1st Trimester
Options

Age of first time moms!

Re: Age of first time moms!

• Options
    26 right now, 27 when I deliver.
  • Options

everyone is different.  and sometimes, life does not go how you wanted it to.

i was married at 21.  married 5 years, then divorced due to ex's adultery.  had to start over.  thought i'd be starting a family around 26 and instead was starting my life over.  went through several incredibly difficult years and also didn't know if i'd marry again or marry when I was still in childbearing years.

met hubby when I had just turned 29.  Married w/in the year.  Started TTC at the end of this past summer (me at age 31) and finally got the BFP on 2/15 (me at age 32, which is how old I'll be when I deliver, assuming God  lets this baby stick around the entire time).

i feel very old to be starting a family, not because of anyone else--some of my friends aren't married yet, some are engaged, some already have kids--but because I thought my life was going to take a very different course.

so i am incredibly grateful to be pregnant now, and counting my blessings every day.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJodi2008:
    34, will turn 35 a month before delivery.

Same here (only I'll turn 35 two months before)

• Options
    I'm 33.  The baby is due right before my 34th birthday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am 30.  I know how you feel.  Several of my friends have children and some times I wish I would have started earlier, but I am happy I didn't.  I think now is a good time in my life to start a family.
  • Options

With my first I was 29 when I got pregnant and 30 when I delivered.

2nd one I am 31 and will be when I deliver but will turn 32 a few days later!

28 is not late!

• Options
    imagedgasu79:

imagefloridakat:
    I'll be 38. Honestly, how is 28 old to be starting a family?

I don't think anyone should take offense to this... It's a proven fact that most people have their children at 25? I think that is what I heard on the news the other day. Our eggs are less and less every day! So I know what she is saying by 28 being late. Luckily people have children a lot later now and there are some plus sides to that and as in my case sometimes life doesn't go your way...

I wasn't taking offense at anything, I was just genuinely surprised. The average age for first time mothers was 25 in 2006, which means it's higher than that now. Which means half of all women are over 25 when they have their first child. I wouldn't say "most" people have their children at 25.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagezukolivie:

imagefloridakat:

This.  I didn't even get married until I was 30.

I'm only 23 and my family has been after me to pop out kids for a couple of years now. I think it depends on the area and the people. Most of the people I graduated high school with already have 1+ kids and my cousin who is 3 years younger is pregnant with her third. I'm also the only person in my family who actually LEFT southern Illinois for college and I'll be the first with a Master's from a university that had real classes and not mail correspondence.

Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'll be 32 and one of the first in my circle of friends.
  • Options
    DH and I are both 24, we'll be 24 when we deliver.  Our first child was conceived at 18 and born when we were 19.
  • Options
    I'm 29
  • Options

imagedjfacemachine:
    I'm 25 and I'll be 26 when baby arrives.

This.

• Options
    I am 32 and will be 32 when I deliver. I feel like we are starting a little late, but that was just the hand life dealt us!
  • Options
    Grandma here will hopefully have this baby a few weeks before my 36th.
  • Options
    imagelittleanomaly:
    imagezukolivie:

imagefloridakat:

This.  I didn't even get married until I was 30.

I'm only 23 and my family has been after me to pop out kids for a couple of years now. I think it depends on the area and the people. Most of the people I graduated high school with already have 1+ kids and my cousin who is 3 years younger is pregnant with her third. I'm also the only person in my family who actually LEFT southern Illinois for college and I'll be the first with a Master's from a university that had real classes and not mail correspondence.

So, your family was wanting you to have kids at a young age AND before you were married? Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging at all, but I have to think that's an atypical situation.

• Options
    I am 25 now and will be 26 when this baby is born.
  • Options
    I am 26, due is September and turn 27 in December.  I too feel that way, but many of my friends are just starting their families, too.
  • Options
    I'm 23. My birthdays on the 9th, so I'll be 24 when I deliver.
  • Options

imageBlakeG:
    I'm 27.  I guess it depends on where you are from because where I live everyone thinks I'm so young lol.  I'm the first of all my friends to get married and now have a baby. 

Me too...27.  Not the first to have a baby, but most of our friends still don't have kids or are even married.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I'll be 26 when baby arrives! This is my first pregnancy.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • Options
    I'm 28 and will be turning 29 about a month after the baby is born.
  • Options

I think I'm the baby here on this post!  lol  I am 21 now and will turn 22 in June...baby is due September 8th and hubby turns 22 on September 14th.

• Options
    27 now, and 2 months to 28 when i deliver
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Options
    Just entered the Flirty 30 club =) Will be delivering 1 day after our 1 year wedding anniversary.
  • Options

26 now 27 when I deliver.

I definitely don't think 28 is old for a first baby. I am from Pennsylvania but now live in Chicago. All of my friends and cousins that are my age already have children and are pretty much done now. Here in Chicago many people think I am super young to be married and pregnant. I think that it just really depends on where you live.

• Options
    I will be 28 and my husband will be 31.  I don't think that's late at all! :)
  • Options
    I am 26, I feel young, but I own a house, have been married 2.5 years. I guess this was the next step. My co-workers were shocked though and thought I should have waited until 35 or so, that's what they did. I think it doesn't matter when you have your baby as long as you are emotionally ready when it comes out to "deal" with it.
  • Options
    I was 24 with my first DD and I am 25 with my second child.
  • Options
    I am 27 but will be 28 when the baby is born :)
  • Options
    I will be 26 and DH will be 27 when I deliver.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm 25 now, will be 26 when I deliver.  I seriously can't believe it.  I've been ready to be a mommy for quite some time now, but sometimes I'm like HOLY CRAP I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY.  I really don't feel like I'm 25.  Time just flies by way too fast.
  • Options
    I'm 27 and will be about 2 months away from my 28th bday when I deliver. I will be the first of my close friends, all around the same age, to have a baby
  • Options

I'm 27, I'll be 28 when the baby is born. I actually wish I was a bit older. We were hoping to start trying in a few years, after I finished grad school, but apparently God had different plans!

It is definitely a location thing. I grew up in a small town in VT, everyone I went to HS with who stayed in the area has at least one kid, now I live in Washington, D.C. and among my professional friends I am quite young.

• Options
    I'll be 30 in June.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am 23. Dh is 25 :-)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm 33 and will be the same when I deliver. 
    TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!
  • Options
    31 on due date 32 if I deliver on or after nov. 5
  • Options

I'm 22 and will be when the babe comes... DH is 24 and will be 25 a few weeks after the baby arrives.

And yes- totally depends on your social circle... where I grew up I'm so young to be married and pregnant but with our good group of friends I'm right on track.

• Options
    i'm twenty but will be twenty-one before baby comes.  i'm due the day before my hubby's twenty-third bday.  yea i know we're young.  yep this was a surprise but my mom had me happy and healthy at thirty-two so i don't think age really matters.  she had more health problems with my sister's pregnancy at twenty-two.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• Options
    i am 28 now will be 29 when baby arrives
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"