, but it's just funny that it turned out that way.
  • Options
    No...I have PCOS, but recently lost 55 lbs...and I am in my 40's...so were not trying nor preventing...so it was a total surprise...I was 20+ weeks pregnant before we figured it out.
  • Options
    I did not plan mine.  I always wanted a child for about 10 years.  Now I finally am.  What a true Blessing from God!   Did not know I was pregnant until I missed 2 periods.  Did not think I could ever get pregnant.  Then all of a sudden this year I became pregnant.  Never been happier!!!   I feel so blessed!!!!   2 1/2 months to go!!!!     So excited!!!!    Both my sisters have had kids before me and they are both younger.  I just now happen to get pregnant.  I'd say it's all in God's timing.  They say wait and you shall be blessed.  Well I truly believe that.  Dana in Baldwin, KS.
  • Options

YOu know.  I don't know who you think you are?  But for some people it is hard to get pregnant.  Especially if you have been trying for some odd number of years.  Yea, duh?  Everyone knows what makes a baby.  Weather or not you come up pregnant is the problem. 

It took me 10 years to finally have a baby.  I was ok with not having one but after all these years I sure didn't expect a baby after I didn't even think I could have one.  You get older you tend to understand more. 

Baldwin, Ks.

• Options
    No and frankly I'm not too happy about it. Im jobless, my husband doesn't make enough to pay for our million dollar house and now we are faced with forclosure proceedings. This child couldn't of come at a worst time and frankly im thinking of terminating the pregnancy until we get our lives back on track. I never knew a blessing would be more of a headache.
  • Options
  • Options

imageMcKenna04:
    I dont understand how you dont plan it.. we all know how a baby is made.  If you dont want a baby, use some form of contraception or dont have sex.

for the record, contraception can fail. women get pregnant while on birth control all the time.
    second, just because you're not using contraception, doesn't mean your child was planned. doctors told me that there was no way i would be able to get pregnant on my own, so since i had never been on birth control, when we got married i didn't worry about going on it. we thought there was no way we could conceive. suprise! doctors were wrong.
    so no, our pregnancy wasn't planned.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So not planned, but very excited and happy!!  We were married 7 weeks before the BFP!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"