3rd Trimester
Options

Q for those who are full term or around the 36 wk mark

2»

Re: Q for those who are full term or around the 36 wk mark

• Options
    I guess it depends on how you're feeling at the time....but my guess is that you will not feel up to it ( I know I wouldn't have at 36wks). I would also consult with your dr./mw my bet is that they wouldn't advise that kind of a trip either! GL!
  • Options
    imagekristinleigh:
    No way - I would normally be going to the race this weekend in Indy but at 37 weeks pregnant I have zero desire to be sitting in the sun at a race.  Heat index is 100+ in our area and I would guess Indy too, so I'm sitting out this year!
    This! lol I normally go to the nationwide race in st.louis every year but there was NO way I was going to it last week. It can be miserable w/o being pg!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Completely agree with previous posters.  Your Dr. probably won't let you go that far at 36 weeks.  Even if Dr. gave it an okay, you'd be encouraged/required to get out of the car and walk around every hour or so to prevent swelling (10 hours in a car at 20 weeks in my first pregnancy was enough to make my ankles go nuts).  Add the out-of-country travel and it's probably a really bad idea.  Your instincts are totally in line.  Have Dr. write you a note if your family doesn't believe you (and maybe include a line about how DH really shouldn't be that far away then, either...)
  • Options
    Never...I doubt I would do it if it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • Options
    I totally would not go and don't think you're over reacting at all.  Ask your OB, I bet he/she won't think you're over reacting either.  It will be uncomfotable to sit, potentially hot outside, it will be super crowded to walk around, people will be drunk and bump into each other all over the place...  None of that sounds like any fun to me, even if you are a racing fan.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else! that would just be crazy! Furthermore, ebing Canadian myself, there is a whole other problem to consider in terms of medical care if you did happen to go into labour. I would hate to see you in a situation where you are paying thousands of dollars in medical bills because you delivered in the US. At a little over 37 weeks now, I am done. There is no way I would be up to travelling 10 hours in a car.
  • Options

My OB told me at 36 weeks to not travel anywhere that's more than an hour away.  

However, even if she did not tell me that, I probably wouldn't travel 10 hours out of the country.  It's so uncertain around this time of when the baby will actually make his appearance, I would be too nervous and uncomfortable to travel far from home. 

• Options

lurker here -

there are too many what if's in this situation.

What if you go into labor and you don't make it back to Canada in time - then you end up having your baby in US having a HUGE US medical bill!

my MW says no travel after 32 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"