3rd Trimester
Options

Clicky Poll: Delivery Room??

2»

Re: Clicky Poll: Delivery Room??

• Options

Me and DH...and he should consider himself lucky that HE is allowed lol. I am not all about having ANYONE else in there during the labor or birth.  I am a private person that way and I don't like mom doing the "oh my poor baby!" thing the entire time...and MIL? HAH!

Moms are not happy, but the plan is after the boys are born and if they are healthy and not stuck in the NICU, we will let whoever wants to come and see them AFTER the delivery and we have some bonding time just the four of us. Then we say adios until we get settled in at home and set up some sort of visitation schedule. Sounds mean but I am so stressed out about having people come "help"....especially in-laws. They need to understand I don't want help with the babies per say, but more of help with the house and cooking and errands...which I don' t think they get it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    My husband, mom, and either mother in law or sister in law, up to them to decide who wants to be the third. They were all with us the first time but this hospital only allows 3 support people.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't imagine having anyone else in the delivery room with me except my husband.... I can imagine that I'll be feeling at my worst of the whole pregnancy, and being predominantly naked cant be fun around other family-ish members. If I find a doula I like, then she would be there too. 
  • Options

My husband and I had my mom and my mother-in-law. They were there for the pushing but my mother-in-law was supposed to leave during the pushing. She didn't make it out. haha. That was our second daughter's birth. Our first daughter's birth happened so quickly it was just my husband and I. No one even knew I was in labor because she came out so quick.

• Options
    me, DH, and our Doula
  • Options
    Just me and DH for the active pushing part, but I'm inviting whoever wants to show up to visit before that as well as after we get settled into our new room once LO is born. 
  • Options
    It was my DH, mom, and I.  It was great!  My mom stayed above my head while DH helped me push.  Mom squirted my face with a water bottle while DH fed me ice chips in between contractions.  I had a great delivery with their support!
  • Options
    No DH, No Mom, they will be in the waiting room.  just me and hospital staff. There is too much nastiness going on for an audience, especially my DH! I do not want him seeing that!
  • Options
    My MIL and SIL were there and it totally stressed me out even though I love them both. I believe the additional stress slowed down my labor. Next time it will be just the two of us with our family invited to join us afterward.
  • Options

Planning a homebirth.

It will be DH and my midwife.  I am considering having a close friend of mine come over to keep my son occupied and help support DH so he can be there for me, but it will depend upon the time of day i end up in labor.

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
    Home Birthing-Breastfeeding-Cloth Diapering-Baby Wearing-CoSleeping-Delayed/Selective Vaccination Mama to Charlie (5yrs) and Madeline (21mos)
  • Options
    my mom is no longer with us so if my husbands mom can make it i am allowing her to be with us even while i am pushing. this is also my second child so i really don't care who sees me down there as long as its not his dad!!
  • Options
    Me, DH, and it's looking like a doula.
  • Options

me, DH, and our wonderful midwife will be there for the whole thing

In and out for various parts -MIL (She's a nurse formerly in L&D and I trust her) and maybe my mom. She lives two states away but is taking some time off so if she makes it she's welcome. Its the first grandchild and I think it means a lot for them to be involved. I think it would freak out the granddads a bit much so I doubt they will be in the room.

We don't have a 'set limit' at the birth center we're delivering at but I don't want a circus either. All the new aunts and uncles can wait to see her.

• Options
    DH, 5 year old DD, her support and doula(of couse!)
  • Options

Definitely just me and my husband. If you didn't have a part in *making* the baby or getting it out (aka doctor lol), sorry but you're not invited!

I guess I wouldn't mind if my mom was there, but definitely NOT my mother-in-law. It's nothing personal, but she is not my mom. I know she is still my husband's mom, and my baby's grandma - but she doesn't need to see me all sprawled out and yelling on the table! I'll be uncomfortable enough as it is, haha.

• Options
    Me, my husband, and our two children
  • Options
    First of all, you have a big beautiful belly girl! I am having DH, my doula/massage therapist and the OB in the delivery room. (Mom and bffs live out of state...MIL would just get in the way.)
  • Options

Well, for us it will be just me and DH since our family is all in Canada and we're in China.

But for you, I would invite your MIL.  I mean, your mom gets to be there, so I think she would be pretty offended if you invited your BFF over her.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options

only me & DH

• Options
    imageQmommy:
    I put just my DH and I... BUT that is just during pushing.  Anyone who wants to visit me in the hospital while I'm laboring is welcome as long as I'm not being checked by the doctor or pushing.  :)
  • Options

imageQmommy:
    I put just my DH and I... BUT that is just during pushing.  Anyone who wants to visit me in the hospital while I'm laboring is welcome as long as I'm not being checked by the doctor or pushing.  :)

This will be how we do it also. My mom and dad and anyone else can visit while I'm in labor but for the actual pushing it'll be just Dh and I.

• Options
    just me, DH and Doula. The hospital only allows 2 support people in the room at a time. 
  • Options
    Everyone lives really far away.. Money for travel, and taking time off work will probably mean I'm doing this alone....  But if anyone decides they want to try to come for the birth, they are more than welcome to watch!  The more the merrier.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think if your MIL is offended by not being invited she has already overstepped boundaries. she doesn't have the right to be upset for not being asked to go during labor and delivery. that would be the same idea as her being upset that she couldn't go with u to get a pap, or breast exam. those r private times and most women are comfy with their moms and husbands seeing them in that vulnerable position, but not everyone else.

• Options

My significant Other will be there.

My sons and mom will be in the room until we are at the time and then my mom will take them to the waiting room, then the boys will get to see the newbie right away.  This is how we did it for the 2nd one and it worked well.

• Options

Last time I had only my husband and my twin sister with me.  The mom's didn't come into the room until after the baby was born.  (my MIL was very gracious about that, but my mom was not.)

I'll do the same thing this time.

• Options
    My husband of course and I am considering having my mom in there even while I am pushing, just for the extra support. 
  • Options
    I'm planning on having DH and my best friend (who also happens to be doctor) in the delivery room with me.  My best friend is like a sister to me, so I definitely want her there, but we plan on having her leave as soon as the baby is born so that it can just be me, DH, and our baby girl for the first hour of her life.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"