Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Difficulty getting 7mo old to sleep

I am having trouble getting my 7 mo old to sleep at night. I'm ready to crack! 7mos of not one full night's sleep will do that to you. On average, it takes an hour EVERY night to get her down. I have tried to get her into a routine....didn't work. Changed the routine....didn't work. This included putting her down drowsy, yet awake...nope!

I truly believe in not creating bad habits, but I am starting to bc that's the only way she will go to sleep. Every night, I have to rock her in my arms. Even then, the minute I put her down, she wakes up and won't settle.

I don't believe in the 'crying it out' method, although, I will let her cry for a bit sometimes.

She used to go down ok, not great, but it's only getting worse. She started to sit at 6 mos, has been trying to crawl since right after and is still not there. And now she JUST started sitting up from laying on her tummy, so that's all she wants to do when she wakes.

Can any provide any suggestions that will help? I'm desperate!

Re: Difficulty getting 7mo old to sleep

• Options
    I really don't have loads of advice, but one thing I've done for my LO is while we're doing her night routine, we have a heating pad in her bed on the L or 1 setting.  Before I lay her down in bed, I take out the heating pad, and then put her down.  She snuggles right in and doesn't wake up because the bed is all warm and cozy.  Often if we don't do that, she wakes up because she's being put down on a cold sheet.  It's worth a shot.  HTH and GL!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
                                       Our third addition is on their way!
  • Options
    Wow! Thanks! That's a great idea. She goes from being in my warm arms to a cold sheet. Love the idea!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's what was happening with our LO.  It works great.  The biggest thing is to obviously make sure you take out the heating pad first. :):)  Sure hope that helps your LO and you get some sleep!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
                                       Our third addition is on their way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"