Baby Names
Options

Nicknames for Caroline? Carol?

I love love love Caroline. I'm working on my husband. His concern is that people will call her, or she will go by Carol. I've never heard of a Caroline that goes by Carol, but I don't know many Carolines either...... Is Carol a nickname for Caroline? (Crossing my fingers praying you'll say no so I can show this to my husband)

Re: Nicknames for Caroline? Carol?

• Options

Nooooo...Carol is definitely NOT a nickname for Caroline. Indifferent

Okay, I lied...it totally is a nickname for Caroline, but I've never known any Carolines to go by it. I'm Carolyn...and my parents called me Carol J (middle initial) when I was little...not all the time, but every once in a while. 

imageimage
  • Options

I love that name too-and the only Caroline that I new of when by "carrie" as a nickname.  I've never heard of Carol as a nickname.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My friends name is Carolyn and she has never been called Carol to my knowledge.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    My cousin's name is Caroline and she goes by Carrie. I wouldn't use Carol as a nickname for Caroline. I knew a girl named Carolyn and she went by Lynn.
  • Options
    I only know one Caroline, but she goes by Caroline.
  • Options
    Carrie is the first thing that comes to mind. Katie Couric's DDs are Caroline and Elinor and they go by Carrie and Ellie.
  • Options
    I have a friend whose name is Caroline and she goes by Caro.(sounds like ka-doe)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kmplskmpls member
    My niece is Caroline. We call her Caroline, Linea (line-ah), or Liney. Never Carol.
  • Options
    I have never known a Caroline to go by Carol. I know a little girl named Caroline that goes by Carly.
  • Options
    I know a Caroline who goes by Callie.  A little out there, but I really love it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I know 4 Carolines. Most of them got called Carol. One of them goes by Carrie.
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Options
    I don't think that anyone would call her Carol unless she introduced herself as Carol.  I love Caroline though, and all the nickname options.  If he doesn't like Carol she could always go by Cara, Carrie, Ro, Ollie, Callie, Carly, Lindy, etc.
  • Options
    If I ever have a DD she will be named Caroline and the ONLY nickname that I would consider for her is Carly.
  • Options

every caroline i have ever known went by caroline. the only nickname i ever heard anyone else call them was caro. i'm considering it as well [leaning toward it and away from carolina] and i'm not worried about nicknames at all like i am with other names on my list.

for example, i absolutely despise the name carrie and i'm not worried about that either. people won't call her anything she tells them not to call her.

carol is really an older lady's name now so even if it was a common nickname for caroline decades ago, a little girl today wouldn't generally choose to go by that anyway.

• Options
    One of my best friends is name Caroline, and I call her Caro. 
  • Options

I've only met one Caroline, and she went by Caroline.

As a side note, my name is Keri and a friend insisted that it couldn't be my real name and that had to be Caroline. haha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"